Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:10:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: bye bye  (Read 4861 times)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
bye bye
« on March 01, 2010, 09:11:15 pm by leedshayter »
yes thats ta ra then! from 12 of us all adults in cat c south west corner . been there since day 1 against huddersfield.give us your money before  march 31 or fcuk off! well sorry sir john were fckuing off.   :(  :angry:  :(

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:bye bye
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 09:13:12 pm by BobG »
Part time supporter.

BobG

:):)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 09:16:23 pm by leedshayter »
sorry bob we will be next season mainly away aswell ! we no when were not wanted!! :P

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 09:16:54 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Stand by my comment last night ...glory fans ....god you been through some hard times I mean all those cup finals - WHICH WE WON! and promotions...... must have been hell!
Oh well take the Hayter from the name and your left with the truth .....see you next year but of course in the Leeds end!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 09:20:20 pm by MrFrost »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Stand by my comment last night ...glory fans ....god you been through some hard times I mean all those cup finals - WHICH WE WON! and promotions...... must have been hell!
Oh well take the Hayter from the name and your left with the truth .....see you next year but of course in the Leeds end!

Norfolk why are these people glory fans because they probably can't afford to renew this month?

And considering they are Cat C ticket holders, the price rise after March is unacceptable. I don't blame them.

I've been watching Rovers for over 20 years now. I've barely missed a home game since 1997, but I won't be renewing either on principle that I wont be held to ransome.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2010, 09:22:20 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Tell you what frosty ....seriously give me your e mail address and i will meet you and give you the £20 no strings .....get a grip!

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 09:24:26 pm by leedshayter »
norfolk u prick im refering to the price increase after march.i have been a season ticket holder for the past eleven years dispite working away and missing 5 to 10 games per season.started going 31 years ago. my grandad played center half 1933-1935 so shut it u dick  :angry:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2010, 09:28:24 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Oh they dont like it up them do they???? ......moan moan all you like and I will defend this great club ...NEXT.......................
By the way have the club next kept the same prices for majority of the last years?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2010, 09:34:37 pm by MrFrost »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Tell you what frosty ....seriously give me your e mail address and i will meet you and give you the £20 no strings .....get a grip!

Apart from the fact my season ticket is set to rise more than that, and even more if I leave it til next month.

I could probably earn a few hundred extra quid by working saturdays. I might do that and just go to the big games. I've spent literally tens of thousands following the Rovers over the years. But because we make inept marketing decisions it feels like the club I love are just taking the fans for granted and shitting on them.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2010, 09:41:14 pm by leedshayter »
norfolk my seat is v493 come and see me at the next home game and we ll see who likes it up em !!!  B)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2010, 09:47:32 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Right take that step back frosty and study the world from JR and the board propective and the following is apparent ;
1) After the initial Championship season the crowds have fallen
2) We as directors cannot continue to put between us £3 million a year
3) Raising wages costs - do you realise what someone of ET costs per week?
4) A borough of £280K should be able to sell out a ground of £12K home fans (so forget the economics of your own household, there are enough sports fans in the borough to make the difference)
5) Ideally want to buy the ground but how can we do that when the fans never turn up

SO I suppose this is the cross roads and quite clearly we could drop down the leagues as soon as we come up them!!

No one said it would be easy but look down the side of the settee and cut down on few luxuries (which of course footy is) and you maybe able to afford it....all twenty pounds!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2010, 09:53:04 pm by SkellowRover »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Oh they dont like it up them do they???? ......moan moan all you like and I will defend this great club ...NEXT.......................
By the way have the club next kept the same prices for majority of the last years?

The last 2 evenings you have really shown what a first class c0ck you are. Do you fail to understand that the slight price increase isn't the problem it's the fact people are given little notice to renew for early bird prices as most we're budgeting for it to be may as it's always been the end of may at the earliest in the past?
You we're being a cnut with people last night until frosty told everyone your name was Martin Hall and you we're also being a cock about people on here on your facebook page which caused you to backtrack because people we're visiting your page to see who you are.
I budgeted for may, for me to get early bird prices means i have to borrow the rest of the money from family or the bank to pay for 4 ST's. Others i know simply can't get the money before the end of March and won't be renewing.
Now fcuk with the attitude in trying to be a keyboard warrior, because thanks to frosty a few people you have pissed off now know who you are and if some of the lads you are pissing off on here bump into you at the ground i know they won't even think twice about seeing if you are as clever to them face to face.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 01, 2010, 09:53:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Any lost ST holder is lost revenue, because if you for whatever reason can't afford one or can't justify the price rise when other committments won't go away, then you intend to pick and chose.

Picking and chosing mean you get out of the habbit of going week in week out, you lose your seat in familiar surroundings and many other factors, that make a difference whether you turn up to the next home game.

Unless it's a real big game, I can undertand why folk will be relucatant to shell out £24, and that's why it's so important that the should club cherish it's loyal ST holders.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 01, 2010, 09:57:32 pm by bobjimwilly »
Norfolk, yet again you're completing missing the main gripe we have. The fact we have been given 1 month's online notice (I haven't had a letter, has anyone else?) to stump up for the \"early bird\" price, or pay £120 etc (Cat C) to have till June 1st to pay. That is the problem. We need more time. Why can't we have till June to pay the cheaper price, like we had last year?

We aren't thick, we know why the board need money, and STH's are probably the best way of getting that money, but it is unrealistic, and a bit of a piss take, to expect it within 30 days, or charge an etc £80 (again, for Cat C STH's) for the privelege of having another month to stump up the cash.

