Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:09:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble after the game today . .  (Read 71016 times)

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
Re:Trouble after the game today . .
« Reply #120 on August 23, 2009, 05:33:22 pm by BarryEvans »
Alan Southstand wrote:
Well, for my part, I got wrapped up in the activities outside the ground, through no fault of my own - I was simply trying to get on my bus. There were some right 'heavies' from Boro, just smacking anyone who got within arm swinging range, including a guy carrying his 8 year old son away from the danger area. Anyone got it - no prisoners. If this is what's called 'policing' at football matches, then I'm glad I don't work for the police. It was difficult to know whether you were safer on the bus, or off it - I took the 'off it' route, as did most of our bus.

We're not talking about bits of kids here either - most of them ran a mile when they could see what they were up against. The Boro heavies were guys in their late 20's up to (I would have to guess) late 40's. And they were big lads/men and all spoiling for a right set-to. I'd guess most of them were high on something as they were all wide eyed and pumped up.

It must have taken a good 15-20 minutes for any police to arrive and when they did (on horseback) they scattered the Boro fans all over the place. It was then all over. The stewards stood back and watched, in the main - big hard men that they were! It seemed to kick off outside because the Boro 'fans' were smacking anyone who tried to get on the first bus in the line of busses outside (ours was 2nd in line fortunately). It was utter chaos (as these things usually are) and I have to say, although the stewards tried to keep the different factions apart, they were as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Not good and there ought to be serious repurcussions on Middlesborough for this. Little or no protection for innocent fans - other then to take the option of keeping well away - is not really on. From what I saw, the Doncaster fans retaliated, rather than started anything - some lads taking to holding a metal barrier in place so that people could get on their bus without being assaulted.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on August 23, 2009, 06:03:48 pm by BarryEvans »
graingrover wrote:
The beautiful side of the last 10 years has been our trips to the Conference grounds where you could enjoy the day . If this is what it is going to be now I am out! I think that rather than just state an apology for lack of editorial control Steve Uttley and the club should make a substantail gesture to a Middlesboro choosen charity .It is unthinkable to allow an official FC site to publish such inflammatory stuff. Sure the hooligans have no excuses to behave badly but if we  give them one then we are as stupid as they are criminal.
 Football clubs have a responsibility in society whether they care to accept it or not.

So it never kicked off once in the Conference then?

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on August 23, 2009, 06:08:45 pm by BarryEvans »
bobjimwilly wrote:
redbrez wrote:
wouldn't blame anyone for the trouble apart from outside where was the police? and for fans saying the rovers fans causing the trouble are faces that they have never seen before is crap i don't make many away games but i recognised most of the faces and just because they had no shirts on don't make them any worse a fan than them with shirts on ,these same fans i saw at the wolves game and caused no bother.those fans at the front holding back the boro or even fighting with the boro may get a bad name but what if they weren't holding back the boro fans and they came running into the middle of the rovers lot with kids and the elderly.i don't condone football violence but i wont slag of our own fans i think in a sick way iam glad these ddr boys were their it could of been worse if they weren't their but just imo. what made me laugh was the amount of fans just standing back and watching me included for a while,and most around my age thinking not getting involved but if they come over to where we are it will be a case of lets get ready to rumble..
i was with my lad who is nine and i thought this might put him off but he enjoyed it in a sick way and thought it was cool when the police horses dispersed the boro fans.

Good bit of parenting that. How did you know he thought it was cool? Did you say \"look son, look at the horses running over the boro fans, int that cool?\". \"Yes dad, that's so cooool!\". \"You're right son, it is cool.\"
I think all kids in Donny should be brought up this way!...  :blink:

I am pretty sure most kids found it cool, the kid that took that video obviosuly did regardless of what the older people were saying in the background. Things like that are going to excite kids when they are far enough away from the immediate danger.

Your judgement of Redbrez as glorifying the situation to his son is pure fcuking ignorance.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 23, 2009, 06:38:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's quite alarming that some people are justifying what went on yesterday as 'acceptable'. I was in the area of the ground close to the away fans, and what started as 'banter' was escalated due to a group on our side of the fence.

I may have different values but to me, this sort of behaviour is not acceptable and is not welcome by the majority of Rovers fans.

If some if these 30, 50 and 50 something 'men' want to turn the clock back, then I suggest they go to Elland Road where their behaviour will not look out of place.

Doncaster Rovers have moved on. What was a good day (apart from the result) was ruined by these individuals who claim to be Rovers fans ??

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on August 23, 2009, 07:15:30 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
It's quite alarming that some people are justifying what went on yesterday as 'acceptable'. I was in the area of the ground close to the away fans, and what started as 'banter' was escalated due to a group on our side of the fence.

I may have different values but to me, this sort of behaviour is not acceptable and is not welcome by the majority of Rovers fans.

