Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 02:21:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: For all you Tory voters!  (Read 3828 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
For all you Tory voters!
« on June 17, 2010, 06:35:10 pm by Filo »
This is what you`ve voted in, well done Nick Clegg for being Camerons Bum Boy, you`ve just shafted your own constituants, be prepared to lose your seat at the next election!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10341015.stm

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re:For all you Tory voters!
« Reply #1 on June 17, 2010, 06:51:42 pm by Sprotyrover »
Didnt vote Tory in fact I didnt vote! but it is clearly the case that this spending spree was a Govt ploy to sweeten voters

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 17, 2010, 07:01:10 pm by Filo »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Cuts have to be made though, Dave. The government will never please everyone by making these cuts in different areas, but it's necessary in helping them to clear up Labour's mess and reduce the overall debt before we reach a situation where we become another Greece.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10341863.stm

3 projects in Sheffield alone! 1 in Leeds, 1 in Teeside!, How many down south? 1 in Kent! and Birmingham if you want it to be called south. other cuts are aimed at the young unemployed, the future! people that if they were employed would contribute to the economy, what chance have they got? you Rigo, although a student at the moment fall into the young peoples bracket, whats your prospects? Zilch!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 17, 2010, 07:08:12 pm by Barmby Rover »
Let's start by quadrupling student fees and disposing of no interest or low interest on student loans then. Why should I subsidise your education Rigo?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 17, 2010, 08:11:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Cuts have to be made though, Dave. The government will never please everyone by making these cuts in different areas, but it's necessary in helping them to clear up Labour's mess and reduce the overall debt before we reach a situation where we become another Greece.

Rigo. We are not remotely close to being in a Greece situation. Our total Government DEBT (which at the root is what really matters, not  the  deficit - which itself is already coming down quickly anyway) is one of the smallest in the developed world. Talk of us being in a Greece situation is the most cynical of Tory scaremongering to justify them reverting to type. The Liberals should be fcuking well ashamed if themselves. Reneging on everything they campaigned on. Vince Cable totally sidelined as bright eyed Tory-leaning Liberals that no-one had ever heard of two months ago (who exactly is [strike]David[/strike]Danny Alexander? EDIT: There you go. He's such an anonymous little shit that I couldn't even get his name right...) rush to prove that they are even more viciously Thatcherite than Osbourne.

The Forgemasters decision is pure vindictiveness. There is a cast iron case for that loan - the only reason they need it from Govt is because the banks themselves aren't lending. But this bunch in power are withdrawing it to make a political point. New politics? Restructuring our economy to hi tech manufacture? Sharing the pain of the cuts? My fcuking arse. Same old Tory approach to hitting the Labour heartlands when there are cuts to be made, even when the companies concerned are potential world leaders.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 17, 2010, 08:18:56 pm by Filo »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Rigoglioso wrote:

Rigo. We are not remotely close to being in a Greece situation. Our total Government DEBT (not    defecit) is one of the smallest in the developed world. Talk of us being in a Greece situation is the most cynical of Tory scaremongering to justify them reverting to type. The Liberals should be fcuking well ashamed if themselves. Reneging on everything they campaigned on. Vince Cable totally sidelined as bright eyed Tory-leaning Liberals that no-one had ever heard of two months ago (who exactly is David Alexander?) rush to prove that they are even more viciously Thatcherite than Osbourne.

The Forgemasters decision us pure vindictiveness. There is a cast iron case for that loan - the onlyvreadon they need it from Govt is because the banks themselves aren't lending. But this bunch in power are withdrawing it to make a political point. New politics? Restructuring our economy to hi tech manufacture? Sharing the pain of the cuts? My fcuking arse. Same old Tory approach to hitting the Labour heartlands when there are cuts to be made, even when the companies concerned are potential world leaders.

Pun intended?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 17, 2010, 08:21:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm just a natural comedian Filo.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 17, 2010, 09:53:09 pm by Barmby Rover »
It would be nice to see a move away from nuclear power by this government, and therefore they have cancelled the contract. Trouble is that they probably have no intention of cancelling any nuclear plans, they just intend to have the damn things imported so they can sack more steeelworkers from this country. Nice to see a bit of support for what remains of our manufacturing base isn't it!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 17, 2010, 10:42:41 pm by BobG »
Summat else this bunch of toe rags have quietly done: rememebr all those pre election pledges to either cancel or seriously overhaul the NHS patient data uploading? well, guess what? New Health Minister Simon Burns recently announced in a buried
Parliamentary answer that uploads to the Summary Care Records system will continue. Why should you care? Because once uploaded you can NEVER remove them. Because the list of organisations, people and institutions that can access them, without ever telling you they have done is f**king immense and because the way its being done is downright bent. You had a letter recently telling you 'all' about this wonderful SCR thing? Did you notice it didn't tell you how to opt out? Did you notice there was no opt out form included? Did you notice that the timescale for even thinking about opting out is microscopic?

The one good thing this bunch offered, before the election, was a roll back of the database state. But that was before the elction wasns't it?

BobG

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 17, 2010, 10:58:07 pm by grayx »
Filo wrote:
This is what you`ve voted in, well done Nick Clegg for being Camerons Bum Boy, you`ve just shafted your own constituants, be prepared to lose your seat at the next election!quote]

Unfortunately, that will be many years away now they have fiddled with the voting system.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 18, 2010, 09:51:54 am by MrFrost »
Closer to home, it was reported in the local rag that Yorkshire Forward will have its spending cut, resulting in the CCQ at Waterdale more than likely not going ahead.

