Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:05:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scottish Cup Final.  (Read 1721 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Scottish Cup Final.
« on March 21, 2010, 08:11:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Well....well...well...what a suprise that was eh? A Rangers Victory - couldnt have seen that coming.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/8576203.stm

...even a nine man Rangers v 11 man St Mirren and the Glasgow side still emerge victorious.

Is the Scottish League THE worst/ most uncompetitive in the entire Footballing world??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re:Scottish Cup Final.
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2010, 08:32:18 am by The Red Baron »
9 v 11. Obviously some kind of handicap system. At least it ensured a closer game than might have been expected.

Someone at the Scottish FA must have made a c*ck-up as Scottish Cup Finals are usually like the University Boat Race- the same two teams (i.e. the Old Firm) every year! Maybe they forgot to warm the Celtic ball before the draw!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2010, 09:02:25 am by Rios »
The Red Baron wrote:
Someone at the Scottish FA must have made a c*ck-up as Scottish Cup Finals are usually like the University Boat Race- the same two teams (i.e. the Old Firm) every year!

Unlike the English Premier League which is competed for by three teams...  I'm not disuputing that the SPL is a farce and that the old firm have completely outgrown the structure in Scotland, but those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  The English Premiership might have some of the most exciting football and biggest names in european football, but let's not pretend that the likes of Tottenham are any more likely to win the Premiership than Hearts or Aberdeen are to win the SPL.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2010, 01:45:03 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Rios wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:
Someone at the Scottish FA must have made a c*ck-up as Scottish Cup Finals are usually like the University Boat Race- the same two teams (i.e. the Old Firm) every year!

Unlike the English Premier League which is competed for by three teams...  I'm not disuputing that the SPL is a farce and that the old firm have completely outgrown the structure in Scotland, but those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  The English Premiership might have some of the most exciting football and biggest names in european football, but let's not pretend that the likes of Tottenham are any more likely to win the Premiership than Hearts or Aberdeen are to win the SPL.

Granted....but I was talking about the Scottish Cup in this instance.

Remind me again who's left in our FA Cup this year??

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2010, 02:01:53 pm by DonnyNoel »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Rios wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:

If Chelsea win the cup this year then 18 out of the last 20 will have been won by the big 4 (who are also now starting to show more in the league cup as well). Only Everton and Pompey have broke the domination since Spurs won it in 91.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2010, 09:25:38 pm by Rios »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Rios wrote:
The Red Baron wrote:

Apart from Portsmouth who pretty much got a free pass to winning it a couple of seasons back, when was the last \"non-big-team\" to win it?

As for the English cup competitions, foreign managers have made the FA Cup a shadow of the mighty competition it once was.  For all their faults at least the Old Firm put out their first teams in cup competitions... although this maybe more to do with the SFA being more likely to punish them as the English FA is pretty impotent when it comes to dealing with the big four and instead pick on the likes of Wolves for doing the same thing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012