Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 10:21:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: world cup match officals thread  (Read 1543 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
world cup match officals thread
« on June 14, 2010, 04:53:57 pm by not on facebook »
apart from the south africa v mexico game where officals gave
offside for the mexican goal i have been more than impresed
with the refs/officals todate

they sem to be booking any player that is caught trying to fool
them by hitting the deck at slightest touch,look at the german player last nite,krauts are 4 -0 up and a german player hits deck on half way line in last 5mins and gets booked  for his
skull duggery

the serb player who was on a booking then pulled the shirt back of the opposition player got him sen sent off for second booking

if owt this should suit the english team as by rule of thumb its not normall for english players to hit the deck for no reason

italy,spain,portagul  all south american countrys watch out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
Re:world cup match officals thread
« Reply #1 on June 14, 2010, 05:16:30 pm by DMnumber4 »
Think the offside decisions have been spot on every time.

Thought Cahill's sending off was innocuous to be honest and it wouldn't surprise me if England get a dodgy one some time through the tournament  :blush:

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 14, 2010, 05:30:13 pm by Chris »
I don't think there was any intention in Cahill's challenge last night but he nearly broke the German's leg in half!

The offside decision in the SA vs. Mexico game was also correct.

squinty

« Reply #3 on June 14, 2010, 05:48:21 pm by squinty »
I think the ref in the Germany game was far too card happy.  He has a reputation for been a bit keen on dishing them out.  If they are called for then fair enough but its the inconsistency that irritates me.  10 mins after the cahill challenge another ozzie tackled in a very similar, sloppy but harmless way and no card at all!  As DMnumber4 said, England will surely pick a few up as FIFA seem keen to gradually stamp out the physical side to football.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 14, 2010, 06:47:01 pm by Wellred »
I think the referees have been spot on. Cahill could have broken the German players leg so deserved to get sent off.
Had the German not been booked for diving would he have gone down hoping to get a penalty later?
No he didn't try for it as it would have almost certainly got him sent off for a second yellow.
It can only be good for the game to cut out all the cheating.
I just wish they would have the bottle to give penalties for shirt pulling in the penalty area.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012