Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 10:47:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Could JET be our beckford..??  (Read 2649 times)

kyle17balby

Could JET be our beckford..??
« on March 06, 2010, 07:20:02 pm by kyle17balby »
anyone seeing the signs a young talented player ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Re:Could JET be our beckford..??
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2010, 07:44:32 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Could JET (sounds like a bleedin' gladiator) become a stroppy 3rd Division class striker, who's not happy playing for the team he's with, and infuriates supporters with indifferent performances?

Odd question.

I suppose he could, but his attitude seems spot on and he's got too much talent to become that bad so quickly.

Why so negative after such a great performance?  ;)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2010, 07:45:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Unfortunately, Mr Wenger is! Though on reading through some posts by arsenal fans about him, I'd say the majority were of the mind that he'd not quite got the potential to make it to their first team. But he'd easily make it into some other prem teams, I think.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2010, 09:31:20 pm by Old Popsider »
Bristol Red Rover wrote:
Unfortunately, Mr Wenger is! Though on reading through some posts by arsenal fans about him, I'd say the majority were of the mind that he'd not quite got the potential to make it to their first team. But he'd easily make it into some other prem teams, I think.

Easily make it into our squad/team by all accounts.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2010, 09:45:38 pm by northern soul »
Recently signed a new 2 year contract with the gunners, so not sure where he stands. Best bet is for a year long loan next season??

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 07, 2010, 01:20:20 am by Old Popsider »
northern soul wrote:
Recently signed a new 2 year contract with the gunners, so not sure where he stands. Best bet is for a year long loan next season??

Pal of mine at work is a Gunners nut and says that Jay is being loaned out to keep him fit and to improve his techniques in mid-field.

Jay has been a up and coming star player ever since he joined Arsenal youth set up. He's captained their U18 side.

Wenger has great expectations of him, and sees him as an Arsenal first team player in the near future, maybe by mid season next season.

Aparently when on loan at Blackpool he didn't fit in very well and that's why they let him go. Their loss is our gain perhaps?  

Jay's inital loan is for a month.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 07, 2010, 08:51:06 am by Barmby Rover »

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2010, 08:54:02 am by Barmby Rover »
kyle17balby wrote:
anyone seeing the signs a young talented player ;)

Sorry folks, cock up on the technical front, (me)

I think a certain Mr. Wenger beat you to that one! He is here to improve and play in a competitive atmosphere because he finds the reserve and youth team too easy. If he carries on in yesterday's vein next season I could see him in the Arsenal line up more often and not seeing the sight of the second tier again.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 07, 2010, 09:36:49 am by idler »
What about JET doing so well here that Arsenal are very impressed with our set up so that he  is the first of a few to be brought onwards and upwards by SOD and ROK. That was a long sentence. :)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 07, 2010, 09:38:08 am by Dutch Uncle »
And if he carries on as spectacularly successful as yesterday - maybe the first of several from the Emirates to Donny? Wenger must be prettty pleased right now

TinyPortal © 2005-2012