Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:24:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble after the game today . .  (Read 71044 times)

arsenal of the north as if

• Forum Member
Re:Trouble after the game today . .
« Reply #150 on August 23, 2009, 09:57:36 pm by arsenal of the north as if »
Carling whats it like being the man/woman of mystery of the drfc-vcs form.People are pulling there hair out trying to put a true name to you.They even think your a lad called puppy good if you are from your prison cell.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Carling Rover

« Reply #151 on August 23, 2009, 10:05:28 pm by Carling Rover »
arsenal of the north as if wrote:
Carling whats it like being the man/woman of mystery of the drfc-vcs form.People are pulling there hair out trying to put a true name to you.They even think your a lad called puppy good if you are from your prison cell.

I'm an ok bloke, was a prick on here as I thought fire with fire. Now I have impulses of making the key board warriors suffer, but I take control of the situation and take a deep breath as its obvious its little boy and old men acting hard here.

MattyDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on August 24, 2009, 11:40:44 am by MattyDRFC »
One thing gets me bout Hooligans.Why do they arrange fights over internets or over phone? It seems strange to me

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on August 24, 2009, 11:52:42 am by The Duke »
MattyDRFC wrote:
One thing gets me bout Hooligans.Why do they arrange fights over internets or over phone? It seems strange to me

You really are a toilet aint you.

How else would it be arranged by royal mail and post man pat and his big fat catx, or the tried and tested method of a piece of string and two plastic cups at either end.

I prefer the latter as i hear posty man pat is a police informer.

Whats your thoughts ?

Master Katesby

« Reply #154 on August 24, 2009, 12:33:28 pm by Master Katesby »
Matty, don't get involved. We wouldn't want you getting too scared again anyway. Oh dear.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on August 24, 2009, 12:50:55 pm by Retdon1 »
This is the biggest over reaction ever. I saw everything that happened yesterday and it was no worse than the trouble at mansfield a few years ago and nothing really got mentioned about that its just cause its a big club away. Also i was in the pub doc browns before game and i would say thats the best pre match atmosphere ive seen for ages and set up what was apart from the result a very enjoyable away trip.

alisonoconnor

• Forum Member
« Reply #156 on August 24, 2009, 02:08:14 pm by alisonoconnor »
My slow response is due to internet failure over the weekend, I would have thought from the way the fans were sat it would have made more sense to move the Donny fans to the side of the stadium that had enpty seats and easier for segregation due to the high wall.The stewards did not respond quick enough to the trouble and having no police is stupid, especially as the Boro fans sit in the same place every week surely it wasn't just our fans that have problems with those young people in that corner.Its put me off taking my family to away games again, its not something I want my kids to witness thanks.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on August 24, 2009, 02:19:15 pm by Mike_F »
Ali, whilst I understand your concerns it is worth noting how many times you've been to matches home and away without even a hint of trouble. Of course that doesn't make it any less intimidating for the kids when something does go off but it would be a shame for them to lose out on so many positive matchday experiences due to the actions of a few thugs in one isolated incident. The fact that this incident has warranted a full 6 pages on the forum highlihgts just how extraordinary it is in the context of the modern game. I know how much you and the family enjoy your football and I hope that we don't lose you from the wider family that is DRFC.

ian1973

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on August 24, 2009, 02:19:23 pm by ian1973 »
We were stood at the top of the stand at the end next to the boro fans and to be honest most of those giving it verbals all game from their end were all kids.Dont think it was many of them who were involved outside.Think the boro stewards must not regard them as a threat to any away fans as that little bit of netting certainly would not keep two sets of fans intent on trouble apart.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on August 24, 2009, 02:38:40 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Retdon1 wrote:
This is the biggest over reaction ever. I saw everything that happened yesterday and it was no worse than the trouble at mansfield a few years ago and nothing really got mentioned about that its just cause its a big club away. Also i was in the pub doc browns before game and i would say thats the best pre match atmosphere ive seen for ages and set up what was apart from the result a very enjoyable away trip.

It is.

Mansfield in FA cup as I remember it kicked off quite bad. There was fighting on top and underneath the bridge, I had 2 police horses cain it past me and I think someone got half a brick or a big rock through their windscreen.

You couldn't anticipate it was going to kick off and it was just a spur of the moment thing, its happened - END OF. (This goes for the M'boro game).

