Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 06:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Everyone get a grip  (Read 6892 times)

JamieM

• Forum Member
Everyone get a grip
« on March 01, 2010, 09:59:56 pm by JamieM »
Dear me what is it with everyone moaning about season tickets for next year?

JR has explained in his letter the reason for the increase in price for season tickets, it's necessary. I quote 'the price rise reflects the board's desire and ambition to take this club forward and onto the next level'. Also, he said that the extra revenue would be spent on 'the key signings that we need'.

Jesus christ the amount of times i've heard people moaning on here about a lack of ambition from the board - well here it is.

Yes it's annoying that we have to pay an increase but how else can this push be facilitated? The board have invested £5 million over the past 2 years - they need our help.

With the enjoyment that i have gained from the Rovers over the past 8 years or so i feel like i owe them some money!

You have to credit the man's ambition - look at where he's taken us for cry sake - if he wants a bit of extra money to propel this club forward then i'll happily dig out a few quid extra without a second thought. I thought that that would be the reaction from the majority of supporters?

Also, we have ONE MONTH to get the early bird prices - everyone else is saying that this is too short. How much time do you need? The process of buying a season ticket is so simple and quick.

The question you have to ask yourself is - do you want to carry on seeing your hometown club continue their surge up the football league or are you going to sulk and carry on sucking on your dummy and pretending that people care about this oh so cruel season ticket rise. Get a grip.

Success doesn't materialise from nowhere - it has to be invested in. Deal with it. Support the club!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Re:Everyone get a grip
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 10:06:04 pm by bedale rover »
i agree with all these sentiments :)

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 10:08:18 pm by leedshayter »
i agree jamie can u lend me £280 ill give it you back in july

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 10:08:45 pm by JamieM »
Another point to add to my argument:

Rovers had the 4th lowest season ticket maximum price out of all the teams in the championsip for the 09/10 season.

You have to dish out £700 a year for the likes of QPR and Ipswich.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 10:10:44 pm by Nudga »
I think i'll just stick to paying on the day thanks.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2010, 10:11:28 pm by MrFrost »
JamieM wrote:

JR has explained in his letter the reason for the increase in price for season tickets, it's necessary. I quote 'the price rise reflects the board's desire and ambition to take this club forward and onto the next level'. Also, he said that the extra revenue would be spent on 'the key signings that we need'.

Jesus christ the amount of times i've heard people moaning on here about a lack of ambition from the board - well here it is.

Yes it's annoying that we have to pay an increase but how else can this push be facilitated? The board have invested £5 million over the past 2 years - they need our help.

With the enjoyment that i have gained from the Rovers over the past 8 years or so i feel like i owe them some money!

You have to credit the man's ambition - look at where he's taken us for cry sake - if he wants a bit of extra money to propel this club forward then i'll happily dig out a few quid extra without a second thought. I thought that that would be the reaction from the majority of supporters?

Also, we have ONE MONTH to get the early bird prices - everyone else is saying that this is too short. How much time do you need? The process of buying a season ticket is so simple and quick.

The question you have to ask yourself is - do you want to carry on seeing your hometown club continue their surge up the football league or are you going to sulk and carry on sucking on your dummy and pretending that people care about this oh so cruel season ticket rise. Get a grip.

Success doesn't materialise from nowhere - it has to be invested in. Deal with it. Support the club!

Its not the process that people are complaining about. Its having a month to find the money. Take a family of four with Cat C seats. Pushing a £200 increase on last year and they have to find the money within a month or the prices rise to a crazy 50% increase on this season.

The rises in Cat A are fine, i've no problem with that, but that category C rises cannot be justified.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 10:13:47 pm by jucyberry »
JamieM wrote:

Only simple and quick if you have the cash...Most people are paid monthly, mostly towards the end of the month at that.  Not so many will have the extra chinking around in the bottom of their wage packets.

thin bird

« Reply #7 on March 01, 2010, 10:15:16 pm by thin bird »

Well said at last someone talking sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2010, 10:16:13 pm by MrFrost »
To put Cat C into perspective. A family of 4 (2 adults and kids over 12) Face a £350 hike compared to this season if they don't renew this month.

Even if they do renew this month its already a hike of £140.

We are pricing families out.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2010, 10:17:08 pm by JamieM »
True i cannot defend the rise in Cat C but people sitting there have had a good time of it for the last few seasons. £30 season ticket for under 11's? Whilst it's brlliant for families with young children it's no way to run a business.

I think the whole idea of the cheap Cat C was to encourage families with youngsters to the Keepmoat.

