Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:37:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Shackell Gone To Dingles  (Read 14742 times)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re:Shackell Gone To Dingles
« Reply #90 on May 13, 2010, 01:00:29 pm by River Don »
Sean has a budget he has to work to and he has to prioriitise.

Who's to know If he had really wanted Shack perhaps he could have upped the offer to compete with the dingles but maybe he thought I can get Ward or someone else anyway and use the money elsewhere?

I'm afraid building a stable squad each year is always going to be difficult for us in this division. I trust Seans judgement to find the bargains and bring in the right loan signings Rovers need every summer.

There's one hard fact here, Rovers won't be held to ransom by agents.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 13, 2010, 01:03:43 pm by irishcontingent »
Gateway and Co-op maybe , not Aldi Lidl and Netto. Oh thanks for the Mr Contingent and the Icon. I like that. B)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 13, 2010, 02:27:14 pm by eastender »
shackelljoinbiggerclub wrote:
Can you blame him? bigger stadium, more fans, bigger club, better history. As o driscoll has said you cant match us because of expectations and financially.
And yer you can say you finished above us last 2 seasons, but thats the first time in years you have even been close too us and it is only 1 game u have finished above us.

2004/5 L1 Rovers 10th Barnsley 13th,Do some research before spouting,P#llock.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 13, 2010, 03:39:00 pm by steve@dcfd »
Jim Dobbin wrote:
From the Yorkshire Post

Chairman John Ryan last night stressed the need for Rovers to stay in control of their finances, saying: \"We made a very substantial offer for Jason but we are not prepared to go beyond our financial limitations. Barnsley must have deeper pockets than us.\"

Nothing to do with not rating him too highly, we couldn't compete end of, lets stop being so bitter and move on to another target, its not the end of the world.

This is the same scenario has Gareth Roberts:-

\"We are aware of the figures that Derby are prepared to go to and we are not in the same league,\" O'Driscoll said.

\"It would be very difficult for the player to turn that down.\"

We are in the same league but we cannot afford players in this league. Lets wait and see if we can afford League two players!!! Wages have moved on since we could, yet our budget has not, although we are told different:-

Average £3000 per week X 20 players X 52 weeks =£3,120,000
Leaves another mythical £2,880,000 for players to get a wage bill of £6,000,000

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 13, 2010, 03:52:08 pm by Filo »
Before the Swansea game the noises coming from the club were that Shackell was desperate to play in that game, at the time I thought it was encouraging that he still wanted to play for us, as it turned out he was desperate to put himself in the shop window. I bet we paid his medical bills as well when he was injured, thinking we were doing the right and honourable thing, the trouble is it never works both ways and we end up getting shit on!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on May 13, 2010, 04:48:41 pm by RoversAlias »
The encouraging thing is that we made a bid and it was accepted. Surely it would've been a club record for us-meaning that money can go on somebody else, or be added to our pursuit of Sharp. That said I doubt we'll be signing Sharp if the paper figures of 2mil are true. Course knowing the papers he's probably only valued at around 700k.

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #96 on May 13, 2010, 06:15:16 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Listening to SOD on radio Sheffield at least it sounds like we made Barnsley pay over the odds with an offer even the player couldn't believe.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on May 13, 2010, 06:59:20 pm by Drover »
Its a shame,Shackell unlike Robbo is only 26 and could have not only been a good player for us but an investment like Mills/wellens and got a good fee if he had a good season or two with us.Im starting to get the feeling clubs like Barnsley and Derby see who we rate/make a serious offer for and then think if SOD/Rovers rate him that much he must decent lets look at signing him.Barnsley tried with Billy in Jan.Hope they don't offer silly money again for him  :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012