Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:32:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Davies Deserves Medal  (Read 1905 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Davies Deserves Medal
« on March 23, 2010, 12:26:27 pm by rtid88 »
Davies deserves medal
Forest boss feels promotion is a big ask
By Chris Burton   Last updated: 23rd March 2010    

Davies: Difficult job

Billy Davies feels he would be deserving of an OBE were he to guide Nottingham Forest to promotion.

The experienced Scot has the Reds well-placed to make the step up into the Premier League, as they currently sit third in the Championship.

A recent wobble on the road has put a serious dent in their hopes of securing automatic promotion, but a play-off place is virtually guaranteed.

Success has been achieved with a thin squad, with injuries having rocked the Reds at crucial times.

Davies has also seen his hands tied in the market, with Forest's much-maligned transfer committee failing to back their boss in January.

He feels Forest are 'punching above their weight' heading down the final stretch and admits the odds are stacked against his side securing a place in the top-flight.

Proud
\"If we can finish the job off, it'll be a remarkable achievement,\" Davies said.

\"If that happens, I'll get an MBE, an OBE and a visit to see the Pope.

\"At Derby and Preston (his former clubs) the squads were much deeper at this stage. We're punching above our weight but we're proud of what we've done.\"

Davies missed Saturday's post-game press conference, following a 1-0 win over Peterborough, sending assistant David Kelly to speak with the media instead.

He had been openly critical of the Forest board once again ahead of the match, but insists that had no bearing on his decision to steer away from the limelight.

\"I wasn't hiding or avoiding questions, I stand by comments,\" he said.

What a numpty!! Yeah a really difficult job, I wish SOD had £8 million to spend on players and have a massive stadium to create constant revenue!! If he thinks he deserves a bloody OBE then SOD definitely needs to be knighting or even become Lord Sean O'Driscoll.

I can't stand this bloke, a complete and utter pillock!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re:Davies Deserves Medal
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2010, 12:35:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
rtid88 wrote:

SOD definitely needs to be knighting or even become Lord Sean O'Driscoll.

Considering the pain he inflicts on other teams, he ought to be the Marquis de SO'D

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2010, 01:24:24 pm by en aitch »
He also said this in a separate article:
Davies reiterated his belief that his board of directors missed a trick by failing to sanction team-strengthening in January.

Davies said: \"When you go 20 games undefeated and you go second in the league and you've got the best momentum and you're playing the best football in the division and you come off with a 3-1 result against West Brom on January 8, then, in my opinion, we needed three players.

\"Now that's not an excuse, that's a fact. I said then we needed three players.

\"Since then, we've lost influential club captain (Paul McKenna) and replacing him is a must.\"

Davies added: \"Whatever happened in January was entirely up to the owners of the club. All I could do was recommend and advise and unfortunately things never happened.

\"But as a manager I will always do the best I can with what I've got and between now and the end of the season I will work as hard as I can\"

Now I'm not a fan of Billy Davies, but journalists are good at selecting sections of conversations to provide \"good press\".

The expectations of the Forest board & the fans need to be managed - he is declaring to the supporters that he has his hands tied.

He also asked the Forest Board to sanction a \"Scouting Network\" in Scotland (also denied) - he may know full well what his budgets are, but it is his head that the fickle Nottingham fans will want should all go to f**k - so he is spouting forth to get the defense mechanisms in place - we all know that Forest have more resourse than many/most in this division but they also have high demands.

I don't blame him for telling everyone that will listen that he feels that his job has been made extremely difficult - he'd be stupid to go on record saying that it is a piece of piss and any idiot could do it.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2010, 02:14:52 pm by River Don »
Last night on 5 Live John Ryan reckoned Forest have spent big and damn well ought to be challenging...

Uredz

« Reply #4 on March 23, 2010, 02:22:27 pm by Uredz »
Personally I can't stand the arrogant Ronnie Corbett-esque jumped up little umpah lumpah

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2010, 02:23:23 pm by The Red Baron »
River Don wrote:
Last night on 5 Live John Ryan reckoned Forest have spent big and damn well ought to be challenging...

Fully agree. Look at the money they spent in the summer. They should not expect to finish out of the top six (not that I think they will!)

Davies SHOULD win an award though- for being the biggest spouter of hot air in the Championship.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2010, 02:26:32 pm by bedale rover »
The Red Baron wrote:
River Don wrote:

Fully agree. Look at the money they spent in the summer. They should not expect to finish out of the top six (not that I think they will!)

Davies SHOULD win an award though- for being the biggest spouter of hot air in the Championship.

i think the word you are looking for is gobshite :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012