Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:50:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bargain paintings....  (Read 2514 times)

Dickie Dido

• Forum Member
Bargain paintings....
« on March 21, 2010, 08:16:44 pm by Dickie Dido »
my wife returned home ever so excited from the car boot this morning. Proudly she ripped off the brown paper to reveal an old and battered picture of a policeman. His uniform was typical 18th century, and because of this she was convinced that it was a genuine Constable. She said that the stall holder only wanted a fiver for it but she felt guilty and gave her £75 to ease her conscience.

She said that she simply had to buy it because she knew that I wouldn't have turned such a bargain down had I been there.
She was over the moon because she thought she had surpassed the bargain that I got once.......an old picture of a bloke working on a Lathe. That was £150 well spent and is in my loft building up value day by day......It's not every day you come across a Turner at a car boot is it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:Bargain paintings....
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2010, 01:05:41 am by RobTheRover »
Too high brow for this site, mate.

Biggles

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2010, 01:23:03 pm by Biggles »
Pollocks to high brow!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2010, 10:39:14 pm by Mike_F »
I almost bought a painting of  ginner bird with her norks out at Oldcotes car boot on Sunday. The fella was only asking a fiver for it - I asked him four times who the artist was but he just kept sneezing so I gave up and left it.  B)

Mind you I did have a bit of a result when the old dear next door was having a clear out. I'd always been complimentary about a blurred painting of a lily pond on her dining room wall and she said she was going to throw it out so I may as well have it. It was Monet for nothing.

With that and a few others I'm building quite a collection now. I've got two Monets, four Hockneys, a couple of Dalis but just one Canaletto.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012