Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:50:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's gone fellas...  (Read 1540 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
It's gone fellas...
« on May 15, 2024, 12:46:09 am by Ryaldinhio »
The ref was poor, we should have had a pen, they should have had No20 sent off, Keeper throwing bottle etc. Ultimately they had a game plan and it worked. Hats off to them.

It is what it is. Its gone.

Let's hope for an announcement on signing Molly and Biggo in the next couple days and crack on with the plan for next season.

We've got McCann, super Grant McCann!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: It's gone fellas...
« Reply #1 on May 15, 2024, 07:18:38 am by Donnywolf »
It is gone but having seen Rovers play since the late 50s I have to say this must be the most disappointed I've been

I missed Rovers 10 Darlo 0 in 64 despite being a regular with School mates. Riled me for 60 years but not on this scale

Kitch hitting Bar at Anfield was disappointed. The biggest Giant killing by any Club with Liverpool 1st and Rovers 92nd in League and 2-2 in injury time. Very disappointing but nowhere near this level

Probably THE only challenger came and still does in the Game that took us out of the League and into Non League wilderness for how long , nobody new

I suppose given time you " get over it " so what do others think

Have you got bigger disappointments stored away , and like we have comparisons whether Stoke or Wembley was " best" was the Richardson era and loss of League status worse that not making it over the line this time

I reckon that was cathartic and I now know the answer to my own question

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 15, 2024, 07:38:48 am by philsky »
It is gone but having seen Rovers play since the late 50s I have to say this must be the most disappointed I've been

I missed Rovers 10 Darlo 0 in 64 despite being a regular with School mates. Riled me for 60 years but not on this scale

Kitch hitting Bar at Anfield was disappointed. The biggest Giant killing by any Club with Liverpool 1st and Rovers 92nd in League and 2-2 in injury time. Very disappointing but nowhere near this level

Probably THE only challenger came and still does in the Game that took us out of the League and into Non League wilderness for how long , nobody new

Have you got bigger disappointments stored away , and like we have comparisons whether Stoke or Wembley was " best" was the Richardson era and loss of League status worse that not making it over the line this time

DW - for me the tale of the tape:

Arsenal home
Charlton away
Liverpool away
Crewe home

Pretty bad:

Reading away
Brighton away

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 15, 2024, 08:09:40 am by Hounslowrover »
DW, also missed the Darlington match. Was a regular, but when my mate knocked to catch the Rovers special bus from Thorne, I somehow decided not to go!!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 15, 2024, 08:36:08 am by rich1471 »
Charlton away was not disappointing we were tremendous that night ,we may have lost but never woke up and felt like it was hard to take

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 15, 2024, 08:54:48 am by Goole Rover »

I certainly do have a disappointment my old mate. I made my first trip to sea on the Grimsby trawler Ross Heron this as part of my marine engineering apprenticeship. I watched the 1966 World Cup semi final versus Portugal in the seaman’s mission then four hours later we sailed for a two week trip. We had no televisions onboard in those days so you will have gathered what I missed. A huge disappointment that I have never got over.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 15, 2024, 09:54:03 am by colincramb »
It still lingers nearly a week on. I so desperately wanted to see us walk out a Wembley having missed the 2008 classic from working abroad at the time. Especially after the run we’d been on it would have made it even more special.

Massive, massive shame. I think it will be too hard to watch the final on Sunday, knowing it was in our hands and we should be there really. But there comes a point where you have to move on and try to take the positives out of it. Thats all we can do now.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 15, 2024, 10:21:04 am by roversontheup »
Somehow I've moved on quickly from this disappointment. We had such  fantastic unbeaten run. I kept going to games thinking 'if the bubble bursts this game' we've had such an exciting ride.
My biggest hurts were probably losing our league status and in the manner we did and the cup loss to Arsenal at a rocking BV. That took a long time to recover from.
Best for me will always be beating Dagenham at Stoke to get back into the League.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 15, 2024, 11:05:30 am by drfcsteve »
I’ll feel bad on Sunday I reckon, what could have been. After that onwards and upwards for the season ahead.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 15, 2024, 12:22:56 pm by ravenrover »
I was over it the minute I saw Haks striding forward to take that last penalty. Said goodbye to my pals and got up ready to leave.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 15, 2024, 06:00:26 pm by scawsby steve »
Being a person of a naturally pessimistic mind, I always try to implement contingency thinking before an important event, to avoid the possibility of disappointment.

In this case, I reassured myself before the game that if we didn't make Wembley, or made Wembley and lost there, we'd win the League 2 title next season.

I'm still thinking that way.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 15, 2024, 07:04:25 pm by i_ateallthepies »
So, SS what's your contingency thought for if we don't achieve the Lg2 title next season? :chair:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2024, 07:20:22 pm by scawsby steve »
So, SS what's your contingency thought for if we don't achieve the Lg2 title next season? :chair:

At my age I daren't think more than 12 months ahead; I might not be here(pessimistic thinking kicking in again).

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 15, 2024, 07:27:43 pm by StocksArmy »
Nearly a week on and I still feel sick. Can't bring myself to watch the highlights, turn on sky sports news or even watch a football match. This is going to hurt until we kick off our first game of next season and Sunday I certainly will not be watching and will stew all day at the fact that it should have been our day.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012