Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:33:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DISGUSTED  (Read 20296 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
DISGUSTED
« on February 06, 2010, 08:09:44 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
The performance today was bad enough, however, two things were significantly worse....

- The so called supporters, who walked out as soon as Readings second hit the net. Bet that looked fantastic on the Sky Cameras - what great support - well done you guys.

- Talking of Guys, the booing of Lewis when he was subbed on. I aint his biggest fan, but that was un called fo No wonder the lad cant put in a solid display knowing his own teams fans dont even support him. Again, bet it looked great to those watching on he TV.

We really do have some tools 'supporting' (I use that term very lightly) this fine Club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tomrover

• Forum Member
Re:DISGUSTED
« Reply #1 on February 06, 2010, 08:15:03 pm by tomrover »
to be honest nothing looked fantastic, stayed at home to watch it with family, and im glad

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 06, 2010, 08:15:37 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I hate going to home games at the minute, and that is all down to the so called fans. Personally, I hope they soon all feck off back where they came from - if that is the type of fans that success brings, I'd rather be back in the Conference.

If I was a player, I just wouldn't want to play infront of them.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #3 on February 06, 2010, 08:24:54 pm by Rovin Reporter »
any team that can play Guy as answer to poor performance don't diserve to get anything from the game , i left after their second , a chance to let the football do the talking ,and all we can do is stutter. Pathetic performance only Sully is to be thanked for turning up . :(  :(

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 06, 2010, 08:28:24 pm by bobjimwilly »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
any team that can play Guy as answer to poor performance don't diserve to get anything from the game , i left after their second , a chance to let the football do the talking ,and all we can do is stutter. Pathetic performance only Sully is to be thanked for turning up . :(  :(

You missed a cracking final 20 mate. Ha!  :P

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 06, 2010, 08:47:20 pm by TheRev »
Unfortunately we didn't seem to start until Matt Mills got sent off.
We huffed and puffed until then. It was crying out for 2 wide men and not until Matt got the Red Card did we change it.
Billy cannot do it all on his own up front.
Superb effort in the end but if only we'd changed our style earlier.

Never mind - there's always next week...... life is still worth living  ;)

northbayviking

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 06, 2010, 09:07:07 pm by northbayviking »
I could not make the round trip from Scarborough today, as my wife is Ill but at least I was spared the long miserable drive home tonight.
I saw the match on son in laws Ipod.not impressed!
Just nothimg extra in our game at the mo., I think the off the field incident has effected the team. where has the fizz gone from our play? :angry:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 06, 2010, 09:19:49 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
I agree on your points re the fans, sorry too say two many prawn sandwiches or w**kers that moan and moan!!!

The only point of concern was here was little movement at times but certainly deserve a draw and could have won(thinness of cross bar x2)

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 06, 2010, 09:34:12 pm by ian1980 »
It doesn't look good when fans leave very early in the game, but lets just bear in mind that lots of people take children to the game and the last two home games have been a freezing Tuesday night when we were getting battered by a crap middlesboro side and a very cold tea time game when we were poor again. I am not gunna sit there in the bitter cold with my young children watching crap.

So I am really sorry how my actions make the club look, but quite frankly I don't give a shit.

Is that now four defeats on the bounce? Does it stem back to SOD being linked with burnley job? Are the off field antics having am effect?

Something isn't right and as a team we are not clicking together. We cannot carry on 'lumping' ball forward expecting billy to win the game fir us feeding off scraps, it ain't gunna happen!

As above, booing guy is not going to inspire him and is not gunna help, but how many goals has he scored or even looked like scoring in the last five seasons. Putting him on in replace of shiels just doesn't make sense unless shiels was to knacked to continue

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 06, 2010, 09:34:27 pm by Superspy »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

- Talking of Guys, the booing of Lewis when he was subbed on. I aint his biggest fan, but that was un called fo No wonder the lad cant put in a solid display knowing his own teams fans dont even support him. Again, bet it looked great to those watching on he TV.

well im glad its not just me thats getting sick of the way lewis is being treated. the boos to him coming on were an absolute disgrace, he may not be the best footballer in the world but he's better certainly not the worst at our club, and i dont see anyone else getting the stick he gets.

when we played against middlesborough, of the 4 or 5 \"fringe\" players we fielded he was the ONLY one i actually thought had a decent game. and today when he came on, he was bright, and he obviously wanted to keep pushing and keep some tempo going towards the end, for me he didnt put a foot wrong.

all those fans that walked out were probably the same ones that left when boro's 3rd hit the back of the net aswell...but there isnt any point having a go at them, they will just say \"i pay to go and watch, its up to me when i choose to leave...\" which is fair enough, but its not exactly the best way of supporting the team.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 06, 2010, 09:42:26 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Rovin Reporter wrote:

Poetic justice that we played our best stuff after you left and with Lewis on the pitch then.

Dont bother coming at all in the future, doesnt look like you would be missed.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 06, 2010, 09:48:30 pm by TheRev »
Rovin Reporter wrote:

Not a dig at you Rovin. I refer to comments last week after the Cardiff game by numerous persons on here.
This is the \"Sully\" that wasn't good enough for this league. The man that's past it etc etc.
Well on that performance he's still got it.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 06, 2010, 09:50:55 pm by ian1980 »
Think sully made a couple of decent saves, don't think he could have been blamed for either goals so for me he did a decent job today.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 06, 2010, 09:58:31 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Excellent post Rigo - like I say only concern of me was the movement up front and when we were behind by two their seemed a reluctance for players to take responsibility and started hiding.
Otherwise thought the defeat was very harsh indeed!

