Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:27:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Starmer to be opposed in GE  (Read 951 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Starmer to be opposed in GE
« on May 21, 2024, 06:31:54 pm by albie »
Former South African politician Andrew Feinstein has announced he will stand against Keith in Holborn;
https://youtu.be/xiGH5KwjwZ0

This is not part of Galloway's party, Feinstein is Independent.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Re: Starmer to be opposed in GE
« Reply #1 on May 21, 2024, 07:21:33 pm by Not Now Kato »
And?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 21, 2024, 08:09:26 pm by ncRover »
Yeah I bet Starmer’s quaking in his boots…

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 21, 2024, 09:29:58 pm by jonrover »
Yeah I bet Starmer’s quaking in his boots…
Considering St Pancras and Holborn CLP have employed an organiser to work solely in the constituency fixed term up until the election, I'd say they aren't exactly brimming with confidence. There's also a sizable Muslim population in his constituency a good chunk who would have been nailed on Labour voters who will vote for Feinstein. I certainly won't be calling this one a dead cert.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 22, 2024, 12:29:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Anyone who, like Feinstein, doesn't seem that the biggest issue in world politics is the fascist dictators in Russia and China doesn't really deserve to be taken seriously.

He's yet another of the Left's stooges for Putin.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 22, 2024, 03:10:25 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Anyone who, like Feinstein, doesn't seem that the biggest issue in world politics is the fascist dictators in Russia and China doesn't really deserve to be taken seriously.

Whereas Starmer is a man of the people? And Biden v Trump isn't the dark side of fascist control?

Feinstein is by far the better man and candidate. Labour without Starmer would be a marginally better prospect too. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 22, 2024, 02:16:50 pm by albie »

BST,

Do you have any evidence to support these claims?
If not, and you have just made it up again, should you not retract and edit the post?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 22, 2024, 03:41:00 pm by danumdon »
Hardley likely to happen but could you imagine the internal bunfight if this happened.

Would be very interesting to see who would put themselves forward for the leadership role. I'm struggling to think who in the party has the political stature and competence to even consider themselves worthy.

Would it be a surprise if they tried to persuade Burnham to run(if they could shoehorn him into a seat) but then he was a previous poor looser to Corbyn the last time he tried, along with another Labour "big beast" Cooper.

Very difficult to envisage a leader from the remaining party, could anyone see someone like Reeves putting themselves forward? how low have we sunk!

Just for balance, the same applies to the other lot, When Sunak leads them to edge of oblivion who do they have to step into his size6's

Yes we really have a great deal to look forward to.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 22, 2024, 03:52:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BST,

Do you have any evidence to support these claims?
If not, and you have just made it up again, should you not retract and edit the post?

Watch his video. You posted it.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 22, 2024, 05:02:08 pm by albie »
There is nothing in the video, or elsewhere, to suggest Feinstein is an apologist for Putin.
Put up your evidence.

Feinstein is a lifelong anti-racist, whereas Keith is by his own admission a Zionist without qualification.
Not a difficult choice, is it?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 22, 2024, 05:06:15 pm by ChrisBx »
Starmer will be Prime Minister, meaning his constituency will see an increased number of candidates in each election he stands as PM. What the loons ignore that is that these additional candidates just take votes off each other.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 22, 2024, 05:31:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There is nothing in the video, or elsewhere, to suggest Feinstein is an apologist for Putin.
Put up your evidence.

Feinstein is a lifelong anti-racist, whereas Keith is by his own admission a Zionist without qualification.
Not a difficult choice, is it?

He goes all in on Gaza and doesn't mention Ukraine.

He's on the Steering Committee of Stop the War. Whose Ukraine policy is to demand a ceasefire and ask the Russians to please, please PRETTY PLEASE, go home.

Stop the War is rammed full of Putin stooges. Some know they are, some are too puddle headed to realise it. I've no idea which Feinstein is, but he's one or the other.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 22, 2024, 05:57:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Well, the scrutiny of Keith is not far away now, especially on here.

I honestly hope he makes a success of it, because that would be good for the country.

I can't see it though, not in a million years.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 22, 2024, 06:01:18 pm by SydneyRover »

I honestly hope he makes a success of it, because that would be good for the country.

This is what the risky tories are saying from Andrew Sparrow BBC (I've heard it recently on here too)

''On Labour, he said Keir Starmer could not be trusted, and that Labour does not have a plan. But Labour does have a plan, as the Tories admitted last week when they published a 20-page document costing it. And all the polling evidence suggests that people aren’t scared of Starmer, and that they trust him more than Sunak.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/may/22/uk-general-election-july-2024-sunak-starmer-senior-sources-say-uk-politics-live-news?page=with:block-664e1c468f0859c6d0840fb3#block-664e1c468f0859c6d0840fb3

How stupid can you get???

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 22, 2024, 06:13:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'll be amazed if he keeps his deposit.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 23, 2024, 07:52:21 am by roverstillidie91 »

He lies, lies and lies. What about his 10 pledges?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 23, 2024, 09:52:11 am by danumdon »

As Steve says we really need him to make a full success of it because its far too important to the country regardless of anyone's political associations.

We needed the Tories to step up to the plate and they managed to turn opportunities into torrid infighting, greed and personal aggrandisement, to the detriment of the nation.

Labour and Starmer in particular need to hit the ground running, his 10 pledges along with his policies and intentions need to be steadfast, honest and fair to all.

Im looking forward to all the parties canvassers knocking on my door(they all tend to bother us at election time where i live) It will be a very interesting conversation with some.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 23, 2024, 09:56:28 am by roverstillidie91 »

As Steve says we really need him to make a full success of it because its far too important to the country regardless of anyone's political associations.

We needed the Tories to step up to the plate and they managed to turn opportunities into torrid infighting, greed and personal aggrandisement, to the detriment of the nation.

Labour and Starmer in particular need to hit the ground running, his 10 pledges along with his policies and intentions need to be steadfast, honest and fair to all.

Im looking forward to all the parties canvassers knocking on my door(they all tend to bother us at election time where i live) It will be a very interesting conversation with some.
He has scrapped the 10 pledges. Even disappeared off the Labour website.

He doesn't appeal to the working class and especially people who are in trade unions and are Pro EU. The gaza situation.

Need to start being honest about these so called 'freeports' as well. For anyone who doesn't know what they are type it in on Twitter.

The way that the MSM and donors have sucked up to him should worry us all.

I believe he will be PM but the majority won't be as resounding as people think.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 23, 2024, 09:58:52 am by IDM »
Might not be perfect, in fact far from it.  But can’t be any worse than the shower of resigning pms we have had since 2019!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 23, 2024, 08:43:13 pm by drfchound »

I had a Labour canvasser knock on my door yesterday evening.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012