Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:14:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gillingham forum  (Read 2048 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member
Gillingham forum
« on April 11, 2024, 10:10:45 pm by donny dave »
What is this muppet talking about,

daveycrocket
Vital Squad Member
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
GillsBluenose said:
Grant McCann. And he seems to have made a player out of Adelakun, so I am beginning to think he is some sort of deity :pinch:
McCann came to Doncaster last summer, and with quite a good reputation. The locals were very excited about the appointment but by Christmas they were in the bottom 4, the fans turned big time on him wanting him out. Now after 7 wins on the trot they're above the Gills in the table and he's the hero. Bit of an opposite scenario to SC. Football's a funny old game.
Like Reactions:LancsGordoRoad, LSB2 and nibbles

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Re: Gillingham forum
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2024, 10:13:42 pm by adamtherover »
Remind me when we turned on grant?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 11, 2024, 10:16:39 pm by drfchound »
What is this muppet talking about,

daveycrocket
Vital Squad Member
Yesterday at 10:19 PM
GillsBluenose said:
Grant McCann. And he seems to have made a player out of Adelakun, so I am beginning to think he is some sort of deity :pinch:
McCann came to Doncaster last summer, and with quite a good reputation. The locals were very excited about the appointment but by Christmas they were in the bottom 4, the fans turned big time on him wanting him out. Now after 7 wins on the trot they're above the Gills in the table and he's the hero. Bit of an opposite scenario to SC. Football's a funny old game.
Like Reactions:LancsGordoRoad, LSB2 and nibbles

Just register on their forum mate and put them right.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2024, 10:25:29 pm by dknward2 »
Think 95 percent of us did and wanted the exact opposite we knew he could turn it around, maybe not as well as we have done so we have been proven right in sticking with him

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2024, 10:34:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Turned on by him more like.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2024, 10:38:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Depends where they were looking for comments. If they looked at Facebook or Twitter X, then they may have seen a less than constructive view than on here.

If you recall, someone even started a poll on here and the overwhelming response was to stick with McCann

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2024, 10:58:38 pm by ncRover »
That Lower League Look podcast man-child started shit-stirring saying that we wanted McCann out early on in the season. So now quite a few will believe it.

And then only about a month ago he called us “arrogant” to assume that we were safe from relegation.

Any other fanbase would have been calling for his head but we stood by him all the way.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 11:21:16 pm by ncRover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 12, 2024, 07:02:02 am by roversdude »

Depends where they were looking for comments. If they looked at Facebook or Twitter X, then they may have seen a less than constructive view than on here.

If you recall, someone even started a poll on here and the overwhelming response was to stick with McCann

That’s right can’t remember who set up the poll but the result was pretty conclusive that we were still behind Grant with the odd exception who like stirring

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 12, 2024, 07:55:16 am by mpc123 »
I have the typical work place.

10x man u fans
5x Liverpool fans
3x leeds
1x doncaster (me)

I was only saying yesterday how proud I was that when we was bottom of the league we still sang his song, we were all behind him, but to hear it over the last few games has been bitter sweet.

We all have done nothing but back GM, it was the people that were running the club we were asking for slight changes, which also now have happened.

We need to be proud of that period where we fully backed a manager, we were bottom of league 2.

The best thing about this all is the love between manager and fans is reciprocated, he knows we backed him still when it was really tough.

This is not a team with fans, this is what is called a club,

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 12, 2024, 08:01:26 am by roversdude »
Great post mpc

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 12, 2024, 10:02:13 am by selby »
  Working with 18 sad buggers this week then mpc123.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 12, 2024, 12:44:27 pm by adamtherover »
i like to think folk could see beyond the league position and just realise the shite hand grant had been dealt, 3 yrs of a losing mentality,  then a horror injury crisis!!! it was gonna come good, we just had to see it through...

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 12, 2024, 02:22:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
I’ve never liked Gillingham. Hated going there. Don’t know why. Probably ley lines.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 12, 2024, 02:28:19 pm by ForsolongaRover »
I suppose it's nice to be noticed and clearly we have made an impression there. And there's nothing disparaging said about the team.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 12, 2024, 03:17:19 pm by German Rover »
Got battered by three blokes as a 19 year old in Chatham, for being 'Northern'. f**k Medway, f**k Gillingham and most of all f**k their football team.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 12, 2024, 05:26:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Got battered by three blokes as a 19 year old in Chatham, for being 'Northern'. f**k Medway, f**k Gillingham and most of all f**k their football team.

Used to be some class boozers down Chatham  Dive Bar, that portacabin in the middle of the roundabout. Vanne Damn bar in the shopping centre strippers on every dinnertime and  in the old days Army and Navy, Royal Marine, Beast.  and in the 70's the Fountain on Chatham High Street used to be errrm very interesting :) (later it became the Halifax Building society

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2024, 05:55:44 pm by VivaRovers »
Used to be some class boozers down Chatham  Dive Bar, that portacabin in the middle of the roundabout. Vanne Damn bar in the shopping centre strippers on every dinnertime and  in the old days Army and Navy, Royal Marine, Beast.  and in the 70's the Fountain on Chatham High Street used to be errrm very interesting :) (later it became the Halifax Building society

Really bold use of the word 'class' here

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 12, 2024, 06:20:58 pm by redwine »
What's that quote?

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about"

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 12, 2024, 08:11:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Really bold use of the word 'class' here

:laugh:  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012