Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:33:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Max Watters and Herbie Kane  (Read 2677 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Max Watters and Herbie Kane
« on May 17, 2024, 04:51:45 pm by graingrover »
Only one of these two has been offered a contract for next season at Barnsley .Get ready to be surprised Rovers’ fans !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Max Watters and Herbie Kane
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2024, 05:27:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think Kane fell out with them some months ago.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2024, 05:39:47 pm by Ldr »
Kane’s been know about a while now

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2024, 05:41:04 pm by Nudga »
Zero chance kane comes back. On way to Derby so I've seen.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2024, 06:19:54 pm by jmt23 »
Heavily linked with Derby, fans and media fell out with him.He was very strange in some interviews though, he would have been better saying this is boring me I’m off!
Not sure what happened between him and Barnsley, but not a great look for Herbie with how he conducted himself in that moment.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2024, 06:31:28 pm by GazLaz »
Heavily linked with Derby, fans and media fell out with him.He was very strange in some interviews though, he would have been better saying this is boring me I’m off!
Not sure what happened between him and Barnsley, but not a great look for Herbie with how he conducted himself in that moment.

And he’s going to get a big pay rise after it all…

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2024, 06:57:59 pm by tyke1962 »
Only one of these two has been offered a contract for next season at Barnsley .Get ready to be surprised Rovers’ fans !

Kane is out of contract and hasn't been offered a new deal .

Watters is already under contract so doesn't need to be offered a new deal .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2024, 07:00:04 pm by tyke1962 »

Very strange bloke full stop , good footballer but definitely a weird bloke .

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 17, 2024, 10:07:53 pm by GazLaz »

May have changed since he was with us but he didn’t live a footballers life, let’s say that much.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2024, 07:45:19 am by Monkcaster_Rover »

May have changed since he was with us but he didn’t live a footballers life, let’s say that much.

All over the females of Doncaster like a rash.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2024, 07:57:11 am by turnbull for england »
If he's been like that at Barnsley, he'll be the one with a rash

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2024, 05:47:32 pm by Drover »

There is many that come under that description for me, Eric Cantona first to spring to mind.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 18, 2024, 06:44:30 pm by Nudga »

There is many that come under that description for me, Eric Cantona first to spring to mind.

Justin Jackson, Micheal Mcindoe.

Jackson was lucky he didn't get a slap in town one night, Tim Ryan pulled him out of the shit and diffused the situation.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 20, 2024, 11:48:20 am by Mike_F »
Gabriel Tamas.

Actually did get a good clout in town one night which led to him playing with a mask on.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 20, 2024, 01:03:01 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Gabriel Tamas.

Actually did get a good clout in town one night which led to him playing with a mask on.

Didn't he pay a weekly fine in the Crown Hotel because he was smoking in his room.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 20, 2024, 02:33:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Gabriel Tamas.

Absolutely top quality player. Arguably one of the very best defenders we have had on the books for last 25 years.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 20, 2024, 02:41:16 pm by pib »
Gabriel Tamas.

Absolutely top quality player. Arguably one of the very best defenders we have had on the books for last 25 years.

...and our esteemed manager at the time played him out of position.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 20, 2024, 04:23:52 pm by silent majority »

My Barnsley friends tell me has was played out of position time after time, so much so that his heart wasn't in it.

A rash of yellow and red cards was evidence that he was being asked to do things he couldn't do.

Changing managers as often as you do doesn't help either, how many have you had in recent years?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 20, 2024, 06:22:18 pm by tyke1962 »

My Barnsley friends tell me has was played out of position time after time, so much so that his heart wasn't in it.

A rash of yellow and red cards was evidence that he was being asked to do things he couldn't do.

Changing managers as often as you do doesn't help either, how many have you had in recent years?

Well he had 12 yellow cards last season but no reds , 12 for a midfielder is a probably a little above average but if he was only picking up 3 or 4 I'd personally be questioning why that was in his position .

Don't think he's ever played out of position in the 3 years out of 4 he played for us , I don't exactly know where he played at Oxford when he spent the season on loan so I couldn't say on that .

Never got the impression his heart wasn't in it , it was his goal on the final day of the season that got us in the Play Offs but I never got the impression he really liked it here either even though he saw his contract out .

Some of his interviews were a bit weird during his time with us , extremely blunt and the one word answers stuff like he couldn't be bothered with it .

When he was subbed in the first leg play off semi final he left the field laughing which wasn't a great look seen as we were losing the game .

Just comes across as a funny kid altogether in my opinion , one of those you just don't know what your going get from one day to the next .

Thought he was a decent footballer for all that , always took care of the ball which many of our fans mistook for playing negative , if a forward pass was on he'd try to play it but he wouldn't give it away cheaply either .

We do change HC's on a regular basis but they don't all get the sack , we've had in the last four seasons 3 failed play off campaigns and a relegation .

Our successful HC's move on to bigger club's and those that we feel are failing get the sack , pretty ordinary really .

The one that is probably a bit iffy is Neil Collins I'll admit .

We don't know what the story is on that because nobody at the club has said , pretty much radio silence since he left the club .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012