Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:18:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One Richie wellens --- chant before the game  (Read 5554 times)

townmoorrover

• Forum Member
One Richie wellens --- chant before the game
« on February 24, 2010, 12:01:36 am by townmoorrover »
How pathetic was this chant 30 seconds before kick off.

During the warm up yes by all means show your appreciation but not then.

we should have been chanting for the Rovers not the opposition.

And then the people booing Lewis guy when he came on.

How do you think this will make our team think.

And before any starts about my post count - I have been a member since day one. I am just that peed off about this that i had to post.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WSBBA_Joe

• Forum Member
Re:One Richie wellens --- chant before the game
« Reply #1 on February 24, 2010, 12:22:31 am by WSBBA_Joe »
Wellens was a big player who was one of our best, Guy hasnt ever done anything and is one of our worst players.

But i think when Guy leaves people would sing his name if we played against him, because he has been here so long.

Booing Guy should stop! i don't like him but don't boo, just laugh! its better than crying.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 24, 2010, 12:28:00 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
townmoorrover wrote:
How pathetic was this chant 30 seconds before kick off.

During the warm up yes by all means show your appreciation but not then.

we should have been chanting for the Rovers not the opposition.

And then the people booing Lewis guy when he came on.

How do you think this will make our team think.

And before any starts about my post count - I have been a member since day one. I am just that peed off about this that i had to post.

100% agree.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 24, 2010, 01:00:05 am by Superspy »
i dont have a problem with the chant for richie, but i have a serious problem with the booing of our own players, completely out of order yet again.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 24, 2010, 07:41:10 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Superspy wrote:
but i have a serious problem with the booing of our own players, completely out of order yet again.

Those who boo him deserve to see us lose. How they call themselves supporters when they boo one of their own I dont know.

What do the expect Guy to do? Go up to SOD and say \"No boss, dont play me, Im not good enough for this level\".

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 24, 2010, 07:47:42 am by Dagenham Rover »
Superspy wrote:
i dont have a problem with the chant for richie, but i have a serious problem with the booing of our own players, completely out of order yet again.

Agree 100%

Donny3

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 24, 2010, 09:27:23 am by Donny3 »
Maybe we can forget Richi Wellens now, especially after he grabbed Billy by the neck and raked his finger nails down him!!
Richi is not rovers anymore, he doesnt care about rovers anymore, so why should we chant his name!
He's had his moment, forget him now, support the players that have stayed.

RTID

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 24, 2010, 09:32:47 am by bobjimwilly »
He didn't acknowledge our chant from what I could see either, and had a couple of run-ins with Rovers players - namely Billy and Sullivan - what was all that about?  :blink:

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 24, 2010, 09:34:29 am by danrover82 »
I'm all for showing Ritchie respect for what he did when here, but have to agree before kick off was pathetic and disrespectful to our team and made us look like idiots to the away fans.  Ritchie doesnt care for us, we were a stepping stone for him. This was clear when he did what he did to Sharp and Sulli.

Any player good bad or useless picked by SOD at any stage of the game should be shown respect and fully supported by the fans. If Guy had got the penalty or even scored the boo b oys would have surely been chanting Lewis Guy Guy Guy. It makes me sick.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 24, 2010, 10:23:50 am by stockyboy »
Personally I didn't chant for richie wellens, after all he was only here 2 years. Mills was and he got booed. Greeny deserves it, he was here 9 years.

I hate the booing of Guy, it's ridiculous. He's surely low on confidence as it is, he's been here for some time been a good servant to the club and people boo him, yes he hasn't scored since beginning of last season but we need to make him feel like that game will be the game he ends his run. Also he's a Rovers player, playing for Doncaster Rovers, don't boo him cheer him on!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 24, 2010, 10:26:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Me neither, he didn't deserve it at that point.  He was his usual self aswell, petulant and trying to cause trouble, the sly kick at Sulli was similar to that you get on a school playground and Sulli was daft enough to kick back.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 24, 2010, 11:23:00 am by Filo »
No acknowledgement from Wellens whatsoever, shows his words when he left were empty, as for the game, i thought he was a shadow of the player he was here

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 24, 2010, 12:02:55 pm by Mike_F »
I started the Wellens song as a thank you for his contribution whilst he was here. I couldn't do it during the warm-up as thre's barely anyone in the seats at that time (particularly on a night like last night). Obviously once the game kicks off all friendliness is dropped and Richie is just another opposing player.

As for the booing of Guy - it's nothing short of moronic.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 24, 2010, 12:10:22 pm by MrFrost »
IMO, it shouldn't have been sung whilst the teams came out. You go to support your players and the team, not the opposition. Fair enough during the warm up. Its our players who need the support when they come onto the pitch, regardless of what ex Rovers legend is in the opposing team.

Wellens didn't acknowledge anyway, so a complete waste of time. He has no respect for us, so no point in showing any in return!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 24, 2010, 12:12:00 pm by Mike_F »
MrFrost wrote:
Fair enough during the warm up.

