Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 01:35:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grant’s post match interview  (Read 2508 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Re: Grant’s post match interview
« Reply #30 on May 11, 2024, 10:40:39 am by Fal »
I think Adelukan has had his career purple patch and reverted to mean, I’d be thinking long and hard about whether to sign him.

Disagree with this completely, the opposition have clearly tried to do a number on him and moly as they know of their attacking threat.

They also put two men on ironside all the time to not allow him to bring anyone in the game.

It’s just good tactics nullifying our biggest threats to make them seem like they played bad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 11, 2024, 10:44:31 am by Chris Black come back »
High achieving consistency with McCann. Two seasons with us. Made play offs both occasions. Won away leg on both occasions. Tommy Rowe started second leg on both occasions. Lost home leg on both occasions. Two players failed to score penalties in the shoot out on both occasions. Went out on penalties on both occasions.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 11, 2024, 10:45:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I think Adelukan has had his career purple patch and reverted to mean, I’d be thinking long and hard about whether to sign him.

Hard but probably fair.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 11, 2024, 10:49:31 am by StocksArmy »
I can't bring myself to comment on the game as everybody connected to the club have given us hope again and deserve nothing but credit. Did we throw it away? Yes we did and thats obvious to everybody. It happens in football to the very best of teams nevermind little old Donny. Its been and done so lets not take this into next season, we should have a positive pre season, get rid of the last of the dead wood and come out flying. Anybody who doesn't want to be a part of what the club are building whether it be supporters, players or those in talks over new contracts are stupid.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 11, 2024, 11:03:37 am by DonnyOsmond »
High achieving consistency with McCann. Two seasons with us. Made play offs both occasions. Won away leg on both occasions. Tommy Rowe started second leg on both occasions. Lost home leg on both occasions. Two players failed to score penalties in the shoot out on both occasions. Went out on penalties on both occasions.

CAFC twice.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 11, 2024, 11:05:40 am by ChrisBx »
Interestingly, I recall McCann's post-Charlton interview being very similar to last night's. It filled me with confidence that he was the right person to continue building, just as it did last night.

Let's hope for a different outcome this time!

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 11, 2024, 12:39:46 pm by Cramby10 »

Hard but probably fair.
I was having this conversation last night. Who is the real Hakeeb Adelakun? Is he the one who helped us turn around our season with goals and assists a plenty or the one who’s shown up this last handful of games with little contribution and ordinary body language? The previous 6 seasons and 8 goals suggest it could well be the latter.
I hope I’m wrong and Grant persuades him to stay and he reproduces the phenomenal form he showed a few weeks ago. I’m now unconvinced that this will happen however.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 11, 2024, 01:47:31 pm by MachoMadness »
Adelakun is knackered. He was blowing out his arse after about 80 minutes last night because he's run his blood to water every game for the last 3 months. Bit harsh to write him off after a couple of games when his contribution to our historic run has been massive.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 11, 2024, 04:31:32 pm by GazLaz »
Adelakun is knackered. He was blowing out his arse after about 80 minutes last night because he's run his blood to water every game for the last 3 months. Bit harsh to write him off after a couple of games when his contribution to our historic run has been massive.

I’m not sure he’s fully fit. Add into the fact he was used in a pretty specific way as a secret weapon. He’s not so secret any more. Like I’ve said before, feels like we probably have to sign him if available. I wouldn’t break the bank for him though. A lot of these players have are playing the best football of their careers in the last three months. Thats not down to them being world beaters is it…You can’t make really strong decisions or base strong opinions on freak circumstances.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012