Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unlucky Brooker  (Read 13379 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re:Unlucky Brooker
« Reply #30 on February 04, 2010, 07:45:25 pm by wilts rover »
CusworthRovers wrote:
This is just an update for the exiles, and it's intention is not to stir up an anti Brooker vibe.

Well that didn't work out as expected then did it!!

My tuppenceworth for what its worth is the same as it was the other 4 times this subject has come up, I trust the judgement of Rovers medical team to assess the nature of Brooker's injury(ies) and if they can sort them, a lot more than I do the trainee surgeons on here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

« Reply #31 on February 04, 2010, 08:58:43 pm by Jonathan »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
I think people should lay off McIntyre a bit - It was personal circumstances that meant he left us for Chester, not because he was greedy, not because he really wanted out. The abuse that Rovers fans directed at him when he returned went totally beyond banter and was uncalled for. He didn't know what was going to happen in his personal life when he got injured.

Well said, the problem is you could repeat that point until you're blue in the face and people wouldn't pay any intention. It'd be interesting to see what people on here would do if faced with a similar situation, personally I think it would be very difficult to turn your back on an opportunity to be near your family at such a difficult time.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 04, 2010, 11:13:31 pm by BobG »
Hear hear!

Thick t**ts who can't read and who can't jump to any conclusion beyond the bleeding obvious deserve all the shite they give poor old McIntyre.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 04, 2010, 11:45:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wing Co. I'm afraid your claim that he had spent a year out before he joined us is wrong. He played in 24 games for Bristol City and Cheltenham in the 11 months before we signed him. Prior to that he'd been out for four months with an injury. Prior to THAT, he'd played in something like 85% of matches over the previous 5 years, which is pretty good going for a target man who will have taken some hammer from hairy arsed centre halves.

It was a risk well worth taking but it hasn't  worked out. These things happen.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 05, 2010, 08:25:32 am by bobjimwilly »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
which is pretty good going for a target man who will have taken some hammer from hairy arsed centre halves.

I bet sam hirds bum is as smooth as the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy  :silly:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 05, 2010, 10:07:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
bobjimwilly wrote:
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
which is pretty good going for a target man who will have taken some hammer from hairy arsed centre halves.

I bet sam hirds bum is as smooth as the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy  :silly:

Aye. And I suspect Jon Parkin doesn't need a fresh pair of solomons after contemplating a physical tussle with young Sam.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 05, 2010, 11:55:59 am by wing commander »
Okay some of you can think Brooker was a picture of health prior to joining rovers but this article says differant.I apoligise that it isnt a direct link.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/health/Bristol-City-striker-injury-bungled-physio/article-730517-detail/article.html

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 11, 2010, 07:13:04 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
SOD on Footy Heaven:

Brooker out for rest of season, but the surgeons have got to the bottom of the problems and know how to fix it.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 11, 2010, 07:18:44 pm by TheRev »
Amputation?  ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 11, 2010, 07:26:58 pm by The Red Baron »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
SOD on Footy Heaven:

Brooker out for rest of season, but the surgeons have got to the bottom of the problems and know how to fix it.

You don't mean the root of the problem is his bottom, do you?  ;)

I genuinely feel sorry for him, but at the moment all I can think about is the play that Samuel Beckett would have written had he lived today and come from Donny rather than Dublin. Featuring two chaps wearing red and white hooped shirts. Yes, it's \"Waiting for Brooker.\"

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 11, 2010, 08:13:25 pm by roversam »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
SOD on Footy Heaven:

That statement sounds familier, i'm sure i heard it a few months ago.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 11, 2010, 08:52:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why is it that all the football experts who spout on here about how much this is costing Rovers etc. never mention that fact that players are insured against injury?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 11, 2010, 08:59:35 pm by Wellred »
So who gets the insurance pay out? The club or the player?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 11, 2010, 10:33:39 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Wellred wrote:

Depends whose policy it is. I would expect both club and player to have one of some sort. Certainly any club that doesn't insure it's players against injury are completely skint or cretins. Players probably have some scheme through the PFA.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 12, 2010, 12:07:26 am by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Wellred wrote:

Depends whose policy it is. I would expect both club and player to have one of some sort. Certainly any club that doesn't insure it's players against injury are completely skint or cretins. Players probably have some scheme through the PFA.

Which insurance company is going to insure a player thats already injured, against injury? Don`t forget he was injured when we signed him!

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 12, 2010, 12:30:05 am by Old Popsider »
Filo wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Wellred wrote:

Which insurance company is going to insure a player thats already injured, against injury? Don`t forget he was injured when we signed him!

There goes the no-claims bonus then.  :chair:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012