Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:02:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturdays Attendance  (Read 13172 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Saturdays Attendance
« Reply #90 on April 17, 2024, 07:27:23 pm by Nudga »
Does that all the time. I really would take the web sales with a pinch of salt

This isn't good for my ocd

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 17, 2024, 08:35:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It was a bit like this for the opening game then I don't think there was even 7000 home fans despite the website showing the ground very sold out in places

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 17, 2024, 08:49:47 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
It’s been said before but I really don’t understand why the club don’t publish and push the actual ticket sales during the build up. Wrexham didn’t need it because it sold itself, this game does. Many floating supporters will be like me, they want to be a part of an occasion. There’ll hardly be any away fans so the occasion will come from the home fans. It’s not too late to publish updates 3 or 4 times a day and start to generate everyone pulling together to hit milestones- whether that be 8, 9 or 10,000

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 17, 2024, 08:58:12 pm by CantleyRed »
Don't you think that any "floating fans" who are not aware this is an occasion can float away down the Don to Rotherham!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on April 17, 2024, 09:07:25 pm by Metalmicky »
Does that all the time. I really would take the web sales with a pinch of salt

This isn't good for my ocd

you mean cdo...... obvs

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 17, 2024, 09:08:42 pm by normal rules »
Wasnt there a time when rovers games were posted on flyers in chippies all over town ?in the 21st c sometimes old
School PR still
Has a place .

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on April 17, 2024, 09:39:24 pm by Nudga »
It’s been said before but I really don’t understand why the club don’t publish and push the actual ticket sales during the build up. Wrexham didn’t need it because it sold itself, this game does. Many floating supporters will be like me, they want to be a part of an occasion. There’ll hardly be any away fans so the occasion will come from the home fans. It’s not too late to publish updates 3 or 4 times a day and start to generate everyone pulling together to hit milestones- whether that be 8, 9 or 10,000

Mansfield did this in the summer with their season ticket sales which generated loads of interest and they had record sales.
You've got to make people think they are going to be a part of something special or, equally, miss out.
Regular updates like "Only 500 tickets left in west stand, don't miss out etc or" 7 000 tickets sold in 4 days!.

It doesn't cost them a penny to do this.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 17, 2024, 09:48:20 pm by johnny rovers »
S14 sold out, no other blocks on sale beginning with S.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 09:50:39 pm by johnny rovers »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on April 17, 2024, 09:52:00 pm by DearneValleyRover »
S14 sold out, no other blocks on sale beginning with a S.

1 left according to the web site but who knows could be 100 tomorrow. Must be at least 8,500 home fans now which should be applauded and hopefully come again. My worry is that when we get a big home crowd we tend to bottle it

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 17, 2024, 10:24:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Like the home game against Wrexham, DVR?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on April 17, 2024, 10:36:37 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Like the home game against Wrexham, DVR?

Anomaly Alan?

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 17, 2024, 11:06:29 pm by Peebles Rover »

Mansfield did this in the summer with their season ticket sales which generated loads of interest and they had record sales.
You've got to make people think they are going to be a part of something special or, equally, miss out.
Regular updates like "Only 500 tickets left in west stand, don't miss out etc or" 7 000 tickets sold in 4 days!.

It doesn't cost them a penny to do this.

It’s called behavioural science, and we should be plying to it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on April 17, 2024, 11:59:54 pm by dickos1 »
Can’t help but be reminded of the notts county game with this build up. Massive crowd and we got beat 1-0

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on April 18, 2024, 12:11:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can’t help but be reminded of the notts county game with this build up. Massive crowd and we got beat 1-0

Stop it. You're just talking yourself into negative mindset. Just keep thinking of the recent Wrexham game, the promotion game v Grimsby when fans invaded the pitch, the wins v Rotherham, Scunny and Sheff Wednesdday when the couldn't get the ball of us....if you struggle remembering those, then think back to Southend play off semi or Crewe JPT.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 18, 2024, 12:37:33 am by Michael Shaw »
The atmosphere will be electric and I only wish I could be there. Won't get back from Lake Buena Vista, Orlando until Monday. I have faith we will win 14 in a row by the end of the playoffs.

