Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 08:38:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Judge for yourself  (Read 2136 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Judge for yourself
« Reply #30 on May 11, 2024, 05:12:58 pm by Filo »
I was in line with it, thought it was offside at the time, but looking at that he’s onsde

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 11, 2024, 05:44:57 pm by donnievic »
That’s the problem with sum rovers fans not knowing the laws the player is clearly on side the 2 stood off are not interfering with that phase of play  so what happens after is irrelevant,you can only be offside if going for the ball or interfering with another defender or keeper at the time

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 11, 2024, 05:51:30 pm by donnievic »
the two Crewe players in the middle were off side and a few seconds later the ball was in the middle and they scored.  VAR would of ruled that out...
no VAR wouldn’t of overruled it and the one in the middle wasn’t offside he was stood in a offside position but didn’t recieve the ball so not classed as active
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:54:20 pm by donnievic »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 11, 2024, 07:25:58 pm by ravenrover »
That’s the problem with sum rovers fans not knowing the laws the player is clearly on side the 2 stood off are not interfering with that phase of play  so what happens after is irrelevant,you can only be offside if going for the ball or interfering with another defender or keeper at the time
"Sum" Rovers fans thought the player who received the pass was the one offside amd perhaps did know the laws. But were mistaken regarding that player actually being offside

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 11, 2024, 07:31:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Because he is played onside by the forward run of the player reveiving the ball ans as long as he stays behind or level with that player he becomes onside

It's not even that. The positions of the  players over the far side are irrelevant when that pass is played. All that then matters is whether they are offside when the cross comes in.
Do you know what Billy that's exactly what I said!

Apologies. Thick head this morning.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 11, 2024, 07:59:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
Yep, I wrongly assumed the two players in offside positions were active when they weren’t under the rules.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 11, 2024, 09:35:25 pm by POD »
Crawley’s third goal tonight against MK Dons is an example of how a player in a forward position is clearly offside but as he doesn’t receive the ball in the first phase of play, he is not deemed to be offside even though he is clearly seeking an advantage, especially as he receives a pass and puts the ball in the net a few moments later. 

Crawley are going to take some beating in the Play Off final. 

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 11, 2024, 11:08:29 pm by PDX_Rover »
Crawley’s third goal tonight against MK Dons is an example of how a player in a forward position is clearly offside but as he doesn’t receive the ball in the first phase of play, he is not deemed to be offside even though he is clearly seeking an advantage, especially as he receives a pass and puts the ball in the net a few moments later. 

Exactly. Orsi was in an offside position when the ball was fed through to the other lad who was onside, who squared to Orsi to slot home. It’s wrong.

In my opinion the rule is wrong. You’re gaining a clear advantage by being in an offside position. I reckon any player in an offside position when the ball is played forwards should be deemed offside. That way there’s no confusion about players being active or not.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 11, 2024, 11:21:29 pm by drfchound »

Exactly. Orsi was in an offside position when the ball was fed through to the other lad who was onside, who squared to Orsi to slot home. It’s wrong.

In my opinion the rule is wrong. You’re gaining a clear advantage by being in an offside position. I reckon any player in an offside position when the ball is played forwards should be deemed offside. That way there’s no confusion about players being active or not.

That was how it used to be in the past.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012