Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:44:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Last nine games  (Read 2149 times)

bigal

• Forum Member
Last nine games
« on February 25, 2010, 09:28:24 am by bigal »
Last nine games only picked up 10 points,carry on like this
with only 14 games left it is going to be a tight finish
giving us about 55 or 56 points,must win game Saturday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re:Last nine games
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2010, 09:49:25 am by The Red Baron »
If we are on 55-56 points then no worries. After Christmas (when we were on 30 points) I reckoned that seven wins would see us safe. Since then we've managed three (plus a draw)- i.e. 10 points from 10 games (including the Boxing Day defeat at Coventry).

If we continue to average a point a game over the last 14 games then we'll be on 54, which should be enough for safety. On the other hand we are playing nothing like we were before Christmas- we are not scoring as regularly nor does the defence look as secure. Without wishing to make excuses, I think the volume of games has told on a squad lacking depth. Players are not necessarily absent, but they are not playing at full capacity.

Like you, I'll feel more comfortable if we can win on Saturday. Even more so if we can go on the sort of run we had back in December- which seems a long time ago now!

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2010, 11:10:24 am by DMnumber4 »
Still got to play Plymouth, Scunthorpe and Derby at home. I know people will be saying \"never an easy game\" but if we can't pick up points against them then we really are struggling.

Away games at Peterbrough, Preston and maybe Barnsley should see points hopefully  ;)

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2010, 02:27:42 pm by ferribyrover »
I think we'll be ok. An average of 1 point per game may be enough. I do detect though that the management (SOD etc) are starting to change the squad. Elliott and jack Wilson have gone. Heffs is going? Webbo, Dumbuya, Lewis and Spicer hardly ever start, same with keepers Smith and Woods. Where does this leave them all? How many will be with us next season?  If we can get Stock, Woods, Shelton and Shacks fit, all will be well this season but we will lose players in the summer (some we want to go and...)!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2010, 10:33:26 pm by BobG »
That's an interesting observation Ferriby. Thanks.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012