Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:27:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: More fixture changes  (Read 1773 times)

deebee

More fixture changes
« on June 24, 2010, 09:33:09 am by deebee »
The match against Crystal Palace is going to be moved from easter Sat to Good Friday. Still with a 3pm kick off (see DROS.) That buggers it up for all thepeople that work good Friday like me and I am a STH. Any one else in the same boat?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:More fixture changes
« Reply #1 on June 24, 2010, 09:39:05 am by Filo »
You know, it sometimes makes me wonder why I bother with a season ticket, thats another one they`ve done me for, 2 fixture changes from a Saturday and they`ve f**ked me both times!  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 24, 2010, 10:01:35 am by The Red Baron »
When I first saw that date change for the Palace game I assumed it would be an evening KO. It's OK for me because I get Good Friday as a public holiday, but a lot of people don't.

I would have thought it is early enough for people to make representations to the club- perhaps via the VSC- to get it moved to an evening KO.

Still don't see what's wrong with Saturday at 3pm- and that applies to the Boro game as well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 24, 2010, 10:03:00 am by The Red Baron »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I can thoroughly understand the decision to move this one.

It will give the players an extra days rest ahead of the next game, which is Easter Monday. A number of clubs will do it this year, so credit to Rovers and Palace for being quick off the mark to announce that we're doing it.

From the players' point of view I can see the logic. I think they're forgetting that a lot of people will be working that day. Surely an evening KO would be more sensible? Better than playing in front of 3,000-odd at 3pm!

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 24, 2010, 10:07:33 am by Yargo »
deebee wrote:
The match against Crystal Palace is going to be moved from easter Sat to Good Friday. Still with a 3pm kick off (see DROS.) That buggers it up for all thepeople that work good Friday like me and I am a STH. Any one else in the same boat?

Are you not self employed,even if not is it beyond human capacity to arrange time off with such notice,even Steve Uttley could manage that,he'd probably send a one line email to his employer,,,something like,, er can't do it today

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 24, 2010, 10:07:59 am by bedale rover »
i am in favour

i think it is good

i would have thought that as a bank holiday more people would have been off that day rather than a saturday

but what do i know :laugh:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 24, 2010, 10:08:08 am by Filo »
On the plus side Scunny away at 12 o clock is ok by me

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 24, 2010, 10:16:01 am by pkt_drfc »
Yep the scunny match was to be expected to be played at 12:00 got to go about 10:00 to get parked up last season was a nightmare to park

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 24, 2010, 10:19:58 am by DN8ROVER »
Plenty of people have to work Good Friday these days,moving it to an evening KO would make sense.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 24, 2010, 11:44:45 am by bobjimwilly »
Yargo wrote:
even Steve Uttley could manage that,he'd probably send a one line email to his employer,,,something like,, er can't do it today

:laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012