Now, I believe that the Council have already spent millions preparing the site and sorting out the contracts for this, plus I think I read before that the developers Muse are due about £40 million in compensation should contracts be cancelled at this stage.

So basically, millions spent for nothing.

Also axed is the White Rose Way scheme which will in turn prevent the airport link road from going ahead and the inland port at Rosso which was set to create thousands of jobs.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 18, 2010, 10:55:06 am by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
Closer to home, it was reported in the local rag that Yorkshire Forward will have its spending cut, resulting in the CCQ at Waterdale more than likely not going ahead.

Now, I believe that the Council have already spent millions preparing the site and sorting out the contracts for this, plus I think I read before that the developers Muse are due about £40 million in compensation should contracts be cancelled at this stage.

So basically, millions spent for nothing.

Also axed is the White Rose Way scheme which will in turn prevent the airport link road from going ahead and the inland port at Rosso which was set to create thousands of jobs.

Do I detect a U-turn MrFrost, you were all for giving Cameron a chance, this is only the start, as people have said in the past Cameron= Thatcher mk2!

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=57&func=view&catid=1000006&id=83665&limitstart=60#83885

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 18, 2010, 10:58:34 am by MrFrost »
No, not a U-turn. I believe the scheme's I mentioned in Doncaster would have fallen through anyway, especially the airport link road.

The council should have never pressed ahead with plans for the CCQ. After all, all we will get are new council offices, as further stages would never have got going as it relied on private sector investment, which IMO would never happen (look at the \"Waterfront\" development)

The council are the ones who have ballsed that one up, and it will be us, the taxpayer that have to pay for any compensation due to the developers.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 18, 2010, 11:19:14 am by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:
No, not a U-turn. I believe the scheme's I mentioned in Doncaster would have fallen through anyway, especially the airport link road.

The council should have never pressed ahead with plans for the CCQ. After all, all we will get are new council offices, as further stages would never have got going as it relied on private sector investment, which IMO would never happen (look at the \"Waterfront\" development)

The council are the ones who have ballsed that one up, and it will be us, the taxpayer that have to pay for any compensation due to the developers.

So what you`re saying then is with the millions already spent for nothing (which you are complaining about), it`s a good decision to pull the plug, even though you`re complaining about it?

Doncaster Council is not the greatest Council in the world I know but they can only make decisions about these projects with the knowledge of these grants at the time the decisions were made, how were they to know that this funding was going to be pulled after spending the Millions. It`s not the Councils fault, it`s central Government that have baulked on previous agreements

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 18, 2010, 11:41:03 am by MrFrost »
Filo wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

So what you`re saying then is with the millions already spent for nothing (which you are complaining about), it`s a good decision to pull the plug, even though you`re complaining about it?

Doncaster Council is not the greatest Council in the world I know but they can only make decisions about these projects with the knowledge of these grants at the time the decisions were made, how were they to know that this funding was going to be pulled after spending the Millions. It`s not the Councils fault, it`s central Government that have baulked on previous agreements

What I do find amazing, is that its a matter of around £500k that is threatening the collapse of the project. Now surely, after millions spent getting this far, and the fact that millions will be due to the developers if the contracts are cancelled, that the council don' press ahead anyway and cover the cost of the 500k that Yorkshire Forward were contributing. Doesn't make sense to me.

The government haven't directly stopped the CCQ development by the way, they have told Yorkshire Forward to make savings, so really it is the council cancelling the project because they wont stump up the shortfall.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 18, 2010, 12:32:56 pm by jucyberry »
Perhaps the council hasn't got that ammount just floating in the ether tho, It would have to come from somewhere..But where do you cut to get it? It isn't that easy I would think.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 18, 2010, 01:01:22 pm by MrFrost »
Do they hav the millions available for the developers compensation if they cancel the scheme? The whole project is a White elephant anyway and shouldn't have been given the go ahead. However now it is approved it makes more sense to go ahead than to cancel.

rhinoplod

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 18, 2010, 01:34:11 pm by rhinoplod »
The word 'cut' is very misleading. What has actually been 'cut'? Despite what has been said these were just pledges - ideas - that have been put off. No one has lost any jobs because of it. It may not create some extra ones any more but nothing has been lost or 'cut'in a literal sense.

How many people on here have I read over the last months of the Labour government that have lost their jobs/been made redundant and then turned around and pledged they can no longer afford a season ticket? What's the difference in your personal situation to that of the country's? I think the answer is very little. You have to cut your cloth accordingly. You've done it, why shouldn't the country?

What has happened is that we've all been subjected to a cynical last gasp attempt by a desperate government to retain power. Promising funding in marginal constituencies that they knew they couldn't afford and would potentially never be expected to deliver. The result being they had a the arguments they spouted out yesterday at the ready.

There is no doubt Labour laced government with tons of time bombs designed to go off on the new government. It's all part of the long game. Let them come in, make the cuts, make themselves unpopular, we can regroup and then sweep to power next time with a landslide majority and keep the tories out of power for another generation. Very clever, very cynical - but should they be doing it by gambling with our money, our emotions, our livelihoods and and future?

For me Labour has shit it. I'll never vote for them after what they have done to this country - and they have the cheek to blame the 'global' situation. What a smoke screen for their own failures!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 18, 2010, 02:52:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
And pledges Labour probably could never have fulfilled, all these Labour voters still fail to answer the question of where the money is to come from?

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #19 on June 18, 2010, 03:59:34 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
I bet JR could ensure the cancelled council schemes went ahead. At the right price of course ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012