Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:18:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: rotherham or aldershot  (Read 2184 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
rotherham or aldershot
« on May 18, 2010, 02:40:23 pm by not on facebook »
well its not a hard one as to which team i will want to win

put it this way 'up the shots'

cantt basterd stand rotherham united

more than likely the green party members will be shouting for motherham utd
off here

to which i will have to shake my head

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Re:rotherham or aldershot
« Reply #1 on May 18, 2010, 03:55:45 pm by Albert Trousers »
Aldershot all the way, despise Rotherham with a passion since the mid 90's,always had bother with them home and away more than any other club.
Slightly spoiled my saturday night when they won.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 18, 2010, 04:02:29 pm by not on facebook »
so then alberts trousers yer not a member of the green party then i take it fella

main reason i hate rotherham was due to fact they was are local rivals,the fact that they allways seem to beat rovers on the pitch did not enter the equation

i guess it som'ert that i picked up from the terrace in my younger years from
fellow rovers fans,as iam sure back then all and sundry who went to bell vue every other week hated rotherham utd.

suppose todays supporters have a differnet look on things since rovers have not played
rotherham on a league basis since season we went into conf,hence why they might have other clubs on their radar.

once i see rovers score the next result i look for is to see how the millers have gone in the hope they have faulted,dont loose sleep over it just nice when they dont win.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2010, 04:41:44 pm by DonnyNoel »
oslorovers wrote:
so then alberts trousers yer not a member of the green party then i take it fella

main reason i hate rotherham was due to fact they was are local rivals,the fact that they allways seem to beat rovers on the pitch did not enter the equation

i guess it som'ert that i picked up from the terrace in my younger years from
fellow rovers fans,as iam sure back then all and sundry who went to bell vue every other week hated rotherham utd.

suppose todays supporters have a differnet look on things since rovers have not played
rotherham on a league basis since season we went into conf,hence why they might have other clubs on their radar.

once i see rovers score the next result i look for is to see how the millers have gone in the hope they have faulted,dont loose sleep over it just nice when they dont win.

It could well go back even further than that for some Oslo - Rotherham were consistently above us in the 90's. I started watching Rovers in 1989 and reckon Rotherham were only in the bottom tier 3 seasons between then and our relegation. For that reason Scunny (who we have played much more often) are more of a rival for me with Rotherham and Barnsley next.

Aldershot for me tonight, although like many on here I still retain soft spots for anyone who played for us 2002-2005 so with Andy Warrington in goal for Rotherham I'd understand if some wished him well.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2010, 04:54:35 pm by not on facebook »
lets all be honest as rovers were once the shite of south yorkshire for many seasons
as both sheffield clubs and millers then barnsley were in the norm above us.

out of that lot it would be fare to say that rotehrham were the team rovers played most as they would have been the 2nd shitest club in south yorks,hence the main local rival tag i guess.

as for scunny yes they was on same level as rovers but i never hated/dislike them as i do with the lot form millmoor,maybe cause sunny scunny not in yorkshire.

or football is about opinions and i will stand by mine

snods big brother

« Reply #5 on May 18, 2010, 06:35:31 pm by snods big brother »
Can I go for could not give a toss who wins?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 18, 2010, 07:05:47 pm by not on facebook »
sods big brother you can sit on the fence fella feal free

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2010, 07:12:16 pm by coventryrover »
c'mon the Millers.

Due to Big Andy between the sticks.

bellevuebhoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2010, 07:26:20 pm by bellevuebhoy »
rotherham for me as at the start of the season i had   an accumulator of

chelski to win the league
promotion for wba,cardiff
              norwich,leeds
              notts county and rotherham

also i d love the wendies to have to play at don valley next year :laugh:

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #9 on May 18, 2010, 07:27:25 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Rotherham fans think that they are bigger than us. Write something on a Rotherham board and let it be known that you are a Donny fan, and see their response  :X

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2010, 08:58:15 pm by not on facebook »
topnotch donny....it would be fair to say that the rotherham fans were
correct in thinking that they was bigger than rovers since year zonk it may seem

in my time the millers were in the main in  div above rovers and for some seasons were in div2 the promise land where rovers are now

are rovers bigger than rotherham united today well i say the book is still open on that one.for sure donny are well above united in league placings and
attendence wise i would say rovers double their home crowds

what makes a club big its support,the division its playing in or its past history,or a mix of all three

for sure fans will move the goals to suit their own needs in the above equation.

i would say maybe rovers and rotherham there is not much between them,but
the tide is slowly turning into the favour of rovers season by season

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2010, 09:14:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This thread has just got me thinking. I pretty much never think about Rotherham Utd these days. I wish them no particular ill. I just don't think about them at all. At least not in the context of them being a rival to us.

That was pretty much how they must have viewed us for most of the period between 1960 and 2005. In that period, we were only in the same division for 6 or 7 years. Here's hoping we have a similar period of being able to not concern ourselves about them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012