Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:00:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR on Sharp bid  (Read 17323 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re:JR on Sharp bid
« Reply #60 on May 20, 2010, 09:53:34 pm by BobG »
I must be getting old... I eally can't see why people trouble to get so het up about all this. No one on this thread makes any of the decisions. No one on this thread makes any meaningful contribution to the costs involved. No one on this thread has any knowledge of what is and is not possible and what has and has not been offered. so what we do have is a load of speculation, a load of 'I don't believe we offered more than....' when that is, by definition, an uninformed and therefore valueless contribution.

Another interesting point to this thread though is the clear and obvious split between those that think with their gonads and those that think with their brains. There's some cracking examples of both on here.

Me? I really don't care who we buy. Or who we sell. It ain't my money that's being spent. It ain't me putting in all the effort, time and worry. I simply enjoy supporting the Rovers irrespective of what league they happen to be in. I was perfectly happy in the Conference. I'd still be happy in the Unibond. I support the club. I don't make that support conditional upon signing this player or that player.

Cheers

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 20, 2010, 09:59:09 pm by not on facebook »
this has the makings of the first 'one mile thread' on the VSC forum

good olde billy sharp

he came in peace and left rovers fans in pieces

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 20, 2010, 10:05:01 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Barmby Rover wrote:
..... options for replacements for Heffs, which is what we are really talking about.

Oh the irony! We are now on the hunt for a striker with the qualities of Heffs....I know....how about Paul Heffernan???........Doh!

adge

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 20, 2010, 10:06:14 pm by adge »
if we paid the transfer fee of 750,000 or so and billy contributes just 15 goals per season for the next two years what would he be worth to sell then.

i'm sure 15 is less than he would expect :

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #64 on May 20, 2010, 10:08:54 pm by topnotch_Donny »
adge wrote:
if we paid the transfer fee of 750,000 or so and billy contributes just 15 goals per season for the next two years what would he be worth to sell then.

i'm sure 15 is less than he would expect :

Would we be able to tie him down to a lengthy contract tho? This was one of my main points, earlier in the thread.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 20, 2010, 10:09:45 pm by vaya »
Note to self - read BobG first in future.

I'm a Rovers fan, not a Championship fan: the context of the team is irrelevant for my support

You can have all the ambition you like, but if you have finite resources, then you have to have finite ambition. The line has to be drawn somewhere which is what Ryan looks to have done.

We could 'speculate to accumulate' just like Leeds/Portsmouth/Derby/Wendies/ have done. Worked a blinder for them.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 20, 2010, 10:10:15 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
BobG wrote:

Me? I really don't care who we buy. Or who we sell. It ain't my money that's being spent. It ain't me putting in all the effort, time and worry. I simply enjoy supporting the Rovers irrespective of what league they happen to be in. I was perfectly happy in the Conference. I'd still be happy in the Unibond. I support the club. I don't make that support conditional upon signing this player or that player.

Cheers

BobG

Best post in this entire damn thread Bob.

Brilliant.  :scarf:   :scarf:

Donnyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 20, 2010, 10:10:56 pm by Donnyboy »
topnotch_Donny wrote:

Would we be able to tie him down to a lengthy contract tho? This was one of my main points, earlier in the thread.[/quote]

That is critical topnotch because Billy would be an investment which we could use to attempt to push for the play offs over next couple of years and worse case scenario we would recoup most of our money! the length of contract is more key than the fee or wages imo

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #68 on May 20, 2010, 10:13:22 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
BobG wrote:

Cheers

BobG

Best post in this entire damn thread Bob.

Brilliant.  :scarf:   :scarf:

May as well get rid of the forum then as we don't care  :laugh:

We all have passion, simples.

And Ive seen Bob in some heated debates, that he cant change or influence, so either he is fed up or erm  :blink:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 20, 2010, 10:13:44 pm by BobG »
Thank you Vaya. Thank you TWD. :):):)

Cheers

BobG

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 20, 2010, 10:16:59 pm by BobG »
[/quote]
And Ive seen Bob in some heated debates, so either he his fed up or erm  :blink:[/quote]

I like a good debate me TND! But they're usually grounded in some kind of fact based context. This thread though is grounded in fantasy, imagination and speculation. It's utterly pointless. All it does is put on public display the relative abilities of its contributors.

Cheers :)

BobG

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #71 on May 20, 2010, 10:20:24 pm by topnotch_Donny »
BobG wrote:

And Ive seen Bob in some heated debates, so either he his fed up or erm  :blink:[/quote]

I like a good debate me TND! But they're usually grounded in some kind of fact based context. This thread though is grounded in fantasy, imagination and speculation. It's utterly pointless. All it does is put on public display the relative abilities of its contributors.

BobG[/quote]

I know Bob, but you can stop excitement  :laugh:

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 20, 2010, 10:24:03 pm by DN5Rover »
This thread though is grounded in fantasy, imagination and speculation. It's utterly pointless. All it does is put on public display the relative abilities of its contributors.