It was only a matter of time for Cat C - the previous prices were too good to be true. However, maybe a series of annual installments would have been a better idea instead of a full on £200 all at one go.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2010, 10:17:57 pm by RTID75 »
Whilst the price rise is not something I am exactly over the moon over, I can live with it, and although I think the logic will have the reverse effect of reducing season ticket sales, I don't really begrudge the club the price rise.

The fact we have a month to get the money together (in my case £440) with no prior warning before the price goes up again, is, in my opinion, not right. Can you afford to spend that much money of one month's pay? If so, you're a richer person than I - good for you, but don't treat everyone like they can pull serious amounts of cash out of nowhere in such a short space of time.

Like I also said elsewhere, I have had no official notice from Rovers as yet either. If it weren't for the internet I'd not know and I'd have even less notice.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2010, 10:18:10 pm by Nudga »
Me and my missus have just been through our bank statement this evening and have shaved a few \"luxeries\" off, like pet insurance and re-financing existing loans and getting rid of sky tv. Our monthly out goings are still £1350, not a lot of spare money about i'm afraid. If folk can afford it then great, but others shouldn't berate the ones who can't, and the club should realise that fans aren't made of money.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 01, 2010, 10:19:19 pm by SkellowRover »
JamieM wrote:

I budgeted for my ST's to be paid for my the end of may as they are every year at the early bird prices. I knew there would be an increase so for my 4 ST's (1 adult, 1 consc, 1 12-16 & 1 u'11) so i had planed to put £230 away this month, £230 in April and a further £230 in May to cover this.

My 4 ST's this season come to £665 at early bird prices which is great because that's roughly what i had budgeted for to pay at the end of May. Now the club are telling me to fcuk off, for the first time in our history you won't have until the end of may as the earliest cut off point for early bird prices, instead you have 4 weeks and if you don't pay by then we will charge you an extra £160!!!!!

So i have to borrow £435 this month from family or the bank to get my 4 ST's at early bird prices or find an extra £160 which i havn't budgeted for and will struggle to find.

And everyone i have spoken too and 99% of the people posting on here are in the same boat, it's not the money it's the pathetic amount of time we have been given by the club if we don't want to have a £160 increase because they are incapable of being realistic and giving supporters more then 4 weeks notice.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 01, 2010, 10:20:25 pm by MrFrost »
I know alot of families who go to the Rovers (2 adults and kids)
If they buy after the so called early bird for the same Cat C seats as they had this season they will pay a total of £1030 instead of £680.

You can imagine the queue's now.

dijit8

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 01, 2010, 10:22:55 pm by dijit8 »
I got one of these credit cards a few years ago.

0% interest on season tickets

http://www.barclaysfootball.co.uk/

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 01, 2010, 10:25:13 pm by BobG »
Don't mean to pry Nudga, but surely 're-financing existing loans' is exactly what you, and others, should do to help pay for next years' ST? I've just done that for somone I know and she's knocked well over 70 quid a month off through doing really simple things  - and she only earns about 250 quid a week.

BobG

kyle17balby

« Reply #16 on March 01, 2010, 10:26:37 pm by kyle17balby »
im going for it :) only 150 quid but i supose its worth it to see rovers :)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 01, 2010, 10:27:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'll remind you of JR statement.

\"We need to improve our fan base paticularly on season ticket sales\"

Can someone explain to me how season ticket sales will be improved to achieve this objective ?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 01, 2010, 10:31:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'll be doing it, my simple saving that I do every year means I'll be able to afford it again.  I've had to cut a few more things out my lifestyle this year to do the things I want to do, pretty simple really.  I do think there's a lack of financial planning in our society, people should think a little longer term, unfortunately most don't.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 01, 2010, 10:33:13 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I can't wait for the matchday prices to be announced.  :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 01, 2010, 10:33:25 pm by MrFrost »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
I'll be doing it, my simple saving that I do every year means I'll be able to afford it again.  I've had to cut a few more things out my lifestyle this year to do the things I want to do, pretty simple really.  I do think there's a lack of financial planning in our society, people should think a little longer term, unfortunately most don't.

I'm actually surprised no one has mentioned the vast increase for a family who go to watch the Rovers. potentially £350 in category C. Is that justified? How many families could afford that, even if they have tried to budget?

The families I know who go now will NOT shell out over a grand for season tickets.

JamieM

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 01, 2010, 10:36:15 pm by JamieM »
Unfortunately i'm not that rich RTID, i just anticipated an increased ST rise and have saved accordingly. I only have to buy 2 so it's not so bad i suppose.

I do have empathy for others who have to pay for families Nudga, your making me out to be an ignorant right-winger!

