Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:22:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chants  (Read 11752 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:Chants
« Reply #30 on February 09, 2010, 05:08:32 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
jucyberry wrote:
CusworthRovers wrote:
As well as the wrist. Why don't we pull out our sparra's and goolies and then all jump up and down on the spot.

Who's with me tonight?

I think it's pretty much a certainty that if you do that , you will be totally alone tonight Cussy my love...

Too right jb.

He's a right perv that Cussy.

When I'm singing our new chant tonight, I'm going to tuck my sparra and goolies in snugly behind my legs, so it looks like I have lady parts.

None of this oddball waving it in the air stuff.........that's just..........wrong.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lord Farquaad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 09, 2010, 06:05:35 pm by Lord Farquaad »
I'm not sure that I am happy about my song being sung when I am not there. Am I entitled to any royalties of any kind?

Blow job maybe?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 09, 2010, 06:12:23 pm by jucyberry »
Lord Farquaad wrote:
I'm not sure that I am happy about my song being sung when I am not there. Am I entitled to any royalties of any kind?

Blow job maybe?

Where's Cussy when you need him....  :laugh:

Lord Farquaad

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 09, 2010, 06:14:17 pm by Lord Farquaad »
He'll be up in a minute.

arsenal of the north as if

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 09, 2010, 09:29:54 pm by arsenal of the north as if »
We cannot win at home
And we cannot win away
We lost last week
And we will loose today
We dont give a fook
Cos we are the DONNY
ROVERS  :laugh:  :laugh:
U should all no the bits i left out

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 09, 2010, 10:23:28 pm by Superspy »
ok firstly,

we dont care about fannies...

etc etc etc

made me laugh my arse off, thanks for that.

moving on, iv been thinking the last few days about this whole \"singing section idea\", and i wanted to set up a couple of polls/questions to forum members asking things like \"would you be willing to move\" etc etc however, i thought a good idea initially would be to have a \"singing section\" on the forum itself, another forum section where we can talk specifically about new chants, and discuss how we are going to organise this singing section in the ground, as its clearly something we need to do pro-actively rather than rely on help from club, it would help keep all the information together etc.

anybody think its a good idea? (be gentle)

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 09, 2010, 10:29:06 pm by thornerover94 »
i think its a great idea, well said and then the people who arent bothered about the singing or atmosphere instead the kms dont have to worry bout and look at threads on ere they have no interest in also, then all the singers can sort out what they want to sing what they dont and where they are going to be for anyone who wants to join in on matchdays

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 09, 2010, 10:30:09 pm by Superspy »
exactly, that was the other reason, so that people who arent interested can keep the hell out of it, lol :p

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 09, 2010, 11:09:34 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Superspy wrote:
anybody think its a good idea? (be gentle)

Yes. Good idea. Why not PM one of the Mods and ask.

My opinion for what it's worth, is that seeing as most of the noise generated at the KM is from the South Stand, it would be self defeating to try and get people to move away from there. We need to get as many people as possible in the same area, not fragmented all over the place.

I'm guessing that a greater number of season ticket holders who sing are there too, so it's impossible for them to move this season.

We could do with some decent banners too. But that's a different issue.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 10, 2010, 05:53:51 am by Superspy »
im going to pm one of the mods, but i wanted to test the water with the normal users first....now, who are themods again? (lol).

well the location is something else that we can discuss, and obviously the best bet is to go with the majority. whatever we do, its going to be for next season mainly as that will be when the ST holders can move, but if we get it all sorted now, it should be more successful.

WSBBA_Joe

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 10, 2010, 04:44:09 pm by WSBBA_Joe »
Any song we sing would sound good if more than 100 people sung it, ok ok away games there arnt many as good as us, but at the keepmoat...

And we gonna start thinking of songs for the not so mighty leeds.

'Three years
Its only taken three years
THREE YEARS!!'

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 10, 2010, 07:33:32 pm by Superspy »
personally i suggest \"que cera\" if by some miracle they are battering us next season, with the last line changed to \"we beat you at wembley, que cera cera\" lol

Mr Croft

« Reply #42 on February 11, 2010, 04:54:58 pm by Mr Croft »
Well i am always up for creating the 'pop stand' atmosphere that we all grew to love, but also take for granted, as our atmosphere in the keepmoat is pitiful, I think the loudest was the first season there especially with the banter between fans as well :P

I am prepared to go find the singing section as I pay on game to every game at home as it is. I do not agree with sitting down all games with fingers on lips, unless sharp misses a chance (with Billy! Billy Blunt..) or Guy comes on(and the su[risingly boos), thats the only time our fans pipe up at the moment.

We have been there for 3 seasons now and its time to review the situation with our fans and change the way it is, the south stand atmosphere developed the only place for noise, but it needs to change, Maybe even the club should review shifting the away end to the half east, half north, allowing all the singers to jump in all that opoen space in the north west corner to the middle of the north stand, that would be surely the best idea to make a proper atmosphere at the keepmoat.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 11, 2010, 05:10:42 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBoWZPdPCoA&feature=related [/video]

*chorus starts at 0:30

Oh, sweet John Ryan
(DA-DA-DAAAH)
Good times never seem so good
(SO GOOD, SO GOOD, SO GOOD)
I've been inclined
(DA-DA-DAAAH)
to believe it never would

*repeat chorus*

A firm favourite from the 'anthem poll' adjusted to acclaim our saviour.

Maybe just use the chorus as noone knows the full song.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 11, 2010, 05:56:58 pm by Superspy »
Mr Croft wrote:

We have been there for 3 seasons now and its time to review the situation with our fans and change the way it is, the south stand atmosphere developed the only place for noise, but it needs to change, Maybe even the club should review shifting the away end to the half east, half north, allowing all the singers to jump in all that opoen space in the north west corner to the middle of the north stand, that would be surely the best idea to make a proper atmosphere at the keepmoat.

i thought about that option, but it would mean the club build a new wall inside the stands to split the north in half, and the east in half so the fans arent mingling, which i dont think is something they would be willing to do, lol

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 11, 2010, 09:01:38 pm by thornerover94 »
i cant cant see the club doin that either, i believe the south stand is the best place to be but we just need to get everyone together and not spread around the stand, we need to know where the season ticket holders sit so we can get a good idea of where the best place is to go so all the STH's who want to sing can also benefit then start discussing on whether it works after it has been tried if not we can raise the issue and arrange it with all before all season tickets are renewed to move and try somewhere else

Mr Croft

« Reply #46 on February 11, 2010, 10:14:18 pm by Mr Croft »
Superspy wrote:
Mr Croft wrote:

i thought about that option, but it would mean the club build a new wall inside the stands to split the north in half, and the east in half so the fans arent mingling, which i dont think is something they would be willing to do, lol

Well it doesnt exactly have to be a brick wall, it wouldnt take no more than a day to install metal shutters underground to stop the fans being together, and we just use the netting we already have, just give them more of the north stand so hme fans have one of the three exits to underground, and give them a thousand of the East stand.

The thing is with season ticket holders is that there a few that want to sing but can't because near the singing section there are too many people who refuse to move who are season ticket holder, a singing section must be made and advertised by the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012