Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:55:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: For women only  (Read 2718 times)

redflag

For women only
« on March 31, 2010, 03:36:51 pm by redflag »
Vital info for upcoming World Cup. The offside rule explained for girls:

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The 'opposing' female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire.

Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be totally rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes.

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and, *whilst it is in flight* you could nip around the other shopper,
catch the purse and buy the shoes.

Always remembering that until the purse had *actually been thrown* it would be plain wrong to be forward of the other shopper

;)

;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re:For women only
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2010, 04:05:29 pm by bobjimwilly »
Excellent!  :P

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2010, 04:09:14 pm by en aitch »
but if she has another friend closer to the shoes who is not interested in buying them ....... is that OK?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2010, 04:11:50 pm by Filo »
en aitch wrote:
but if she has another friend closer to the shoes who is not interested in buying them ....... is that OK?

It depends if her position is seen to be interfering with the flight of the purse

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2010, 04:15:19 pm by CusworthRovers »
Ahhhh, and also if she tripped the other female over, whilst the female was clean through on the purse........should she walk?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2010, 04:25:19 pm by Filo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Ahhhh, and also if she tripped the other female over, whilst the female was clean through on the purse........should she walk?

I think that`s a straight red cussy and a mandatory 3 weekend ban from all shoe shops, instore cctv  camera`s cannot be used as evidence in any appeal because the Shoe Retailers association refuse to use instore technology

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2010, 04:28:20 pm by en aitch »
Isn't it just a one weekend ban for tripping - surely the 3 w/e ban is for chinning the unsuspecting filly whilst she has her eye on the Jimmy Choos?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2010, 04:31:57 pm by Filo »
en aitch wrote:
Isn't it just a one weekend ban for tripping - surely the 3 w/e ban is for chinning the unsuspecting filly whilst she has her eye on the Jimmy Choos?

PMSL :laugh:

Yep my mistake it is a one weekend ban, unless she`s done the same previously and recieved a straight red

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2010, 05:22:27 pm by Sandy Lane »
:-)

Just a thought though…  If said friend throws the purse at any point and you catch it, it then becomes a ‘hand’ purse and since you’re in the cash register/till zone, the other shopper automatically gets to get the friends purse and run it to the till first!  At which point, since I need the shoes desperately, I get to take my place in front of the till and deflect said purse!  But then my friend (wanting to borrow said shoes) stands nearer the till, and tries to deflect said purse, then it’s back to square 1.   Correct?  :-)

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2010, 05:35:30 pm by en aitch »
My opinion (only an opinion though :) ) is that deliberate \"hand\" purse is a sending off offence - you would need to control the purse on your chest then volley it into the till to progress your argument. ...

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2010, 05:58:21 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
All of this assumes one of the shoppers isn't from Newcastle.

In which case the shop assistant will ignore any pleas of wrong doing from the non-geordie shoe fanatic and hand over the heels to the North Eastern Choo fancier.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2010, 06:02:56 pm by Sandy Lane »
No, it wasn't a deliberate hand purse!  Really ref!!  I was an over exuberant shoe shopper.  But as it turned our, the other shopper's friend threw her the purse, which she missed but tipped it into the back of the till!!  So at this point, I not only get the shoes, but buy them with the other Shoppers friend's money!!  Easy!!  :-)

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2010, 06:12:48 pm by Sandy Lane »

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 31, 2010, 09:28:46 pm by Wellred »
Interesting to see who replied to a post headed \"For women only?\"

Filo

• VSC Member