In general I agree but I refer you to my previous point.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 24, 2010, 12:13:48 pm by MrFrost »
Then, if it isn't possible to start the chant during the warm up, I wouldn't have bothered. I didn't notice a single chant for one of our own players while the teams were coming out of the tunnel and preparing for kick off. Why should we be chanting for someone on the other team?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2010, 12:16:08 pm by Mike_F »
There were plenty of songs for our own players straight after the Wellens one. Sulyl and Sharp got the loudest support.

Anyway it's all imaterial now - Wellens has had his thank you and won't be getting another one!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 24, 2010, 03:53:06 pm by RoversAlias »
Totally agree on the Guy front, those who boo him are absolute morons, I am embarrassed to be a Rovers fan sometimes when stuff like that happens. I don't rate Guy, I think he is not good enough for this league but when he comes on I cheer for him, applaud him and shout encouragement, as all of our fans should.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 24, 2010, 10:07:15 pm by Harrogate Rover »
To be fair to Wellens, whilst stood in the centre circle seconds before kick off, he clapped his hands towards the west stand b bunch who sang his name. I clapped when his name was called out as I enjoyed watching him play for Rovers,but once the game started I wanted him to have a stinker. Dont agree with the booing of Lewis either.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 24, 2010, 10:31:17 pm by swain_drfc »
I sung his name before but after I saw his attitude and behaviour towards former team mates during the game I thought he showed his real colours as a first class t**t  :)

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2010, 11:05:17 pm by The_Rooky »
swain_drfc wrote:
I sung his name before but after I saw his attitude and behaviour towards former team mates during the game I thought he showed his real colours as a first class t**t  :)

...that seems to support much of what has already been said. And I would tend to agree.  In addition, now he's clearly not 'Rovers', how many of us actually think he did spit at Britton during last years Swansea match?! I thought he was probably guilty at the time and nothing has changed to alter my view!!

In terms of Lewis Guy, I really feel quite sorry for the lad.  I'm sure its not just DFRC, but some fans just can't wait for certain players to make a mistake so they can get on their back (Lewis Guy and Mark Wilson seem to be the main targets at Rovers).  Personally, I really don't agree with this type of behaviour - under any circumstances: It got so bad for Lewis that he only has to turn up at the Keepmoat for some morons to having s go.  Maybe we should have a 'booing' section as well as a singing section:  I suggest we place this somewhere in the North Stand so they can be with their fellow anti-rovers companions.  

And please, don't anyone try and pedal the 'I pay my money so I can do what the fcuk I like!!'  That just doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 26, 2010, 07:19:18 am by Al4475 »
There were two youngish guys behind me and my good lady's young lad and as Wilson left and Guy came on we got a full chorus in our ears of \"Fcukin great, one fcukin shit player off and another one on! What the fcuk are we playin at?\" They then pillored Lewis' every touch.

One of the first things Lewis did on the pitch was get into space, collect the ball and shoot (albeit over the top) to which they then hurled more abuse his way.

I turned round to remind them that for the game upto that point, they'd been screaming for someone to get in close and shoot on sight - which Guy had done. They then continued to moan about how shit a player he was and they were entitled to shout this! I know Lewis is not everyone's favourite player, but I can't help but think that if Mr Sharp or Heffs had done exactly what Lewis did, they'd have had a rousing applause from the most fans and a rendition of 'We've got Paul Heffernan' or 'Billeee, Billeee Shaaarrrpp!

Fickle our fans to say the least!

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 26, 2010, 08:31:34 am by danrover82 »
It isn't right at all booing the lad, and it doesn't give a good example for our supporters for any potential sigingings. What if, billy didn't score for 15+ games or got played in a weakend position due to the signing of another striker. Would the same boo boys turn on Billy coming on as a substitute? It would certainly make me think twice as any player signing on the dotted line to play for the Rovers.

I think its about time that the morons grew up, and give the lad a break. Practice what you preach ' in SOD we trust' So any decision he makes is for the good of the team. To boo Guy is to boo SOD's judgement and potentially push him to another club if the situation arose then where would we be?

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 26, 2010, 07:33:58 pm by ferribyrover »
just think, with our injury situation as it is, Willo is going to start most games and be an influential player. Plus we may yet need Lewis to get on the pitch, remind us all what he CAN do, show some pace, win freekicks, corners and penalties, maybe even get some lumbering centre back (Darren Moore?) sent off, possibly even score some goals. I've never known Willo or Lewis not try! Part of me hopes they score the goals to keep us up! This may be a flight of fancy but how can so called supporters boo their own players.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 26, 2010, 08:28:37 pm by Donnywolf »
danrover82 wrote:
It isn't right at all booing the lad, and it doesn't give a good example for our supporters for any potential sigingings. What if, billy didn't score for 15+ games or got played in a weakend position due to the signing of another striker. Would the same boo boys turn on Billy coming on as a substitute? It would certainly make me think twice as any player signing on the dotted line to play for the Rovers.

I think its about time that the morons grew up, and give the lad a break. Practice what you preach ' in SOD we trust' So any decision he makes is for the good of the team. To boo Guy is to boo SOD's judgement and potentially push him to another club if the situation arose then where would we be?

CORRECT

Just a few games ago those ex Players came on the pitch pre-game and they had won something years ago and the guy being interviewed said \" no one deliberately goes on the pitch to have a bad game or not try\" and I agree

I never did and I was S**T

TinyPortal © 2005-2012