Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:24:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stock/Fryatt collision  (Read 4216 times)

donnievic

• Forum Member
Stock/Fryatt collision
« on February 11, 2010, 08:02:01 am by donnievic »
For those who have not seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Ojj2HEM3s&feature=player_embedded

Sure everyone wishes Fryatt a speedy recovery.

Dont know what else Stocky could have done to get out of the challenge after nicking the ball past him

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re:Stock/Fryatt collision
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2010, 08:49:05 am by The Red Baron »
Interesting that one of the Leicester players did not think there was any malice in the challenge (despite what Pearson said):

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/news/Jack-Hobbs-relief-fearing-worst-Leicester-City-team-mate/article-1822451-detail/article.html?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2010, 09:12:49 am by DaveDRFC »
Leicester manager Nigel Pearson:

\"Fryatt has broken his jaw in two places. Obviously it's not going to be a short-term thing. But it's not a very good challenge is it. I have seen the video.

\"I've said enough. You'll have to see it yourself, I am sure they will show it.\"

So what has he seen exactly? Doesn't look dirty at all to me, just one of those things and unfortunately Fryatt has ended up with a serious injury. Best bit about it for me was their fans booing Gareth Roberts for the remainder of the game because for some reason they thought it was him who was involved!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2010, 09:14:45 am by Wellred »
Having read the article it seems that Jack Hobbs must use the same script writer as SOD.
\"We battered them?\"
Its like when we listen to radio dee dah after one of our games where we have played shite and hear SOD say have well we played.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2010, 09:20:28 am by DaveDRFC »
Wellred wrote:
Having read the article it seems that Jack Hobbs must use the same script writer as SOD.
\"We battered them?\"
Its like when we listen to radio dee dah after one of our games where we have played shite and hear SOD say have well we played.

Agree with that, it was one of the worst games I have seen in terms of chances created. The only one I remember for them of note was when Gallacher was clean through and somehow put it over. In turn our only real chance was when Sharp just shot wide sometime in the second half.

If that is them 'battering' someone I'd hate to watch them when they play poorly! One of the worst (in terms of entertainment) sides I have seen this season, you can see why they don't score many (but then they don't let many in either, which explains where they are in the league!).

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2010, 09:27:39 am by Filo »
It looks nothing really, it`s a coming together thats all, the fact that Stock turned side on as they were about to collide probably contributed to Fryatts injury, but there was certainly nothing malicious or dirty about it. You see some real bone crunching collisions sometimes and the players just get up and walk away, unfortunatly this time Fryatt didn`t, so I don`t know what Pearson is on about really.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2010, 10:23:25 am by danrover82 »
Just an unlucky collison in my eyes. The sort of collison that would normally have mad more injury through him landing on Fryatts leg.

Hope the lad has a speedy recovery but Pearson wants to listen to his players and see it was a 50/50 for christs sake.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2010, 12:51:44 pm by RobTheRover »
Next to \"innocuous\" in the dictionary is that video.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012