Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:12:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Football Heaven  (Read 5738 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Football Heaven
« on February 10, 2010, 01:38:48 pm by Filo »
Who else thinks that this show is getting worse, all you get now is Blades fans comming on and whinging, that Brian the Blade is a right d**khead! they should rename it the \"We hate Blackwell show\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PACMAN

• VSC Member
Re:Football Heaven
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2010, 01:47:24 pm by PACMAN »
Don't listen then................simples!! Personally I find it quite funny, oh to be 7th a point off the play offs eh, what a tough life those Blades fans have got!! Poor old Blackwell, not that I like the guy but they must be losing serious money for McCabe to pull the plug!! :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2010, 01:58:07 pm by Filo »
I listen for any snippet of Rovers news, but an hour of Blades fans one after another moaning 5 nights a week is getting a bit repetative, don`t ya think?

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2010, 02:21:25 pm by PACMAN »
Filo wrote:
I listen for any snippet of Rovers news, but an hour of Blades fans one after another moaning 5 nights a week is getting a bit repetative, don`t ya think?

Don't we all, but it was Wednesday fans moaning not so long ago, now it's the Blades with the occasional Miller having a moan. Makes me grateful to be a Rovers fan, I can't remember the last time someone had a real good moan about us on there................................................................won't be far away though!! :whistle:

That's what you get on these programmes, self opinionated idiots who have never played football to any sort of decent level!! Brian the Blade is a classic, you could fit what he knows about football on the back of a stamp!! :laugh:

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2010, 02:24:50 pm by danrover82 »
I listen to the show all the time but I agree its gettin worse. I listen for any Rovers news but unless we win 5-0, play when no other teams in region are or against a local side we get bugger all.

If you dare question their thoughts and interpretations, its a stupid suggestion and you get cut off, yet Brian the Blade gets more coverage on BBC than Jonathan Ross.  

Its not a fair representation of the local picture and biased due to the fact they are in Sheffield. Aint ya glad you pay towards their wages.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2010, 02:40:00 pm by Filo »
danrover82 wrote:
I listen to the show all the time but I agree its gettin worse. I listen for any Rovers news but unless we win 5-0, play when no other teams in region are or against a local side we get bugger all.

If you dare question their thoughts and interpretations, its a stupid suggestion and you get cut off, yet Brian the Blade gets more coverage on BBC than Jonathan Ross.  

Its not a fair representation of the local picture and biased due to the fact they are in Sheffield. Aint ya glad you pay towards their wages.

To be fair to the presenters, they are getting a bit cheesed off with it last night, they just need to tell Brian the blade he`s a dick now!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2010, 02:49:37 pm by SkellowRover »
Filo wrote:
they just need to tell Brian the blade he`s a dick now!

No Filo, brian is the highlight of the show for me. He's a real life Mike Basset haha, and he cracks me up. He's the most entertaining thing on there because he winds seth, paul and andy up, it's hilarious  :laugh:

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2010, 02:52:26 pm by danrover82 »
Its not just Brian though, if you question something they dont agree with, your the idiot and they think nothing of cutting you off. I am surprised someone has not slipped through the net and told them about how they treat the license payers who call the show.

Dont they call people back? so if they f**ked off with Brian the Blade they shouldnt call him back to get him on.

They need to be fairer, but how do you do that if Rovers fans amongst other clubs dont phone in. Its not something you can proved either way.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2010, 03:19:53 pm by MrFrost »
They are have a Facebook profile. I've added them and intend to tell them how sh!te their shows are.
Everyone should do the same. Search Football Heaven in Facebook.

I don't listen to it any more. Its crap. Can't Trax do a phone in?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2010, 03:37:50 pm by Mike_F »
I like FH. Seth's been there right along the journey with Rovers, Paul is IMHO one of BBC Sport's best presenters and is surely destined for greater things and Andy having been a bit shakey to start with has developed into a fine presenter. All of them are knowledgable and have always been more than fair when I've called in. I can't ever remember calling in and not getting a call back - they're evidently keen to include Rovers fans but if none call in they can't have any on the show. It is what you/we make it.

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 10, 2010, 03:47:31 pm by washyrover »
seth can put people down and come across a bit clever and he looked a bit of a porker on the late show this week.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2010, 04:50:39 pm by donnievic »
I love it hearing all Blades fans ringing up moaning and as for Brian he is something else and has me in stitches when he comes on,but it's only like reading sum of the people moaning on here

jmt

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2010, 05:18:01 pm by jmt »
its a great show, if you want to hear more rovers stuff, its simple, phone in!
i think we get more than our fair share of coverage too,given our fan base.
there must have been at least five rovers games live, this season, for people like me
who can't get to away games this is a godsend.
brian the blade is a comedy genius too.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 10, 2010, 07:31:18 pm by Superspy »
yeah i like it too, and i think we get enough coverage...to satisfy me at least.

kenrockrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2010, 07:41:55 pm by kenrockrover »
FH not bad show, but to keep getting info from the clubs,they will never question any major issues with clubs in the area in case they get blanked by the clubs , no info is a no news to report on show. then it just becomes a slanging mud show ........oh no you blades !!!!!! :lol:

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 10, 2010, 07:53:40 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
Well said JMT & Mike F.

I had a good 20 min chat to Seth before the game on Sat and mentioned the amount of moaning that goes on on the show. I also said that they had come in for a bit of stick on here(to which he reads now and then)and was very open (he always is)with their attitued to callers.
If you go on with a constructive argument and moan, fair enough, but go on and call a manager or player a clown or words to that effect, that calls doupt on their abillity to do their job, they will have a go back.
You have to remember, player and managers listen to the show. To be fair to Seth, Paul and Andy you can hardley ask them to slag of a player or manager all week and then expect to get a decent interview with them! Thought it was great last night when some people got upset that they had  raised their voice and that they shouldn't give their opinions!!
FH has a great team, and we lucky to have such a show, many areas have nothing near as good. If you want to hear more Rovers fans on, ring in, they can only work with what they have!

As Seth said on saturday, people always remember the bad things people say never good.
Moaners always outnumber those that are happy with things.

At the end of the day, no one forces you listen, but where else do you get the coverage that Radio Sheff give the Rovers, Look North??? lol :chair:  :scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2010, 08:00:44 pm by Filo »
Don`t get me wrong, I like the show but I think the moaning t**ts from Sheffield are spoiling the show

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 11, 2010, 12:55:05 pm by RobTheRover »
Brian the Blade claims to have won most of the local trophies in football, either as a player or a coach.

I reckon Football Manager has a lot to answer for!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012