Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:49:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: LM  (Read 13061 times)

thumper

• Forum Member
Re: LM
« Reply #30 on May 23, 2024, 07:52:51 am by thumper »
Pete O'Rourke journalist is reporting on twitter this morning that we've convinced him to stay.

Doncaster Rovers have seen off competition from MK Dons and Gillingham to convince  Luke Molyenux to sign a new deal at the club. #drfc #mkdons #gills

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 23, 2024, 07:54:45 am by ncRover »
If Molyneux doesn't sign a new contract I'll be disappointed, however he's replaceable. I'd be more disappointed if we can't sign Adelakun, he's just got that X factor for me where he can make things happen and the front 3 as a whole improved & benefited from him being in the side from January.

Other way round for me. Molyneux better of the two but we do need someone with similar qualities to Adelakun.

I can see both your opinions,Although I feel Mols will be easier to replace,Haks beats him man more consistantly and links midfield to the danger area more often for us,my only concern is whether Haks will still play his best has consistantly once he has sorted a long term contract out  for himself wherever he ends up.

I think Molyneux’s robustness, work rate and left-footedness make him harder to replace.

It now looks like we don’t need to. O’Rourke usually gets it right.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 23, 2024, 08:02:30 am by Silkscarf »
MK Dons and Gills? Really? If they’re the competition he should sign.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 23, 2024, 08:04:46 am by philsky »

Hoping this is true.

My Moly shirt has also agreed to stay.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 23, 2024, 08:22:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Pete O'Rourke journalist is reporting on twitter this morning that we've convinced him to stay.

Doncaster Rovers have seen off competition from MK Dons and Gillingham to convince  Luke Molyenux to sign a new deal at the club. #drfc #mkdons #gills

Crikey, being threatened with those two is like a prison sentence. Moly can do better than that and if true, I would sack his agent!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 23, 2024, 09:09:14 am by DonnyOsmond »
Announcement photo in front of The Sal incoming.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 23, 2024, 09:25:42 am by keyser_soze »
Thats great news if it comes to pass. We need to be hanging on to players of his quality to make as serious push and the squad immediately looks stronger with him back in it.

He was the one I would have picked out of the 'pondering three'

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 23, 2024, 10:05:08 am by IDM »

That’s now reported in the DFP.  Am I alone in thinking this speculation should be kept out of the media until the deal is done?  Premature reporting could throw a spanner in the works, or alert other clubs??

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 23, 2024, 10:21:27 am by GazLaz »
Where are all the L1 and Champ clubs that were after him?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 23, 2024, 10:24:43 am by IDM »
Where are all the L1 and Champ clubs that were after him?

Possibly keeping their powder dry - see my above - if they see he’s only got offers from L2 clubs then they may be able to offer less than they would have had to?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 23, 2024, 10:28:23 am by TonySoprano »

That’s now reported in the DFP.  Am I alone in thinking this speculation should be kept out of the media until the deal is done?  Premature reporting could throw a spanner in the works, or alert other clubs??
Clubs and agents aren't looking at Donny free press to find out the availability of players  :lol: :lol:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 23, 2024, 10:42:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

DFP haven't reported anything, only joined in the speculation by repeating what O'Rourke said.

Genuine talks between clubs, players and agents are rarely played out in the media. Most signings come out of the blue so the same would apply with Moly if he were to be announced at another club. I doubt the links to MK and Gills were genuine. 

Swifty62

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 23, 2024, 10:46:34 am by Swifty62 »
Offical signed for two years

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 23, 2024, 10:49:51 am by dickos1 »
Offical signed for two years

Officially where?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 23, 2024, 10:53:17 am by TonySoprano »
Not there now

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 23, 2024, 11:05:19 am by DonnyOsmond »
Someone jokingly retweeted his initial signing tweet.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 23, 2024, 11:13:45 am by IDM »

DFP haven't reported anything, only joined in the speculation by repeating what O'Rourke said.

Genuine talks between clubs, players and agents are rarely played out in the media. Most signings come out of the blue so the same would apply with Moly if he were to be announced at another club. I doubt the links to MK and Gills were genuine. 

That’s what I meant, the DFP reporting the tweet..