Mr Croft

« Reply #160 on August 24, 2009, 02:43:35 pm by Mr Croft »
After reading the last 4 pages of this topic, some people have wrote that me n my freinds should not be let off the hook for giving it the \"BIG I AM\"

how on earth did we give that impression, we sat where there was seats, and banter was sung at us and oen of my mates responded in a mannor that is \"provactive\" according to some on here, but seriously, most who go to away games and sing and may give the odd hand gesture to away fans will have done more than open up there suit jacket to reveal the rovers badge on his tie, and not have 3 stewards jump on you,

now if you was with a kid who did this and saw all those stewards jump on him, how would you react? some will probably react in the way my brother did, trying to get the stewards off him, okay his actiona were unecessary in trying to push one of the stewards down the stairs, but when i went to the scene, as they forced him down the set of stairs underground by his neck, he had to be sick to prove to the stewards he had enough punishment.

The stewards must have thought they we're big men bullying a little kid, assualting him, and using the tie on his neck to there advantage to choke him, and one steward present who we met on the outside of the ground admitted that he had said when the first stewards approached him that he would follow the stewwards outside, but rather than listening to them they use there force.

anyways back to the point that the stewards thought they we're big and in control kicking a kid out. But when the real men started scrapping outside the ground how big did the stewards feel then? a no nonsense policy inside the ground, but \"kick the f**k outta each other\" one on the outside? and you still come one here and a lot of you say he deserved it, it would be the same as pointing to the rovers badge on your shirt, but his was on his tie, and for opening his jacket he gets that behaviour, yeah that was really understandable behaviour.

alisonoconnor

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on August 24, 2009, 02:54:22 pm by alisonoconnor »
I know Mike but as I get older I tolerate fighting less and less and Spencer is at a very impressionable age, I was trying really hard to hold him back out of the trouble, I won't stop going to home games ever but once in a while we get an away  like Saturday and it makes me question whether I should stay away. Whilst visiting Barnsley a few years ago, you probably won't remember Spen I and my six year old nephew got segregated and a few Barnsley fans wanted to do very ungentlemanly things to us that put me off for a while it just brought some of it back, getting caught in the middle Saturday it made me panic a bit. I'll feel differently in a couple of weeks I suppose.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on August 24, 2009, 02:57:53 pm by The Duke »
Another point also to all the do gooders saying there was no trouble in the conference and saying if there was they would wade into the trouble makers. You have short memories first match Dover lads on pitch having a go at the Dover players. Can name numerous other occasions also, where wer eyou lot wading in sorting it all out.

Stick to your key boards.

WE-ARE-BEST-IN-YORKSHIRE-1

« Reply #163 on August 24, 2009, 04:02:42 pm by WE-ARE-BEST-IN-YORKSHIRE-1 »
ITS A FOOTBALL MATCH!
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT,FARIES DANCING.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on August 24, 2009, 04:28:46 pm by The Duke »
WE-ARE-BEST-IN-YORKSHIRE-1 wrote:
ITS A FOOTBALL MATCH!
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT,FARIES DANCING.

Who chucked you a donut ?

BarryEvans

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on August 24, 2009, 04:37:43 pm by BarryEvans »
Mr. Croft, you have made it in the Middlesbrough local rag:

DRFCGlover

« Reply #167 on August 24, 2009, 06:13:39 pm by DRFCGlover »
i think you will find that isant Mr.Croft and that article sounds like donny fans are getting all the blame, someone on here must have been in contact with the paper

it was the best banter for a long time, but alot of you are bottle jobs, and wont give the banter back, yeah i see your point with the kids watching, it shouldn't of happened, but it is simple dont take them,

you surley wernt expecting to go to the worst place in Britain which as we know is full of chavs, and no banter or anything to happen.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on August 24, 2009, 06:31:46 pm by jucyberry »
I am sure JR and the club would be thrilled with that golden nugget of advice about kids seeing trouble at games....

Grand idea, stop the next generation of fans from enjoying the game and following their team so the small minority  can abuse each other....   :huh:

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on August 24, 2009, 06:39:27 pm by goalkick »
i am absolutely amazed at the suggestion not to take children to games. they are the future of our club.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on August 24, 2009, 06:43:24 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DRFCGlover wrote:
i think you will find that isant Mr.Croft and that article sounds like donny fans are getting all the blame, someone on here must have been in contact with the paper

it was the best banter for a long time, but alot of you are bottle jobs, and wont give the banter back, yeah i see your point with the kids watching, it shouldn't of happened, but it is simple dont take them,

you surley wernt expecting to go to the worst place in Britain which as we know is full of chavs, and no banter or anything to happen.

Oh great. Now we have idiots like you stating maybe kids shouldnt go to games.

