Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:28:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Phil Parkinson  (Read 1249 times)

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
Phil Parkinson
« on April 16, 2024, 11:50:45 pm by Tiddysdad »
As some of you will remember my paintings of Donny players I've been asked to paint Notts County players and as such My wife and I had the privilege of being invited as guests at Notts County v Stockport tonight. Sat with us was Phil Parkinson. We talked genuinely about football and his achievements over the last couple of seasons. I didn't mention I was a Doncaster Rovers fan when he started to talk about the best team they had played.
He presumed I was a county fan and the conversation went a little like this (I can't remember exactly what word)
I really like coming to Notts we had a great rivalry last season but I'm always made welcome here. They were the best team we played last year by miles. It's a bit disappointing to see them during this slump.
I asked... Who's the best team this year?
O Doncaster after the other week.
At that point I said really he said yes. I then told him I was a Doncaster Rovers fan.
He said that from what he'd seen of us in his build up to the game between us and during the game that we are a formidable force.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:10:47 am by Tiddysdad »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Phil Parkinson
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2024, 11:57:21 pm by karldew »
Hopefully he keeps away from our players! Wouldn’t surprise me to see Haks at Wrexham next season.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 17, 2024, 12:03:22 am by Tiddysdad »
Hopefully he keeps away from our players! Wouldn’t surprise me to see Haks at Wrexham next season.
We went on to talk about how we had turned the corner. He mentioned Faal going to Walsall and how Addie was playing for fun.
He knew all about us including TLT.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 12:12:28 am by Tiddysdad »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2024, 11:47:03 am by ncRover »
Clearly, he had his eye on Joe Ironside too.

https://www.thewrexhaminsider.com/transfer-news/wrexham-considered-signing-paul-mullins-former-strike-partner-last-summer/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

There was a rumour in January they were looking at him. With Fletcher and Marriott’s fitness issues he would have been a good signing for them last summer. Tough luck.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2024, 01:22:15 pm by Draytonian III »
Phil Parkinson will be out of a job by Christmas

TinyPortal © 2005-2012