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 23, 2024, 11:23:16 am by Daniel_Smith »
Real intent shown by the club if we've convinced him to stay.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 23, 2024, 11:23:42 am by TonySoprano »
Someone jokingly retweeted his initial signing tweet.
Unbelievable  :chair:

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 23, 2024, 11:24:30 am by glosterred »
People have counted the chickens before on here, and recently, I will believe it when I see it. But I do hope it does turn out correct

COYR

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 23, 2024, 11:28:50 am by IDM »
Real intent shown by the club if we've convinced him to stay.

Real intent is trying to convince him to stay.

Actually happening is another matter.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 23, 2024, 01:16:30 pm by RoversInSpain »
Hope we sign him, to me the reason Championship and top end League 1 sides appear not to be in for him is that for the majority of the last 2 years he’s been average (with signs of potential) and with a poor scoring record.
Had he played like he has in the last 2/3 months over a 2 year period he’d be gone to one of the above.
So what’s his huge improvement down to?
Suddenly clicked/ playing in right position/playing in a better side/coached and managed properly… or his contract was up?

If he plays like he has recently and we have him contracted to us then he’ll be leaving on a nice fee, to a club much higher than league 2.
so I really do hope we sign him and he then continues playing like the real Luke Molyneux

= Win Win

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 23, 2024, 01:37:50 pm by andyst79 »
Hope we sign him, to me the reason Championship and top end League 1 sides appear not to be in for him is that for the majority of the last 2 years he’s been average (with signs of potential) and with a poor scoring record.
Had he played like he has in the last 2/3 months over a 2 year period he’d be gone to one of the above.
Suddenly clicked/ playing in right position/playing in a better side/coached and managed properly… or his contract was up?

If he plays like he has recently and we have him contracted to us then he’ll be leaving on a nice fee, to a club much higher than league 2.
so I really do hope we sign him and he then continues playing like the real Luke Molyneux

= Win Win
Thought he reverted to type in the 2nd leg against Crewe , the full back had him in his pocket 1st half, he grew into the game 2nd half & got in some dangerous positions but his decision making was awful.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 23, 2024, 01:59:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
Clubs showing interest and offering something are miles apart!

Form-wise, LM certainly improved after Adelakun joined in January. When Hans’ form dipped in the last 2/3 games, so did a few others; which leads me to believe HA is the catalyst to Grant’s system going really well.

Ideally, we need both to sign.

Biggins we most definitely missed in the Crewe home game, as the penny was dropping with where and how to play him. Now we have competition for his slot, but it would be nice if he signed too.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 23, 2024, 02:17:26 pm by dickos1 »

= Win Win
Thought he reverted to type in the 2nd leg against Crewe , the full back had him in his pocket 1st half, he grew into the game 2nd half & got in some dangerous positions but his decision making was awful.

Bit harsh
He hit the post, and also created an excellent chance for himself but scuffed the shot.
He was our best player that night I thought

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 23, 2024, 02:20:49 pm by andyst79 »
Clubs showing interest and offering something are miles apart!

Form-wise, LM certainly improved after Adelakun joined in January. When Hans’ form dipped in the last 2/3 games, so did a few others; which leads me to believe HA is the catalyst to Grant’s system going really well.

Ideally, we need both to sign.

Biggins we most definitely missed in the Crewe home game, as the penny was dropping with where and how to play him. Now we have competition for his slot, but it would be nice if he signed too.
Agree with this, Haks & Molly didn't get going 1st half which made us look really static & one dimensional playing up to Ironside, this is where Biggins comes into his own picking up pockets of space and running past Ironside

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 23, 2024, 02:23:14 pm by andyst79 »

= Win Win

Bit harsh
He hit the post, and also created an excellent chance for himself but scuffed the shot.
Maybe is a bit harsh but there was at least 2 times or more where he'd cut inside and had the chance to pull the trigger and was caught in 2 minds whether to pass or shoot

Josh Horsman

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 23, 2024, 02:51:12 pm by Josh Horsman »

Yeah, just hope it’s not agents trying to get a Better offer from Wycombe/Dons.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 23, 2024, 03:11:09 pm by Canadian Rover »

= Win Win

Bit harsh

Also should have got a penalty for us, terrible refereeing.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 23, 2024, 05:11:57 pm by Bessie Red »

O Rourke is a very respected journo & is generally pretty accurate with his tweets!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012