Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:43:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bournemouth  (Read 2866 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Bournemouth
« on April 24, 2010, 08:26:42 pm by coventryrover »
Docked 17 points last season and survived.

Transfer embargo all this season and Howe has got them promoted.  Amazing!!

I would love Ferguson, Wenger and all the so called big managers try to do what Eddie Howe has done.  Manager and team of the season for me.

Wheres AFC Graham?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re:Bournemouth
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2010, 08:32:53 pm by grayx »
Agreed. Full credit & congratulations to Bournemouth. Another great \"pub team\" story. Well done.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2010, 08:49:10 pm by hoolahoop »
Same here, a great result the fans must be 'chuffed' to bits. The club deserves it .

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2010, 08:53:26 pm by Chris »
Unbelievable achievement. At only 32 years old Eddie Howe has already proved to be one of the up and coming managers in the country. Good luck to them and him!

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on April 24, 2010, 10:11:19 pm by VikingJames »
Superb achievement. Well done to them.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2010, 08:59:03 am by CusworthRovers »
Agreed. Could easily be the team of the season

shhhhh.....but on a selfish point of view, can we send a raiding party down there incase we lose our boss (ie to provisionally tap up theirs), and I hear they have a couple of good uns that will fit into our style.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2010, 09:26:14 am by wilts rover »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Credit to Eddie Howe. He's done a terrific job and has to be a contender for manager of the season!

It's interesting that Bournemouth have won promotion by overcoming pretty much every Football League sanction imaginable in the last couple of seasons, yet only a couple of places above them, Notts County have won promotion by spending a fortune and running up huge debts.

I hope Bournemouth survive and prosper and that the cheats fall from grace and end up back in League Two at the end of next season!

Errr, which is how Bournmouth got into that predicament in the first place and why they have those sanctions imposed on them....

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2010, 05:02:45 pm by rtid88 »
Don't be silly manager of the season?? Surely that has to go to Chris Hughton that has got a team with a wage bill of £45 million promoted from the Championship to the premier league or Carlo Ancelotti that inherited a team that already has dozen+ quality players!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2010, 05:06:35 pm by wilts rover »
Because Notts County are not in administration and have not defaulted on their debts - unlike Bournemouth. Notts County agreed a CVA with their creditors to repay the debts owed. If they cannot meet the terms of that CVA then somewhere down the line they to will enter administration. So no they haven't 'got away with it'.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2010, 05:08:14 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Credit to Eddie Howe. He's done a terrific job and has to be a contender for manager of the season!

Should be nailed on for me. But the likelihood is they'll give it to some old timer in charge of a Premiership Club as per usual.

What Howe has done, considering his youth, and the situation/ sanctions Bournemouth have faced over the last couple of seasons, is nothing short of extraordinary.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2010, 09:29:51 pm by DMnumber4 »
I actually think that Mick McCarthy has done a good job at Wolves. Everyone's tip for the trap door and they've survived. Whether he was right or wrong in resting players at Old Trafford, you can't argue that he hasn't been justified.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 25, 2010, 10:24:08 pm by wilts rover »
Rigoglioso wrote:

It begs the question over why some teams in League Two even bother to play by the rules and run their club as a sensible business without clocking up massive debts, when teams like Notts County live well beyond their means, run up irresponsible debts and then get rewarded with winning promotion. It's absolutely absurd and a flipping disgrace![/quote]

Oh they will get their come down soon enough. These things seem to take about 2 seasons to see the club melt down. Look at Luton when they cheated to win promotion in 2004-05, or how much Plymouth and Watford were 'speculating to invest' two to three seasons ago.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2010, 10:31:53 pm by RobTheRover »
There was a very telling comment on radio 5 this afternoon.  As we all know, after Adam Pearson's honest appraisal last week, Hull City are in the financial mire.  

What not many people know is that they had the 6th highest wage bill in the prem last season, so when they were 5th after about 10 games, they were only just over-achieving.  Now they are massively under-achieving their crows are coming home to roost.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2010, 10:51:04 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
DMnumber4 wrote:
I actually think that Mick McCarthy has done a good job at Wolves. Everyone's tip for the trap door and they've survived. Whether he was right or wrong in resting players at Old Trafford, you can't argue that he hasn't been justified.

I never understand this argument about resting players.

If players are contracted to a Club it should never be an issue who the Manager picks, whether its deemed a weakened side of not, so what? They are all deemed good enough to be at the Club, so what is the issue with when and where the Manager chooses to use them?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 26, 2010, 12:53:27 pm by CusworthRovers »
DMnumber4 wrote:

I'll let Donnywolf have the final say on how good MM has done. He's most qualified on here.

IMO I don't think he's (MM) done that well and ditto Zola. Martinez and Coyle probs deserve more time, but those 4 managers have been shined upon by the footballing god in that there have been 3 other absolute piss poor  clubs worse than them. I'll stand corrected by the statto's on here, but we are looking at the 3 teams going down and none of them possibly to reach 30 points, is this some kind of record piss poor premier season. I'm sure they usually go down on 36-38 points, and that would have knackered those 4 said managers in a 'a-typical' prem season

TinyPortal © 2005-2012