Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:39:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JET - Keep or return to sender?  (Read 3050 times)

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
JET - Keep or return to sender?
« on April 19, 2010, 04:24:29 pm by Old Popsider »
For me he's an bloody idle t**t.

At Ipswich he put a couple of good corners in and a few half decent passes but whenever play was not near him he just wandered about. He made very little effort to get forward into positions where he could help out in any attacking movement. Seems to me he thinks he's too good to bother putting any effort in for a team lower than Arsenal.

Return him to Arsene, looks like he may be needed there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Smeg

• Forum Member
Re:JET - Keep or return to sender?
« Reply #1 on April 19, 2010, 04:39:36 pm by Smeg »
I disagree completely.

Rovers need to establish links with big clubs as we don't have the budget to compete. I'll concede that his work rate is sometimes lacking but he offers a genuine threat that other players do not. I think you need to look at the long term picture.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 19, 2010, 04:52:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd keep him.  A squad needs a mix of hard workers and those who have that little bit to create something from nothing.  JET gives us that.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 19, 2010, 05:42:40 pm by donnievic »
Not sure we will be able to carry him for the full season with the effort he puts in when we haven't got the ball,not to bad if we are 3-0 up to have the luxury of him in the side and yeah he does like good at times when he has the ball but not sure we can afford to carry that sort of player in the long run

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 19, 2010, 05:55:02 pm by grayx »
I'd keep him,but make him EARN his starting place by showing more effort. Until then, I'd let him warm the bench & use him as an impact player who can produce that bit of magic.

Smeg

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 19, 2010, 06:32:02 pm by Smeg »
A lot of clubs insist that their loaned players appear in every fixture subject to fitness which is fair enough.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 19, 2010, 07:25:18 pm by StocktonRover »
Definately keep him if the opportunity arises.
Whilst his percieved effort is questioned, his ability to turn a game is plain to see.

As far as his effort goes, he can appear to be jogging whilst in reality he is moving at the same speed as others who appear to be sprinting - his bambi legs remind me in some ways of Faustino Asprilla when at Newastle - most agreed that he appeared to not know what he was going to do until it happened - but he made an impact.

As already mentioned - if we can develop him further and then hand him back, it will only serve to feed a convetor belt of raw talent.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 19, 2010, 08:58:40 pm by DonnyNoel »
I'd keep him. Despite sharing the same reservations as many on here about his workrate, he has a quality in the final third that sometimes we lack as a team. He may have to get used to a sub role in some away games but certainly a player worth having.

My only reservation would be would Arsenal letting him come back. As I've said before, we play him in a role he loves but perhaps that doesn't lead to him pushing his boundaries with regards to the weaker aspects of his game which is perhaps what a parent club might want. I certainly wouldn't object to them sending us JET again or Lansbury though!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 19, 2010, 09:04:55 pm by mushRTID »
He was doinig sod all against West Brom then a little bit of magic and we had a goal back.

Definatly worth keeping, maybe we can get one of his Arsenal chums too to keep him company up north!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 19, 2010, 09:29:46 pm by knockers »
That description could be Copps most weeks!

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 19, 2010, 09:56:38 pm by monkeytennis »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
I'd keep him.  A squad needs a mix of hard workers and those who have that little bit to create something from nothing.  JET gives us that.

+1

Maybe be doesn't sprint about like Oster/Chambers etc. but there's room in the squad for a mix of abilities/skillsets/attributes I think.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 19, 2010, 10:56:38 pm by RobTheRover »
Agreed.  And if we could tie him up into a season long loan, SOD would have him here for pre-season too, which would benefit him (and us) greatly

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 19, 2010, 11:47:52 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
RobTheRover wrote:
Agreed.  And if we could tie him up into a season long loan, SOD would have him here for pre-season too, which would benefit him (and us) greatly

I'll be very surprised if this doesn't happen.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 20, 2010, 12:14:50 am by DMnumber4 »
I'd definitely sign him on loan until January and have a good go at bedding him in. If he's up to scratch for the first 6 months, then extend it until the end of the season.

I can't see a loser.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 20, 2010, 08:29:40 am by Thinwhiteduke »
100% keep for me on a season long loan if possible.

We have plenty of work horses in the team, and there are plenty of teams out there who do/ have had players capable of turning a game despite a relatively low work rate,(Southampton with Matt Le Tissier anyone?), JET fits in that category.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 20, 2010, 02:23:19 pm by wing commander »
No No No Send him back,thank Mr Wenger and shake his hand and all that,but we cant carry bone idle players like him for a whole season.A quality player with talent to burn but the lower leagues are full of players like that who think its going to fall on there lap without having to put the work in...

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 20, 2010, 05:37:31 pm by Old Popsider »
wing commander wrote:
No No No Send him back,thank Mr Wenger and shake his hand and all that,but we cant carry bone idle players like him for a whole season.A quality player with talent to burn but the lower leagues are full of players like that who think its going to fall on there lap without having to put the work in...

I think that he needs to go back to Arsenal for some good hard training and being shown how to be a team player by the Arsenal coaches. JET needs to be reminded that there are another 10 players in the team he's playing in, and they deserve to be treated as team members and not just there to get the ball to him so he can cherry-pick the time he wants to try for a goal or put a good cross in.

IMO he thinks he is better than most around him, after all what 18/19 years old turns up for training in a Bentley?  One who thinks he is better than his peers - JET.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 20, 2010, 05:39:11 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I really don't get this 'he's only 19 so can't be expected to be chasing about for 90 mins.  If he wont put in the effort at 19 he isn't ever going to do it.

We've all heard about the young bull and the old one, he should need keeping on a leash not a rocket up his arse.

I'd say sign give him half of next season.  If by then he hasn't improved his contribution, then he doesn't deserve the chance.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 20, 2010, 05:48:56 pm by DMnumber4 »
He reminds me a little bit of Jonathan Forte. He had potential (not quite as much as JET) but you could see he had certainly the pace, a bit of trickery and maybe a finish once in a while, but god almighty he was lazy!

I recollect the 2-0 defeat at Bournemouth where I put in more effort getting to the pie queue than that fella did all 90 minutes!

If only we could somehow combine (another loanee) Kazenga Lua Lua's enthusiasm with JET's raw ability, we'd have a world beater on our hands (not to mention a bit of a madman)  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012