An incredibly simple and solid comment I can only agree with the above sentiment.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 20, 2010, 10:25:28 pm by MrFrost »
BobG wrote:

BobG[/quote]

You refer to the abilities of the contributors. Is this another dig at the \"intellectually challenged\"?

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #74 on May 20, 2010, 10:27:38 pm by topnotch_Donny »
DN5Rover wrote:
This thread though is grounded in fantasy, imagination and speculation. It's utterly pointless. All it does is put on public display the relative abilities of its contributors.

An incredibly simple and solid comment I can only agree with the above sentiment.

This is a place where fans come to talk about Rovers, so why get all morale? It's a message board, not who is the best diplomat  :unsure:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on May 20, 2010, 10:31:33 pm by BobG »
Not particularly Mr Frost. But if you feel it applies, feel free to do so.

Cheers

BobG

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 20, 2010, 10:33:59 pm by MrFrost »
topnotch_Donny wrote:
DN5Rover wrote:

This is a place where fans come to talk about Rovers, so why get all morale? It's a message board, not who is the best diplomat  :unsure:

Some sense at last. Unfortunately, if you upset the apple cart, your reputation on here will be permanately scarred.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 20, 2010, 10:39:26 pm by vaya »
Although why we can't push the boat out and get a golden jewel-encrusted apple cart is beyond me.

No ambition some people.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 20, 2010, 10:46:36 pm by RobTheRover »
vaya wrote:
Although why we can't push the boat out and get a golden jewel-encrusted apple cart is beyond me.

No ambition some people.

Maybe Derby offer ones with twice as many diamonds on them?

:P

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 20, 2010, 10:47:19 pm by RobTheRover »
Bob,

Just PM'd you, mate.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 20, 2010, 10:53:48 pm by coventryrover »
RobTheRover wrote:
Bob,

Just PM'd you, mate.

oooo that sounds rude Rob.

Is pming the new teabagging?

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #81 on May 20, 2010, 10:54:53 pm by topnotch_Donny »
coventryrover wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:
Bob,

Just PM'd you, mate.

oooo that sounds rude Rob.

Is pming the new teabagging?

Very ominous, isn't it  :ohmy:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 20, 2010, 10:56:48 pm by BobG »
Ectually m'dears  I can't quite describe what it was that just happened. But I can tell you I enjoyed it very, very much indeed :) So thank you very, very much indeed to Mr Rob the Rover. Ooh! He IS a darling :)

Cheers

BobG

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 20, 2010, 10:56:50 pm by coventryrover »
My forepenneth worth is that you can not undermine the financial stability of a club to chase the dream.

Unfortunately teams like Leeds, forest, wednesday etc can go the extra hog in this division regarding wages etc because their attendances and commercial incomes are bigger than that of the rovers.

Wouldnt it be great if more donny folk were activeley involved in supporting the hoops?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 20, 2010, 10:58:45 pm by coventryrover »
BobG wrote:
Ectually m'dears  I can't quite describe what it was that happened. But I can tell you I enjoyed it very, very much indeed :) So thank you very, very much indeed to Mr Rob the Rover. Ooh! He IS a darling :)

Cheers

BobG

FILTH!!!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 20, 2010, 11:00:22 pm by RobTheRover »
BobG wrote:
Ectually m'dears  I can't quite describe what it was that happened. But I can tell you I enjoyed it very, very much indeed :) So thank you very, very much indeed to Mr Rob the Rover. Ooh! He IS a darling :)

Cheers

BobG

Steady on, fellas.  We'll have Nudga and Cussy opening a whole new can of worms here in a minute.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on May 20, 2010, 11:00:46 pm by Al4475 »
Filo wrote:

\"Doing the Honourable thing when we played Sheff Utd, and we, off our own back refused to let Billy play against them, did n`t stand us in good stead did it?\"

Something you're not telling us Dave? Ha! :laugh:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on May 20, 2010, 11:01:59 pm by vaya »
coventryrover wrote:
My forepenneth worth is that you can not undermine the financial stability of a club to chase the dream.

Unfortunately teams like Leeds, forest, wednesday etc can go the extra hog in this division regarding wages etc because their attendances and commercial incomes are bigger than that of the rovers.

Wouldnt it be great if more donny folk were activeley involved in supporting the hoops?

Here's a marketing idea  - get teams of people in town to stop anyone wearing Premiership shirt and ask thenm why they don't support their local team. Anyone (I'd guess the majority) with spurious reasons gets 'WEAK' tattooed on their forehead.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 20, 2010, 11:02:34 pm by BobG »
Lads! I'm bloody wetting mesen laughing now!!!

Top marks Cov and Rob. I'm still laughing like a busted drain.

Cheers

BobG

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on May 20, 2010, 11:04:03 pm by Drover »
What I find a little strange is after loaning him from Sheff utd for a full season you would think with regular communication between the clubs management that Rovers would have a pretty good idea how much it will cost for us to buy Billy from Sheff Utd?The fact we put a bid in at all makes me think we must have thought we had a good chance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012