If some if these 30, 50 and 50 something 'men' want to turn the clock back, then I suggest they go to Elland Road where their behaviour will not look out of place.

Doncaster Rovers have moved on. What was a good day (apart from the result) was ruined by these individuals who claim to be Rovers fans ??

I agree. People should be having more of a go at these idiots, who should know better. At least with Mr Croft and co you can put it down to them being silly little kids giving it the big I am. Not that this should let them of the hook.
What got my back up was when these older blokes tried to get other Rovers fans to join them in charging Boro fans while in the ground. Shurely they could have been evicted for inciting the crowd?

I think we should now put this to bed and not give these fools the satisfaction of writing any more about them!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on August 23, 2009, 07:49:35 pm by not on facebook »
i bet my last dollar that pc's patterson,brookshaw,evans and baker are all kicking
them sens to death at not been present at boro v donny game.

from reading through the lines looks like fans/lads or misters from both sides
took full addvantage of 'no police presence'

if there had been bobbys dotted here and there nowt would have gone off.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on August 23, 2009, 08:07:37 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

100% agreed - it is not acceptable behaviour.

For any kids to find it cool is extremely ditrubing, kids love cool things and love to do cool things, if they are of the opinion fighting and abuse at football matches is cool, then there are serious concerns there.

Parents of these kids who find people kicking seven bells out of each other cool, should be doing everything in their power to explain xactly why it isnt 'cool', and why it is infact deplorable and shows nothing bu the individuals concerned to be neanderthals of the highest degree.

I know one thing, my kids would not find fighting 'cool' or 'acceptable', they are being brought up with better values than that.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on August 23, 2009, 08:13:49 pm by duggiesmyhero »
oslorovers, baker was there actually, it was boro's no police policy that led to the lack of police presence in and around the ground.As for those fighting outside it was in retaliation to being provoked. One who took his son with him and not looking for trouble was smacked while his son was on his shoulders,i sugest some people get off their high horse and try gather the facts before they call people idiots,thugs,etc.I presume some of you with the high morals weren't around in the 70/80's/ Oh the good old days.By the way im 41yrs old and i was a hooligan back then, so go on slag me off i dont give a toss what you say.

Master Katesby

« Reply #128 on August 23, 2009, 08:15:08 pm by Master Katesby »
Doctor Browns before KO was, erm, loud. Then a bunch of Boro decided to walk right in the middle of the 'mob' only to be confronted by chants of \"D D DDR\", at which point it all got abit messy. If the Boro fans piped down and didn't decide to walk right into the middle nothing would have happened. Police were very harsh, taking the majority back to the train station, despite the fact it was provoked by the Boro fans invading.

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on August 23, 2009, 08:15:52 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
duggiesmyhero wrote:
oslorovers, baker was there actually, it was boro's no police policy that led to the lack of police presence in and around the ground.As for those fighting outside it was in retaliation to being provoked. One who took his son with him and not looking for trouble was smacked while his son was on his shoulders,i sugest some people get off their high horse and try gather the facts before they call people idiots,thugs,etc.I presume some of you with the high morals weren't around in the 70/80's/ Oh the good old days.By the way im 41yrs old and i was a hooligan back then, so go on slag me off i dont give a toss what you say.

The sad thing is you sound so proud of it.

Master Katesby

« Reply #130 on August 23, 2009, 08:17:54 pm by Master Katesby »
Oh and by the way. People need to chill out. These lads on the coaches etc are real fans, and attended the match, and have done since the dark days. For people who write on here to say that they aren't true supporters is pathetic, paticularly when they didn't actually go to the game.

arsenal of the north as if

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on August 23, 2009, 08:21:35 pm by arsenal of the north as if »
if they think that was trouble hope you have not got tickets for the spurs game because if there is trouble with spurs them lads dont back down to no one.

Master Katesby

« Reply #132 on August 23, 2009, 08:23:01 pm by Master Katesby »
Erm, yeah. I didn't mention the fact that coins/bottles and punches etc were thrown by both sets of fans. Messy.

scarbrook

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on August 23, 2009, 08:24:05 pm by scarbrook »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

For any kids to find it cool is extremely ditrubing, kids love cool things and love to do cool things, if they are of the opinion fighting and abuse at football matches is cool, then there are serious concerns there.

Parents of these kids who find people kicking seven bells out of each other cool, should be doing everything in their power to explain xactly why it isnt 'cool', and why it is infact deplorable and shows nothing bu the individuals concerned to be neanderthals of the highest degree.

I know one thing, my kids would not find fighting 'cool' or 'acceptable', they are being brought up with better values than that.

I wish i was a perfect dad like you!wish my kids did'nt watch wrestling or films with a bit of action or ben f**king 10!
But then i dont wrap them up in cotton wool and let them experiance things for themselves,aka let them live.
You cant tell me as a kid you never saw fight scenes in films etc and thought cool,its just what kids do like it or not.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on August 23, 2009, 08:28:26 pm by not on facebook »
'dugiesmyhero'.....i have no problems whatsoever with your view on this topic
think you must be getting wrong end of the stick, as my post was far from saying
owt of the sort.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on August 23, 2009, 08:38:30 pm by The Duke »
Ayup Oslo it's eric.

