Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 10:37:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: list teams u like/dislike and reasons  (Read 4979 times)

jonrover

• Forum Member
Re:list teams u like/dislike and reasons
« Reply #30 on May 25, 2010, 10:39:36 pm by jonrover »
Portsmouth - Lived down there for a while and got into them through the lads at work.
Dundee United - All the lads at school had a Scottish team, and they were mine. Why I have no idea!

Dislikes

Southampton - Due to the Pompey connection
Leeds - Because they are cretins, on more specifically their fans are.
Sheff Weds - Because they think they are a massive club who have an automatic right to be in the Premier League. And their fans are cretins too!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 25, 2010, 11:05:04 pm by BobG »
I've resisted this thread for ages now. But I can't any longer.... So,

Blades - I love Bramall Lane (well, I did just after they built that stand across the old cricket pitch. The most beautiful stand in football I still think. And I used to go see 'em when Tony Currie and Woodward were playing. They were just shit hot those two.

Brighton: great supporters, great club, great inspiration. Still got loads of Seagull friends even after all these years.

Stranraer - a bizarre holiday connection from my youth

MVV Maastricht - like Dutch Uncle says....

Coventry City - odd one now, but up until the Betts affair I would have put them as my second favourite club. Watched 'em for 3 full seasons when I was a student. Willie Carr, Tommy Hutchison, Denis Mortimer, Brian Alderson... A good side who were never ever going to win anything at all. Fun to watch. But Betts almost ruined that.

Queens Park Rangers: watched them, again as a student, the season after they so damn nearly won the first division title. Best midfield I ever saw: Stan Bowles, Gerry Francis and Don Masson. Just sublimely good. And they had Frank McLintock, David Webb, Davie Clement and Ian Gillard as well as Phil Parkes in goal too! Helluva side. (I must add, by the way, that my old Dad always used to say that the best midfield he ever saw was the Everton one of Harvey, Kendall and Alan Ball. Can't see it myself :)).

And finally, again like Dutch Uncle, Forest Green Rovers. Lovely little club and the closest side to where I live so I go watch 'em from time to time.

Dislikes

I don't actively dislike anyone to be honest. But I'm not a fan of:

Millwall - the most terrifying experience of my young life when I turned up there in 1978 for an FA Cup quarter final against League leading Ipswich Town. I have never seen anything like what I saw that day. Truly awful. Never been back and I never will.

Grimsby Town - for similar reasons to Millwall only this time it was their behaviour at BV that year they won Div 4 under Laurie McMenemy with old Matt Tees banging 'em in like there was no tomorrow.

Chelsea: thugs as supporters in the 70's, thugs on the pitch despite the likes of Peter Osgood and now thugs in the way they are contributing to the death of the sport as I know it.

Lincoln City - an unfair choice really but that was the place where I saw Kim Book barged over the goal line having caught the ball cleanly and the ref award Lincoln a goal, and, worse, that was the place where some execrable referee sent off two of our lads in the first half for no reason at all. As I've said on here before, my Dad, a large and usually placid bloke, was so incensed by that particular referee that at half time he started to clamber over the pitch side wall to 'excahnge some words' with the fool. As he was a JP at the time, that simply would not have done! So, despite my ire, he had to be held down. Not an easy task as those of you who knew him will testify. He ended up marching off to see the Lincoln club secretary to dmeand his money back on the basis that he'd paid to watch 11 players take on another 11. Not 12 play 9. As the secretary refused to hand over the cash, I've disliked them ever since. :)

Cheers

BobG

Ryan B

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 26, 2010, 02:47:19 pm by Ryan B »
LIKE:

celtic - family
waterford utd - family
southend - playoff semi's (a soft spot at least)
barcelona - couple of visits / great players
liverpool - fascinated with fowler's finishing skills

DISLIKE:

rangers - family
yorkshire teams (minus DRFC) - rivalry (inc hull & Grimsby)
man utd - so many friends who never have or will see them play
n. forest - scabs
mk dons - no right to be in the football league

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 26, 2010, 03:02:07 pm by DMnumber4 »
Fulham
Huddersfield
Accrington Stanley
Bayern Munich

Dislikes:
Every other yorkshire team including York
Scunny
Grimsby
Lincoln
Mansfield
Swansea
MK franchise

About it really. Don't have any particular like/dislike for any of the top 4, they're on a different planet and so are their fans.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 26, 2010, 04:11:45 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
Doncaster Rovers - hometown club, supported as a boy

East Stirlingshire FC - Loved the book ('Pointless'), ordered shirt, saw them at Retford in the pre-season, my second team

Accrington Stanley - awesome support, bouncebackability

York City - our lasses parents have a caravan out there, good club

Forest Green Rovers - always welcome down there, lovely people, great little social club at 'The Lawn'

Dislikes:

Leeds - scum, fans show us no respect, think they have a right to be in the top division because of their gates

Wednesday & United - see Leeds

Scunthorpe - horrible fans, terrible ground, (though I would take Adkins on if SO'D gets the Madrid job)

Rotherham - as the song goes....\"we hate Rotherham\"

Manchester United - saturated football in the 90's, everyone at school suddenly supported them for success, horrible 90th minutes goals, Ronaldo, the Neville brothers, \"Glory Man United\" song...they are a franchise, not a football club

Falkirk - Because the Shire hate them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012