Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:31:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who would you extend.....  (Read 1425 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
Who would you extend.....
« on May 17, 2024, 07:58:15 pm by Ryaldinhio »
right now out of the retained list....my choices

Olowu - this will split the room but I think this lad could be class with the right guidance. Out of contract next season I would extend now 1yr to 2026.

Bobby Faulkner - again potential, and split the room. I would have extended 2 or 3yr while low wages and see how he goes. Not massive cost, a proper defender this lad.

Owen Bailey - 2025 - extend now, 3yr deal to 2027. That's next season in L2, then hopefully L1 and if he doesn't make it at that level them 12m as squad player to move/release. BUT I think this lad can eat it all up, similar to Jordan Henderson for me, never more than a 8 but never less than a 7. Mr consistent, hard to find that and I think he can do that for us through every level

Kyle Hurst - 2025 - extend now 2-3yr. This kid will make something given the right guidance and a decent run in team.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Who would you extend.....
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2024, 08:01:18 pm by Dutch Uncle »
I think Bailey is a no brainer. The others maybe, but possibly wait until a couple of months into the season?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2024, 08:04:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
I really don’t know what to make of Faulkner. He’s probably got four lads in front of him, and he hasn’t played much senior football at all in his career. Going to be tough for him to break through this season. He needs games.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2024, 08:22:45 pm by Ryaldinhio »
I really don’t know what to make of Faulkner. He’s probably got four lads in front of him, and he hasn’t played much senior football at all in his career. Going to be tough for him to break through this season. He needs games.

I agree he needs games. I love his 100% commitment and heart, Im maybe a bit keen because he is a local lad but loved what I have seen of him.

Everything is about being a footballer nowadays but he reminds me of John Terry, just a defender out and out, let the others play the football.

Not sure many could beat him for commitments and heart. Clearly a professional aswell given he won all the fitness tests at the beginning of last season upon return.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2024, 08:38:19 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Didn't Faulkner get invited to train with Everton season before this?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2024, 08:40:55 pm by LincsRover »
Bailey and Hurst, now! I’m sure GM knows better than any of us and will get it done asap.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2024, 09:28:26 pm by GazLaz »
Faulkner needs to stay fit and get games. A year at Scunny wouldn’t hurt.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2024, 09:41:38 pm by ravenrover »
Is Selby on holiday or lost his internet connection?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 17, 2024, 09:42:38 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Feel like it would have been an easier decision on him if we went up. Unless he’s in serious contention to start every game he needs a good loan to play 90 every week at this stage surely. No good sitting on the bench hoping for lots of injuries to get a chance

On Olowu if he can’t get in the team ahead of a 40 year old Wood and Anderson, as good as they were towards the end of the season, then he’s not worth a extension if we want to be a L1 club

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 17, 2024, 09:43:18 pm by mushRTID »
Faulkner needs to stay fit and get games. A year at Scunny wouldn’t hurt.

Boston might be a good move after their promotion.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2024, 08:45:22 am by drfcsteve »
Hard for any of us fans to form an opinion on Faulkner given we haven’t seen him play competitive games for about a year.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2024, 09:14:00 am by Chris Black come back »
He played 10 minutes of league football this season, and 1255 minutes the season before.

Both McSheffrey and Schofield used him a decent amount, less so McCann. His injury this season clearly hasn't helped.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 12:52:47 pm by Chris Black come back »

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 18, 2024, 12:07:50 pm by Plumbster »
For me Hurst has only proven effective if he comes on in the last 15 mins and we are prepared to risk a lack of cover for the full back- he has got to show next season that he can make a bigger contribution before I would be rushing to extend. Agree on Bailey and Olowu, when Joseph shows composure, and is confident enough to bring the ball forward, he looks easily L1 for me, but he can be panicky and he has got to grow out of that at some point. As for Bobby tbh I still don’t know if he is any where near top of L2 standard because he hasn’t had the chance to play in a decent team yet.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 19, 2024, 10:03:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Bailey and Maxwell. Yes, I know Maxwell has already committed, but they’re the only 2, currently.
Olowu is a maybe, but after that I’m struggling. Hurst needs to show a bit more physicality for me, going forward. He seems to be a bit part player at the moment.
If we get Haks, Moly & Biggins to sign new contracts, I’ll feel a bit easier.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2024, 10:25:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
If all three did re-sign by some miracle, we need a keeper, right back cover, central midfielder and a wide right option. Some of these could be loans.

Hickleton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 20, 2024, 11:08:39 am by Hickleton Rover »
Olowu for me a definite, covers the ground well good header of the ball, just slightly prone to the odd error that has cost us in the past, but with a good keeper behind him should be less costly, worth keeping him imo I agree with the other players mentioned, with a good pre season behind them we should be ok

TinyPortal © 2005-2012