Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:21:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCann's Season Review & Look Ahead to 24/25  (Read 1966 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
McCann's Season Review & Look Ahead to 24/25
« on May 16, 2024, 12:28:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://youtu.be/HjN3FaxoVw0?si=p4kPrmlYZ9i6lago

Very intriguing and encouraging.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Re: McCann's Season Review & Look Ahead to 24/25
« Reply #1 on May 16, 2024, 02:31:52 pm by Mike_F »
The best 20 minutes' viewing you're likely to have this week. I absolutely love how well Grant understands the club and its fans.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 16, 2024, 03:14:12 pm by philsky »
That was excellent. He clearly sorted some decent cash for the ‘rovers three’ and it’s clear they know how we all feel about them.Level headed and calm - we’ve a cracking manager there. I could see him getting us up a couple of divisions.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 16, 2024, 04:16:48 pm by Petche »
Fantastic!
Fast becoming my favourite Rovers manager!

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 16, 2024, 04:17:49 pm by turnbull for england »
He's absolutely the sort of manager you'd want to work for isn't he. Knows people , knows the job and understands the nuances of it all. Thrown noone under the bus there  but said clearly whats changed this year, and why, as well as just enough detail to be respectful but show things are in place (recruitment working with goalkeeping coach for example) The sort of bloke people will run through brick walls for.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 16, 2024, 04:21:36 pm by IDM »
The manager is one of the reasons why the trio of players offered deals might just sign, IMHO.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 16, 2024, 04:28:15 pm by Canadian Rover »
Here's the thing. If Molly and Hakeeb think they are good enough for some mind blowing championship money the best way for them to achieve that is having a great start to the season with us!! We'd reluctantly sell them on for a good fee and wish them all the best! Right now though they'll be in a "warm demand" I don't foresee Wrexham or Birmingham coming in for them and they should wanna avoid Wednesdays at all costs!

Sign a contract, place a minimum release clause in there and come back home and be a hero.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 16, 2024, 04:42:16 pm by ncRover »
Here's the thing. If Molly and Hakeeb think they are good enough for some mind blowing championship money the best way for them to achieve that is having a great start to the season with us!! We'd reluctantly sell them on for a good fee and wish them all the best! Right now though they'll be in a "warm demand" I don't foresee Wrexham or Birmingham coming in for them and they should wanna avoid Wednesdays at all costs!

Sign a contract, place a minimum release clause in there and come back home and be a hero.

From their point of view their fear will be that we have an average season, they don’t shine and are stuck in L2 during their prime years.

It’s a short career. They are going to take every possibility they can to play at a higher level for more money because you never know what is around the corner in football.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 04:44:48 pm by ncRover »

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 16, 2024, 05:10:30 pm by keyser_soze »
Great interview that isn't it. Sounds like he was surprised at what a state the whole place was in a year ago.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 16, 2024, 10:55:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Excellent interview. How many sleeps till 24/25?

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 17, 2024, 08:06:45 am by jamesrover17 »
The manager is one of the reasons why the trio of players offered deals might just sign, IMHO.

It would be the only reason I would think, surely they have to realise they were largely underwhelming when not playing in a GM team 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 17, 2024, 04:12:25 pm by roversdude »
Did Grant say what the deadline was before we move on to other targets ?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 17, 2024, 04:16:33 pm by Mike_F »
He didn't but reading between the lines I would assume it's likely to be the end of May at the latest.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 17, 2024, 04:24:16 pm by Nudga »
He didn't but reading between the lines I would assume it's likely to be the end of May at the latest.

I personally wouldn't give them that. They've had long enough already to weigh up the pros and cons for resigning.

Also noticed that there's a hell of a lot of players out of contract next summer. I would be extending Bailey by another 2 years at least.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 17, 2024, 04:48:53 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Great interview, really inspiring and definitely what I needed after black Friday. He's the best manager we've had in a long long time, the potential to be better than SOD I think, but certainly better this time round than last - he's learned that the grass isn't always greener and sounds like he's building something holistic here - culture and team, standards, plans to improve training facilities and raise the expectation level. All amazing to hear.

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 17, 2024, 05:38:19 pm by BigKeif »

I personally wouldn't give them that. They've had long enough already to weigh up the pros and cons for resigning.

Also noticed that there's a hell of a lot of players out of contract next summer. I would be extending Bailey by another 2 years at least.

I’m with you on this one, they’ve had 2 months from Grant saying they’ve been in discussions that long. It’ll be nice for them to sign but if not, we move on to hopefully find better and not waiting round.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 17, 2024, 06:32:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I’m with you on this one, they’ve had 2 months from Grant saying they’ve been in discussions that long. It’ll be nice for them to sign but if not, we move on to hopefully find better and not waiting round.

There's been other priorities though where everyone was fully focused on getting the play offs. Bearing in mind the outcome could have been different which may be a factor in their thinking, so I think it's only fair and reasonable now everyone knows where we're going to be, we give them a reasonable period to consider their options before burning our bridges. Afterall, we would rather they sign would we? I don't see what the rush is when there's time whilst many folk in football have a break and the window doesn't officially open until mid June.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 17, 2024, 06:53:10 pm by Ryaldinhio »
In Mcanns interview he said the lads have been given a couple of weeks off and then they start reporting on their fitness plans. I expect that will be their deadline.

Whilst I want to know ASAP as does every fan, I don't think it's unreasonable to let them have their holidays clear their heads and come back with an answer.

The only thing for me is IF we have made good offers as GM mentioned then why they wouldn't sign up and then enjoy their jollies?! They must want to be part of what's going on here now!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 17, 2024, 07:09:02 pm by scawsby steve »
In Mcanns interview he said the lads have been given a couple of weeks off and then they start reporting on their fitness plans. I expect that will be their deadline.

Whilst I want to know ASAP as does every fan, I don't think it's unreasonable to let them have their holidays clear their heads and come back with an answer.

The only thing for me is IF we have made good offers as GM mentioned then why they wouldn't sign up and then enjoy their jollies?! They must want to be part of what's going on here now!

I think it's nothing more than their agents are simply holding out for the best offer.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 17, 2024, 07:30:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Few players are really irreplaceable and these three are certainly not. It’s a pain to have to recruit again due to the hassle, disruption and lack of certainty it will work out, but we could end up recruiting better. Who knows.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 17, 2024, 07:41:56 pm by NickDRFC »
Few players are really irreplaceable and these three are certainly not. It’s a pain to have to recruit again due to the hassle, disruption and lack of certainty it will work out, but we could end up recruiting better. Who knows.

Hope so. I’m certainly more optimistic that we can get it right and that successful players leaving isn’t the be all and end all than I have been in a very long time.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 17, 2024, 07:48:50 pm by Ryaldinhio »

I agree, if I had to pick from the three I would take Moly 100%. Then Biggo, then Haks.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 17, 2024, 07:49:12 pm by Chris Black come back »

It doesn’t stop the process but it does slow it down - I’d imagine a lot of players at this level are now heading away on holiday for a few weeks. Agents can only do so much. There will be a window of realistic action probably at end of May and before pre-season starts, when the action happens. We are probably hanging around for a few weeks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012