Part timer

We were looking at the bottom of the table when the trip was booked. Will be at the playoff home game though. This is not the last home game.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on April 18, 2024, 05:33:24 am by Padge_DRFC »
I know it was touted about doing reduced tickets prices for this game and I agree we shouldn't do/have. If we make the playoffs and the game being on sky along with all ST holders having to pay I think that would be a good idea to then? Did we do anything last time v Charlton? I don't remember the ground packed out at all

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 18, 2024, 06:50:45 am by colincramb »
I know it was touted about doing reduced tickets prices for this game and I agree we shouldn't do/have. If we make the playoffs and the game being on sky along with all ST holders having to pay I think that would be a good idea to then? Did we do anything last time v Charlton? I don't remember the ground packed out at all

You absolutely do not do any ticket promotions for a playoff semifinal!! That’s the time to cash in, not lose money

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on April 18, 2024, 09:05:09 am by idler »

Stop it. You're just talking yourself into negative mindset. Just keep thinking of the recent Wrexham game, the promotion game v Grimsby when fans invaded the pitch, the wins v Rotherham, Scunny and Sheff Wednesdday when the couldn't get the ball of us....if you struggle remembering those, then think back to Southend play off semi or Crewe JPT.
Personally, I think that the fan invasion at the Grimsby game cost or at least stopped us winning the title that season. It was as though most fans and possibly some players thought that we would just stroll to the title. I’m sure that Grant and Cliff won’t let the players forget just what needs to be achieved, unlike Darren Ferguson who seemed to lose the plot in those last few games.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on April 18, 2024, 09:36:51 am by normal rules »
On the subject of pitch invasions, it really isn’t needed this sat. Even with a win the job isn’t done . Far from it .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on April 18, 2024, 09:53:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
On the subject of pitch invasions, it really isn’t needed this sat. Even with a win the job isn’t done . Far from it .

Totally agree. I hope our young fans behind the goal  understand that. I'm not even sure a formal lap of honour, other than the usual appreciation from the players, is warrented. I'm sure whatever the outcome, alot of fans will stay back to applaud the players anyway. Even if we don't win, it's not over.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on April 18, 2024, 10:18:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just had a quick glance at the seats available and, they're obviously releasing blocks one by one on the North side of the West stand. Probably about 750 to 800 to go before opening up blocks in the North stand.  South full, although numbers held back for wriggle room.

Difficult to judge how many walk ups on the day as folk are more used to buying in advance now but sales seem to be going at about 500 per day.

Yes, all the concourse bars will be open. The prematch guide will be going out soon and be posted on the website, so I would encourage everyone to read this so we can be prepared for a brilliant day at the Eco.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on April 18, 2024, 10:42:35 am by pib »
I make it just shy of 8000 home tickets sold as of this morning, plus corporates which aren't accounted for on the website.

On Tuesday it was about 6600 according to my workings, so strong sales the past couple of days.

Just over 600 unsold in the usual available home areas.  We then have the north end of the West Stand to open if needed (W31, 32, 33) before getting to the North Stand. Presumably Barrow fans are going to be in the East.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on April 18, 2024, 10:59:44 am by johnny rovers »
About ten rows of W33 can't be sold as they have had all the seat backs removed. Presumably for replacing broken ones here and there. Hope they sort that out in time for the challenge cup semi final. Hope the RFL are aware of that issue and it's getting sorted along with the big screen and it's inability to do replays of key moments. It's annoying why that hasn't been sorted out this season.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on April 18, 2024, 11:23:52 am by colincramb »
About ten rows of W33 can't be sold as they have had all the seat backs removed. Presumably for replacing broken ones here and there. Hope they sort that out in time for the challenge cup semi final. Hope the RFL are aware of that issue and it's getting sorted along with the big screen and it's inability to do replays of key moments. It's annoying why that hasn't been sorted out this season.

Because the part for the screen is extortionate. I believe they did attempt to fix it preseason but it then broke down again. Stadium maintenance budget is limited and this wasn’t deemed essential.

It was my understanding the seats have now been put back to their original location?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on April 18, 2024, 11:33:56 am by johnny rovers »
When I went to the Dons on Sunday the seat backs hadn't been replaced.

As for the big screen issue, it would be highly embarrassing if the BBC have to hire in another screen to be erected within the stadium which in turn would take seats away from being sold. Like I said earlier, I do hope these issues are being addressed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on April 18, 2024, 11:44:10 am by Filo »
I might be wrong, but I always thought we leased the big screen and owned the little scoreboard

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on April 18, 2024, 12:06:08 pm by colincramb »
I might be wrong, but I always thought we leased the big screen and owned the little scoreboard

I believe we own the screen now, but could be wrong

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on April 18, 2024, 12:34:26 pm by Chris Black come back »
The new LED scoreboard cost us £14,500.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on April 18, 2024, 12:41:52 pm by Chris Black come back »
Total sales of all kinds home and away was this morning 8577.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on April 18, 2024, 12:49:55 pm by GazLaz »
Total sales of all kinds home and away was this morning 8577.

Looking like the attendance will start with a 9 then. Decent enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012