Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:08:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cardioversion  (Read 3033 times)

jucyberry

• VSC Member
Cardioversion
« on March 10, 2010, 09:32:44 pm by jucyberry »
Well, after months of struggling to get my blood thin enough to have the cardioversion done finally I went for my pre op on monday... After THREE ecg's the rather perplexed nurse informed my that my heart has juddered back into it's normal rhythm . She then went off to consult an aniethiest (sp) the upshot being that I didn't have the procedure.

Now, I know I should be glad that I  don't need it at the moment and I am, but I'm so pee'd off too, for one I have been pumping shed loads of horrible drugs into my system since August for nothing, and secondly it means that there is a posibility that it will come back and I'll have to go through the whole thing again. Added to which I'm still on the wretched drugs till I get the word from my consultant.

Tbh I feel like I have been clinging on to a window sill thinking I'm ten storeys up, absolutely crapping my self with fear only to find out I'm an inch off the ground, the feeling anti climax is unbelieveable..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re:Cardioversion
« Reply #1 on March 11, 2010, 10:33:51 am by River Don »
Well at least it's normal now without having to go through the procedure, you've got to look on the brightside you may not need it at all.

I might have missed this Juicy but what's your problem with the old ticker?  I'm guessing since you're been thinning your blood it's some sort of circulation problem? Could a change of diet and improved fitness help perhaps, or is it something else?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 11, 2010, 01:28:45 pm by jucyberry »
I had an ahrrythemia, basically my heart would beat really fast for about five beats then stop for around two, so fast that you could see it juddering at the pulse in my throat.

depressing thing is, since August  the pills have made me gain weight, so have that to lose, as you rightly say getting healthy will be a great help as my bp has always been high... It's so galling however to think that me puffing and panting isn't cos of the heart but cos I'm a dollop..lol

Mind you, in my own defence, I was told by my consultant not to try to lose weight whilst they were trying to stabalise my blood.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2010, 04:49:43 pm by River Don »
Blimey, the juddering pulse thing sounds frightening. Hopefully it's all stabilised now and they can cut the drugs or at least put you on something less powerful. Fingers crossed.

I bet you'll have no trouble losing weight when you get the all-clear after this lot!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 11, 2010, 05:19:25 pm by i_ateallthepies »
fcuk me Don, you've got all the best chat-up lines :woohoo:

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 11, 2010, 06:55:22 pm by jucyberry »
River Don wrote:
Blimey, the juddering pulse thing sounds frightening. Hopefully it's all stabilised now and they can cut the drugs or at least put you on something less powerful. Fingers crossed.

I bet you'll have no trouble losing weight when you get the all-clear after this lot!

Lets hope anyway.. If I had been an anorexic twiglet I wouldn't mind so much, but I've always been a sturdy little pit pony..lol

Mind you, to be able to sit up later than nine o'clock with out feeling dizzy and nauseaus would be good too..
just want rid of all the pills thats all. :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012