Here's a better idea. Maybe adults should act like adults and not get into petulant schoolboy fighting antics. Grow up for gods sake - Who the hell are you to suggest kids shouldnt be at football matches?

Id give every single one involved in the childish thuggery, from either side, a life ban.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on August 24, 2009, 06:43:40 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DRFCGlover wrote:

Oh great. Now we have idiots like you stating maybe kids shouldnt go to games.

Here's a better idea. Maybe adults should act like adults and not get into petulant schoolboy fighting antics. Grow up for gods sake - Who the hell are you to suggest kids shouldnt be at football matches?

Id give every single one involved in the childish thuggery, from either side, a life ban.

DRFCGlover

« Reply #172 on August 24, 2009, 07:05:27 pm by DRFCGlover »
i didn't mean it like that, why would i say get rid of the future fans? even though people seemed happy that them that got chucked out that they was out, another wake up call, they are the future fans too, and alot of people was glad that they went. that is killing our future fans too, you pushing them away by saying everything they say is \"pathetic or childish\" and sometimes, there is alot of passion in your team, that when you loose or win in fact there is people who has had a bit to drink gives banter, and sometimes trouble kicks off, stop been a bunch of girls cos i am 100% sure you would not say a single word to the people involved, you only say things on here

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on August 24, 2009, 07:16:47 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DRFCGlover wrote:
i didn't mean it like that, why would i say get rid of the future fans? even though people seemed happy that them that got chucked out that they was out, another wake up call, they are the future fans too,

No club wants trouble causers as fans - Im sure any club would rather have fewer fans, if that meant leaving behind the knuckle dragging inbreds stuck in the 70's/ 80's, and the little chavs who think its 'cool' to beat up opposition fans.

'Fans' would not want their club facing huge fines/ behind closed door game/ possible points deductions as a result of their childish playground squabbling. No, they aint fans at all, they are thugs.

Master Katesby

« Reply #174 on August 24, 2009, 07:25:59 pm by Master Katesby »
Thinwhiteduke, you're talking asif it's only Rovers who have these types of fans. Chill out, don't you realise that this goes off all over the country with most teams, every week. And for you too say that Rovers would rarther have \"fewer fans\" is pathetic. Ok, let's get rid of all the blokes involved, and have more and more innocent fans getting hit.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on August 24, 2009, 07:27:32 pm by jucyberry »
DRFCGlover wrote:
stop been a bunch of girls cos i am 100% sure you would not say a single word to the people involved, you only say things on here

Not being flippant but last time I looked I am a girl...so I am allowed to be one ...   :)

The bovver boy image of the football fan is hopefully in the past, no club would rejoice in something that brings it's good name into disrepute. Leave the knuckle dragging antics to the European fans.

DRFC Browny

« Reply #176 on August 24, 2009, 07:32:52 pm by DRFC Browny »
this behavior absolutly stinks ;):laugh: :laugh:

LuckyGirl

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on August 24, 2009, 08:04:10 pm by LuckyGirl »
ban·ter
Good-humored, playful conversation.
ban·ter
To speak to in a playful or teasing way.
To exchange mildly teasing remarks.

I wasn't there but from the posts here I wonder if the definition of this word has changed beyond recognition.

This kind of behaviour should never be tolerated or acceptable no matter who 'started it'.

Just my opinion as another girl.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on August 24, 2009, 08:12:00 pm by Superspy »
Master Katesby wrote:
And for you too say that Rovers would rarther have \"fewer fans\" is pathetic.

i am 100% certain that if u said to john ryan or SO'D \"we can fill the ground for you every week, but they would all be trouble causers and start fights and throw coins etc\" they would tell them where to get off.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on August 24, 2009, 08:28:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Superspy wrote:
Master Katesby wrote:
And for you too say that Rovers would rarther have \"fewer fans\" is pathetic.

i am 100% certain that if u said to john ryan or SO'D \"we can fill the ground for you every week, but they would all be trouble causers and start fights and throw coins etc\" they would tell them where to get off.

Thats what I was trying to get across to the likes of Katesby, but you'll never get it through their skulls.

Of course, the more trouble makers at Rovers matches, the more you drive away the decent fans, with families, who are there for the football and for the Club - not for a punch up.

The Club should take the lead on this, ID those trouble causers an ban them for life - therefore making a statement that Rovers will not tolerate hooligans. Though the likes of Master Katesby and DRFC Glover may disagree, they seem to protest the innocence of the thug element far too strongly - I cannot start to imagine why.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012