I think the media team have f*cked up again - they were probably told to let us know before February, they forgot, and are now trying to cover their arses  :S

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 01, 2010, 09:59:01 pm by MrFrost »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Right take that step back frosty and study the world from JR and the board propective and the following is apparent ;
1) After the initial Championship season the crowds have fallen
2) We as directors cannot continue to put between us £3 million a year
3) Raising wages costs - do you realise what someone of ET costs per week?
4) A borough of £280K should be able to sell out a ground of £12K home fans (so forget the economics of your own household, there are enough sports fans in the borough to make the difference)
5) Ideally want to buy the ground but how can we do that when the fans never turn up

SO I suppose this is the cross roads and quite clearly we could drop down the leagues as soon as we come up them!!

No one said it would be easy but look down the side of the settee and cut down on few luxuries (which of course footy is) and you maybe able to afford it....all twenty pounds!

Are you completely retarded?
I have told you once my season ticket will raise MORE than £20, and by £120 if I dont renew by this pathetic deadline.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 01, 2010, 10:02:08 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Maybe all club together and get a hitman, if it means that much to to you, I am just like you, a working man that chooses not too moan but see things from others  perspective!
By the way very very happy to meet any of you but I dont fight merely with words!
Perhaps we could meet for tea or something?

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 01, 2010, 10:02:24 pm by leedshayter »
thanks for that skellow rover mr martin hall please come and see me at my seat next home game lets see how cocky u are after that!  :laugh:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 01, 2010, 10:29:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well said

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2010, 10:32:32 pm by BLIR »
leedshayter wrote:
thanks for that skellow rover mr martin hall please come and see me at my seat next home game lets see how cocky u are after that!  :laugh:

What's your seat number? I want to watch, could do with a laugh to take my mind off the football.

Will you be supplying your own handbags  :laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2010, 10:33:45 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Maybe all club together and get a hitman, if it means that much to to you, I am just like you, a working man that chooses not too moan but see things from others  perspective!

Thats rich - youve done bugger all but moan over the last 24 hours or so.

Oh! and add me to your list of so called 'Glory Fans' because I wont be renewing either, nothing to do with the pricing, but the stupidly ridiculous, and short sighted, 31 March deadline.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 01, 2010, 10:33:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Personally I think JR and the board should give in.  The fans don't want to see Rovers pushing on.  They should say fine we'll drop the prices back by the 20% our backing and the wage bill will follow suit.  Then we'll hear the criticisms of the board, manager and team for lacking ambition etc.

Take it or leave it, I've no issue if people won't pay the money, but I will have issue with these people who criticise the lack of big signings etc.  It's simple as that really.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 01, 2010, 10:39:33 pm by SkellowRover »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Personally I think JR and the board should give in.  The fans don't want to see Rovers pushing on.  They should say fine we'll drop the prices back by the 20% our backing and the wage bill will follow suit.  Then we'll hear the criticisms of the board, manager and team for lacking ambition etc.

Take it or leave it, I've no issue if people won't pay the money, but I will have issue with these people who criticise the lack of big signings etc.  It's simple as that really.

It's not the money it's the deadline for early bird st's. People don't begrudge paying a little extra, it's that fact we have only been given 4 weeks to do this or have to pay a shedload on top. In 30 years i have never known having to pay for my ST by March for a decent rate, i have never known it to be before the end of May and i also remember in the past not even being able to get one or knowing the price of a ST until July. Have you actually been reading what people are saying or just skimming through the odd bit?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 01, 2010, 10:42:53 pm by MrFrost »
SkellowRover wrote:

It's not the money it's the deadline for early bird st's. People don't begrudge paying a little extra, it's that fact we have only been given 4 weeks to do this or have to pay a shedload on top. In 30 years i have never known having to pay for my ST by March for a decent rate, i have never known it to be before the end of May and i also remember in the past not even being able to get one or knowing the price of a ST until July. Have you actually been reading what people are saying or just skimming through the odd bit?

Here here Skellow. However I do feel strongly about the hike in category C prices.

As I pointed out in an earlier thread, there are a hell of a lot of families sit in these seats, and a family of 4 will be subjected to a £350 increase unless they renew this month (which it will still be £150 increase).

How many families will do that? Not many.

I think you would find by reducing prices slightly, you would sell more, thus increasing revenue, oh and also scrapping this ridiculous early bird scheme.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 02, 2010, 11:55:44 am by bigal »
MrFrost wrote:
SkellowRover wrote:

Here here Skellow. However I do feel strongly about the hike in category C prices.

As I pointed out in an earlier thread, there are a hell of a lot of families sit in these seats, and a family of 4 will be subjected to a £350 increase unless they renew this month (which it will still be £150 increase).

How many families will do that? Not many.

I think you would find by reducing prices slightly, you would sell more, thus increasing revenue, oh and also scrapping this ridiculous early bird scheme.
Spot on Mr frost the early bird date wants extending or scrapping still paying £50 more using early bird

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 02, 2010, 12:14:52 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
\"A borough of £280K should be able to sell out a ground of £12K home fans (so forget the economics of your own household, there are enough sports fans in the borough to make the difference\"

Just to try and move the argument on, is it felt that the current season ticket offer is the best way of doing this?

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 02, 2010, 01:00:09 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Bloody Hell Norfolk, dare I suggest that if Rovers' fans do choose to jump ship on the basis of value for money and unreasonable demands from a Chairman, that there are one or too more attractive propositions than Ken \"Pay up or sod off\" Bates at Elland Road.

However, if the prospect of £27 & £32 seats for a Division 3 midweek game v Oldham Athletic does float your boat, Capn Birdseye will gladly trouser yer cash!

neil grainger

« Reply #26 on March 02, 2010, 01:20:01 pm by neil grainger »
I noticed those prices in the newspaper Wellington and couldn't help thinking that is exploitation of the fans.
The club knows they can count on a big fan base and that the majority of Leeds fans will cough up.

Ridiculous prices for Div 3 football and it puts ours into some perspective.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012