Can you PM me your moby number pal lost it for the stag do.

I imagine half the idiots mouthing of on here about there was no trouble in the confrence days never went then.

I'll say no more.

Up the donny.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on August 23, 2009, 08:47:51 pm by not on facebook »
hello 'eric' pm you me number fella....

since i dont have much contact with the younger element
i hope you can put them ITK about the piss up round town

Carling Rover

« Reply #137 on August 23, 2009, 08:48:47 pm by Carling Rover »
If folks want to scrap, let them. Its better to arrange a meeting point tho, so that innocent by standers don't get caught up in it, especially when missiles are being thrown.

I did say to someone at half time that I bet the Boro fans expect their usual policing out side, but with budget cost now their in the CCC they will be shocked when they walked outside.

They were expecting to come outside to a segregation of cops. It was suicidal, it could ve turned out a lot worse yesterday.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on August 23, 2009, 08:52:15 pm by The Duke »
oslorovers wrote:
hello 'eric' pm you me number fella....

since i dont have much contact with the younger element
i hope you can put them ITK about the p*ss up round town

Got it tar pal.

All younger lot know pal and will be out.

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on August 23, 2009, 08:56:47 pm by BarryEvans »
The Duke wrote:
Ayup Oslo it's eric.

I imagine half the idiots mouthing of on here about there was no trouble in the confrence days never went then.

I'll say no more.

Up the donny.

You told me you weren't on here.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on August 23, 2009, 09:06:46 pm by The Duke »
BarryEvans wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Ayup Oslo it's eric.

I'll say no more.

Up the donny.

I said id join. I put a post in unrelated saying i was your dad Royston a few days back.

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on August 23, 2009, 09:14:07 pm by BarryEvans »
The Duke wrote:
BarryEvans wrote:
The Duke wrote:
Ayup Oslo it's eric.

I'll say no more.

Up the donny.

I said id join. I put a post in unrelated saying i was your dad Royston a few days back.

Doesn't surprise me.

Sea Sea Seasiders.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on August 23, 2009, 09:27:35 pm by redbrez »
cheers barryevans and scarbrook,hit a nerve with me this one but then i thought dont have to justify how i bring up my kid/my lad has manners respectfull and just a nice kid and i have no problems with him saying it was cool yesterday,i am just glad it hasnt put him of football.people can bring their kids up how they want but when i look at my lad iam proud as fcuk and we wont wrap him up in cotton wool cos their is a sh*t evil world out their and he also has to understand that bit of life too but thats just my opinion so get of your high horses bigwilly or whatever your name was and the thinwhiteduke...

Carling Rover

« Reply #143 on August 23, 2009, 09:35:49 pm by Carling Rover »
redbrez wrote:
cheers barryevans and scarbrook,hit a nerve with me this one but then i thought dont have to justify how i bring up my kid/my lad has manners respectfull and just a nice kid and i have no problems with him saying it was cool yesterday,i am just glad it hasnt put him of football.people can bring their kids up how they want but when i look at my lad iam proud as fcuk and we wont wrap him up in cotton wool cos their is a sh*t evil world out their and he also has to understand that bit of life too but thats just my opinion so get of your high horses bigwilly or whatever your name was and the thinwhiteduke...

Shouldn't this be on a fooking parenting forum?

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on August 23, 2009, 09:41:12 pm by BarryEvans »
scarbrook wrote:
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:

I wish i was a perfect dad like you!wish my kids did'nt watch wrestling or films with a bit of action or ben fcuking 10!
But then i dont wrap them up in cotton wool and let them experiance things for themselves,aka let them live.
You cant tell me as a kid you never saw fight scenes in films etc and thought cool,its just what kids do like it or not.

I wanted to be Bruce Lee as an impressionable young child, must be down to bad parenting :D

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on August 23, 2009, 09:42:32 pm by redbrez »
not getting drawn carling,doing some detective work you let something slip today?

scarbrook

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on August 23, 2009, 09:47:07 pm by scarbrook »
Bet it wasnt his beer!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on August 23, 2009, 09:47:52 pm by bobjimwilly »
Keep on topic lads or start your own topic, trying to keep this forum neat and tidy  B)

Carling Rover

« Reply #148 on August 23, 2009, 09:49:05 pm by Carling Rover »
redbrez wrote:
not getting drawn carling,doing some detective work you let something slip today?

My cock slipped out the zip, that's about it. And I keep my real ID away for your own protection. One day I will send a sign and give some f**k a surprise.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on August 23, 2009, 09:54:04 pm by redbrez »
a appology wouldnt go a miss mr bobjimwilly..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012