Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:37:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Proud  (Read 3020 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Proud
« on April 05, 2010, 06:09:30 pm by philsky »
Never really expected us to make the play offs but another solid season on a modest budget.

No Woods or Stock or Sharp was bound to be an issue for us in these latter stages and Im sure that a small squad like ours as done as well as we could have hoped.

Im exceptionally proud of the lads and management and directors and look forward to another season in the upper reaches of the football pyramid and having \"enjoyed\" days at Hayes and Welling and seen us be a laughing stock at places like Orient I thank my lucky stars.

Tie us Oster and a couple of nifty signings (Shackell and a stricker) and maybe retain Stock and Woods and Id hope we'd be set fair for next season. Really need to think about a goalkeeper quite soon too.

RTID

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

kenrockrover

• Forum Member
Re:Proud
« Reply #1 on April 05, 2010, 06:27:09 pm by kenrockrover »
A good honest opinion and just like me believe we must not become greedy too quickly,couple of new players in the summer, lets do the sensible thing and be patient,and also keep hold of SOD & ROK

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 05, 2010, 06:27:53 pm by northern soul »
I agree.

Another season of improvement. I class this season as such, as we lost a couple of key squad members last year, and did have a few moments of concern when we did. This close season should be interesting, as Sean (I hope he stays) has the chance to reshape the squad somewhat with the amount of players out of contract.
I think that these last few games have just been a step too far, and the thin squad we've got has just felt the strain, but that aside, it has been another cracking season.

redmist

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 05, 2010, 06:49:55 pm by redmist »
I agree with all of the above comments, next season could be very interesting indeed if we keep the right players/management and add a couple of shrewd signings....we could have got something today against a very good side in their own backyard....even without key players.

Could be worse eh Wednesdeh! :woohoo:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 05, 2010, 07:00:50 pm by DonnyNoel »
Agreed, an incredible season and a good improvement. If you'd said we'd lose Wellens, Mills and have Stock injured for a significant time but still be comfortably mid table around the likes of Sheff Utd and Middlesbrough I wouldn't have believed it.

I'm never sure on this \"couple more\" signings thing though, when you look at the benches of some of the play off sides there's some real strength in depth. That said, a couple of signings and a couple more loans of the same quality as this season and who knows....

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 05, 2010, 07:11:22 pm by MrFrost »
We could potentially lose alot of players who are out of contract at the end of the season. This will mean alot of new players having to come in. As I understand, 12 are out of contract, of which I can see 7 leaving. Take away the loanee's and you are looking at having to add 9 or maybe 10 players. Maybe more when you consider how small our squad is, and how we have suffered with that.
Its going to be very interesting.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 05, 2010, 07:30:15 pm by Pintolager »
I know this is going to upset a few people, but will we see the departures of players such as Stock and Woods? SO'D as gone on record saying that players will leave but with money available from such departures, it will help fund signings. One step back could mean 2 steps forwards depending on which players the management have in mind on bringing in. It could help the signings of players such as Sharp and Shackell plus others. Some interesting decisions are going to be made over the next couple of months but I am sure that they will be for the better in the long run.

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 05, 2010, 07:36:55 pm by donnybel »
Agree with that totally Pintolager, I've got to say the possibility of losing Stock and Woods doesn't worry me so much cos we've managed really well without them. It's very noticable to me how much we could do with Shakell and Sharp being signed up and keeping hold of players such as Oster and O'Connor to name but a few.

Boycie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 05, 2010, 09:39:21 pm by Boycie »
Agree with all the comments regarding what has been a very good season, now we know which league we are in next season we should sort out contracts ASAP for the players we want to keep eg Oster.
I can see several new faces coming in next season, I presume we will have the usual nail-biting last minute signings although if they are like this seasons (Oster) I wouldn't complain.

Just off this topic I know we are down to the bare bones on the bench, but does bringing Heffs back mean Billy is out for the remaining 4 games?

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 05, 2010, 11:58:56 pm by Old Popsider »
Boycie wrote:
Agree with all the comments regarding what has been a very good season, now we know which league we are in next season we should sort out contracts ASAP for the players we want to keep eg Oster.
I can see several new faces coming in next season, I presume we will have the usual nail-biting last minute signings although if they are like this seasons (Oster) I wouldn't complain.

Just off this topic I know we are down to the bare bones on the bench, but does bringing Heffs back mean Billy is out for the remaining 4 games?

According to some earlier posts, Billy has been limping quite badly around the KMS, seems to be something that will keep him out for the remainder of the season.

Let's hope JR can squeeze some cash from somewhere and buy Billy. He's been missed since he's been out.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 06, 2010, 08:22:51 am by CusworthRovers »
Yep, I'm in with this love in.

The full time loss of MM and RW.
A season that's seen our dream midfield (BS, RW, MW, JS), that took on the CCC last season, obliterated for the entire season.
A season that has seen us having to play and settle in a brand new loan striker.
A season that has seen half of it, having to play a right back at CH.
A season that has seen us having to settle in a loan CH and a new signing CH.
A season where the squad has suffered many a injury than normal.
A season where the CCC league was stronger than the last season.

All this and we have improved and moved on again, on the pitch.

Well done DRFC.

I think there are only 2 asks from me. We need to keep Ryan and SOD/ROK. I feel the rest will fall into place (somehow, someway), as long as that permutation stays in place.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 06, 2010, 09:31:58 am by Wellred »
Old Popsider wrote:
Boycie wrote:

According to some earlier posts, Billy has been limping quite badly around the KMS, seems to be something that will keep him out for the remainder of the season.

Let's hope JR can squeeze some cash from somewhere and buy Billy. He's been missed since he's been out.

If its a long term injury then we will definitely be signing him  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 06, 2010, 09:37:13 am by Filo »
Wellred wrote:
Old Popsider wrote:
Boycie wrote:

If its a long term injury then we will definitely be signing him  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Brooker must be due a testimonial for his long and loyal service  :laugh:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 06, 2010, 09:38:43 am by Wellred »
He must be the best paid player at the club based on his appearance time.

vikingwill

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 06, 2010, 10:09:13 am by vikingwill »
I think we are all agreed on what a good season it has been for us. :)  

For me the best thing that could happen next season is us keeping SOD. Worst case scenario would be him going to a fairly low premiership club (e.g Wigan) and nicking all of our players who would do well there. Hopefully we will sign shackell next season as he has been told he is leaving Wolves, as it was that amazing clean sheet run we went through with him in the team and when he left because of injury we let about 9 in, in the next 3 games. Obviously we must try and get Billy and get Oster on a longer term contract.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012