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 06, 2010, 10:02:58 pm by ian1980 »
You can always count on rigo to brown nose the club even when we were shit. For f**ks sake rigo do you ever have your own views or do you always have to tow the clubs positive stance?

We were crap, just grow some balls and say so

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 06, 2010, 10:06:19 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
think you watched another game?
we should have won!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 06, 2010, 10:09:49 pm by Filo »
ian1980 wrote:

We were crap, just grow some balls and say so

I take it that you are basing that statement on the 70 minutes that you saw?

Of those 70 minutes, the first 25-30 minutes we were well on top! so your are saying that we were crap for 40 minutes or so?

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 06, 2010, 10:13:32 pm by ian1980 »
Seam to be more often these games we SHOULD have won!

We didn't win, we got no points, it's as simple as that.

Sulli, Roberts, coppinger, sharp played ok. The rest really didn't do that well, oster for me being the worse. He was far too sloppy in his passing and being caught on the ball far too often

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 06, 2010, 10:16:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
We weren't dreadful by any means, but I am worried about Stocky.

He was fine in the first half when we were pretty much holding our own and doing most of the pressurising, then he disappeared in the second half (at times he almost seemed to be avoiding the ball..!) and we weren't in it until after Mills was sent off. Even then, he didn't contribute much, it was more the other players (Chambers especially) that upped their game.

No doubt I'll get slapped down by those to whom Stock can do no wrong. Don't misunderstand me, he is a key player when he is involved in play and I'd want to see him like that every match, and I'd be the first to say the second half today was unlike his normal self. But it remains a fact that today's performance worries me somewhat.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 06, 2010, 10:18:53 pm by Filo »
ian1980 wrote:
a very cold tea time game when we were poor again. I am not gunna sit there in the bitter cold with my young children watching crap.

It`s been bitter cold all day, why would you think it would be any warmer at tea time?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 06, 2010, 10:18:57 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Thought Ostler was one of the better players in first half lol

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 06, 2010, 10:55:19 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

No doubt I'll get slapped down by those to whom Stock can do no wrong. Don't misunderstand me, he is a key player when he is involved in play and I'd want to see him like that every match, and I'd be the first to say the second half today was unlike his normal self. But it remains a fact that today's performance worries me somewhat.

Not by me.

It seems to me that Stock has been woefull below par since returning to the side.

Plus, to be honest, there has been a severe downturn in our results since he did return to the team.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 06, 2010, 11:01:41 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
ian1980 wrote:
a very cold tea time game when we were poor again. I am not gunna sit there in the bitter cold with my young children watching crap.

So I am really sorry how my actions make the club look, but quite frankly I don't give a shit.

Aaahh! The definition of a fairweather fan.

Why dont you turn your attention to a summer sport, like Cricket instead? Then atleast you and your kiddies can be nice and warm eh?

Or maybe its the fact we wasnt winning that meant you decided to remove your support for the Club/ Team? In that case, I could suggest you could support one of those big Prem Teams - such as Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal, they win the vast majority of their games, so you should be much happier...and therefore not leave with a quarter of the proceedings left.

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 07, 2010, 12:05:17 am by intake rover »
whatched the game over the net, reading scored 2 goals against the run of play, and we murdering them before mills got sent off.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 07, 2010, 12:15:07 am by eastender »
intake rover wrote:
watched the game over the net, reading scored 2 goals against the run of play, and we murdering them before mills got sent off.

I watched the match in the flesh and at times it looked like reading had  an extra man on the field.

The only time we murdered them ,was the last 10 mims + 6 mins add on when they were down to 10 men.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 07, 2010, 12:35:35 am by Barmby Rover »
So we lose again, and the none fans are storming out for their cups of tea at home once more. Observers only, not fans.

As for the match, Rovers played some slick football at times but didn't move forward quickly enough to punch a hole in what became an eight man defence every time. That isn't a call for hoof ball tactics, just quick movement by players looking to go forward rather than sideways. Not enough were willing to run at their defence until about 80 minutes. Strange, I don't know why we couldn't do it before.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 07, 2010, 12:38:52 am by Surrey Rover »
No point letting this result get us down, the fact is we just always struggle against Reading. Been watching Rovers since the seventies and this use to be a regular fourth division fixture but they were always a side we coudn't beat. Remember Rovers taking them apart one wet November afternoon when a goalkeper by the name of Steve Death (who sadly died of cancer in 2003) had an an inspired afternoon and only Steve Uzelac's diving header saved us in a 1-1 draw.

I think we've beaten them only once at home (7-5 season 1982/83) in about 35 years and maybe twice down at the old Elm Park ground in the same time period.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 07, 2010, 01:41:25 am by BobG »
And I saw one of those Elm Park wins Surrey! The one where Les Chappel scored the winner :):) That was poetic justice if ever I saw it.

BobG

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 07, 2010, 01:59:41 am by BRMC_rover »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
I hate going to home games at the minute, and that is all down to the so called fans. Personally, I hope they soon all feck off back where they came from - if that is the type of fans that success brings, I'd rather be back in the Conference.

If I was a player, I just wouldn't want to play infront of them.

Your not wrong. Some of our fans act like they suit visits to Barrow where the world passes the town by.

The Duke

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 07, 2010, 07:29:06 am by The Duke »
There's a surprise thin white duke posting on a sky game. You have a cheek calling supporters what you only watched on TV seeing as your only a glory fan FACT.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012