I just feel that everyone is overreacting on this one, making it out to be a swirling vortex of impending doom, when actually it's just a modest price rise if you sort your organised about it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 01, 2010, 11:12:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
dijit8 wrote:
I got one of these credit cards a few years ago.

0% interest on season tickets

http://www.barclaysfootball.co.uk/

No point in telling us. They've stopped doing them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 01, 2010, 11:15:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
JamieM wrote:

I'll just cut'n'paste what I've already said in another thread.

Oh, and btw, it's not the increase that bothers me, I expected it this year. It's the dishonourable way the club has acted to it's loyalest customers.

a Cat A STH, and on a MONTHLY salary.

This has completely stuffed up any financial planning I've got - and I'm booked to have a new boiler installed at £1400 next week. Suddenly I'm expected to find another £440 at the drop of a non-existant hint. And I only know about this because I happen to come on this site - how many hundreds in my situation still have no inkling about this at all because DRFC cares not a jot about telling anyone?

Thanks for FCUK ALL, whoever is responsible for this kick in the teeth.

Unless, of course, the intended effect was ALWAYS to make people have to cough up the higher amount. Which would be morally bankrupt and another kick in the teeth.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 01, 2010, 11:18:22 pm by MrFrost »
Can I just ask, do people think the Cat C increases after July are reasonable?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 02, 2010, 01:10:02 am by CusworthRovers »
No I don't.

I will be renewing and I count as your heavily featured family of 4 in Cat C. I'm not here to gloat and fully understand the cost implications felt by all. Each to their own on how much they can afford and how much they value their private family needs against following DRFC.
We all have different limits/values on how much we can afford to spend on following Rovers. I wouldn't knock anybody who couldn't afford it and instead put a greater emphasis on personal outgoings centred around their households.

I have had times in my life when I couldn't afford to scratch my arse and Rovers were the last thing on my mind. I've had times in my life when work or having young kids (babies) as been far more important than DRFC even when I've had the cash.

A few factors:

The kids pricing structure has been way under priced for some time now.
We have had no significant rise in ST's for how many seasons?
We still look very good value in comparable to any other CCC club, inclusive of the, shall we say, Northern working class area clubs.

To think we could stay at the same price or even have a reduction in price (which we would all like) whilst ever we are in CCC is pure fantasy in all honesty. It was always coming folks IMO, more surpised, as many on here were, that it has never risen whilst in the CCC. Regardless of any gimmicks/quotes that we get a free Prem ST or all the money is needed to jetison us up the table with quality signings is immaterial, be it to happen or not IMO. The price will need to go up anyway looking at the current market.

Yes, it makes you whince, but it's been coming IMO and we have got away with it until now.

The marketing of this new scheme has been utter shite, granted. The deadline is tight, granted. Some may say (and it's a fair point) that we have had probs 9 months to save for a ST, if we know it's always a struggle to fork out a large amount at once, why wait til the last minute, then scream blue murder.

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 02, 2010, 06:58:25 am by en aitch »
Every year there is the \"moan\" about the pricing, but it isn't about the money this time, it's about the timing. As many have said bringing it forward to March 31 takes away 2 months of sensible budgeting - If you're going to do it, tell us at the fecking start of the season, not near the end!

On a purely selfish note, if lots of CatC people aren't renewing I may give up my Cat A and make a suitable saving by moving to the corner ;)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 02, 2010, 07:37:24 am by mushRTID »
i had the barclays footy credit card last year and have assumed as they are not taking new orders they dont do that anymore. My sainsburys credit card is on order, 10 months 0% interest. Just hope theres no charge for using it.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 02, 2010, 08:35:45 am by nice one rovers »
This forum is becoming dominated by proper moaners.   It's only a month earlier than the usual renewal date.    Not many things in life go down in price,and we've been getting really good value for the money. Get on with it, if you can afford the season ticket, buy it. If you can't ,dont.       Go watch Moorends stingers instead, thats cheaper.    Stop moaning, or phone praise or grumble with your negativity.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 02, 2010, 08:51:19 am by DaveDRFC »
mushRTID wrote:
i had the barclays footy credit card last year and have assumed as they are not taking new orders they dont do that anymore. My sainsburys credit card is on order, 10 months 0% interest. Just hope theres no charge for using it.

If you've already got the Barclaycard you'll have no problem mate, they still honour the offer to existing cardholders, that's what I did last year. Mine doesn't expire until next year so I could put my tickets on that, but I am still loathe to do it as even though it's interest free you still have to pay it back! I only fully paid off this season's last week and now they want my money for next season already!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012