Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:31:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: just a idea,would it work?  (Read 2778 times)

redbrez

• VSC Member
just a idea,would it work?
« on July 08, 2010, 03:17:26 pm by redbrez »
running along side the thread about season ticket wavers,there seems to be a lot of people wanting to watch the rovers but through mainly financial or other reasons cant.or reading that some people cant make Saturdays games through work or people that can only go to night games and all variants. right just as a idea could the vsc buy say 15 or more season tickets at say a discounted rate and people who are members on here can apply and if there is big demand take it in turn to use the vsc season tickets. this way we get more bums on seats and help our people that are struggling.but the catch is if its viable is that you have to join to be a member of the vsc (i think its £27 pound the first year and then a tenner for the next years). and this is where a bit of trust comes in you pay extra for the ticket if you can and sy set a minimum of £6? pound for a ticket but if you can afford more you pay more,someone would have to do the maths to see if it would break even but just a idea.say if we had a list of 50 people signing up being members and taking it in turns would it work? would other season ticket holders moan who struggled to get the money together to buy there's? it might need tweaking on but iam trying to help our fans and in return get more bums on seats. this will benefit the rovers financially and its not a money making scheme for the vsc  but just trying to break even scheme but help its members and also makes the vsc stronger with more members?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:just a idea,would it work?
« Reply #1 on July 08, 2010, 03:23:15 pm by RobTheRover »
We all know it goes on, but the terms of the ST include a section on it being non-transferrable.  That means, multiple people cant use a single ticket.  I doubt we'd get away with it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 08, 2010, 03:24:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Just an idea: paragraphs. Would it work?

Less eye strain, certainly. Can't be arsed to tackle that great lump of text.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 08, 2010, 03:27:49 pm by redbrez »
the smc give away so many free ticket (i think mainy schools) why cant the vsc get say 50 tickets for less popular games and sell them cheap to people on here but people still have to join the vsc to get them,then surley its a win win for both rovers and the vsc ?

pkt_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 08, 2010, 03:28:47 pm by pkt_drfc »
Do you know something i love when people nit pick at things like peoples grammer and that. I did not know you had to have a degree to be on this forum

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2010, 03:36:28 pm by redbrez »
can someone edit it for me so its not offensive to 30 percent of this board, shiit looks like i am going to cyberspace jail shit shit shit

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 08, 2010, 04:54:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
All ideas are worth putting forward, Redbrez.

I think the overriding thing here, is that there is a lack of flexibility with puchasing of season tickets, full stop. You either get one or you don't. Fair enough, you can buy a half-season one after Christmas, but that's about it.

I think the Club are certainly going to have to look at this topic in a lot more detail, and with a bit more drive and determination to come up with some solutions, if JR and the Board are going to realise their dream of seeing more and more STH's. I'm sure the Club maybe thought that all they had to do was to get into the CCC and the rest would just 'happen', well it clearly hasn't. Of course, signing the likes of Billy will help the waverers - it has to, but its not the only solution. In this day and age, we should be offering countless ways to get, and pay for, a season ticket.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 08, 2010, 05:01:29 pm by DMnumber4 »
We're living in an ever increasing world where we want everything at our fingertips (just look at all of us who are posting on here!). And if our post isn't loaded within 3 seconds we throw a hissyfit and mumble \"bloody broadband.\" Or maybe that's just me.

What i'm trying to say is that people now usually take the attitude of \"well if I'm paying the money, I want a service of quality.\" People expect DRFC to be easily accessible, the DROS up to scratch. For one reason and another, Rovers are not the easiest club to the paying customer to access and as has often been said 'Championship quality on the pitch, League 2 off it'  :dry:

We have a cracking product, but in my opinion, it's badly marketed, particularly in the centre of town e.g. Frenchgate etc.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 08, 2010, 05:19:33 pm by VivaRovers »
An idea I've muted before is a season ticket that just covers weeknight matches, and similarly a season ticket which just covers Saturday matches.

After ten years as a season ticket holder I stopped being one last season, the reason being that it was not logistically possible for me to get to and from midweek home games. But I was generally at Saturday games when costs allowed. I would imagine there are folk who work nights or weekends who have a similar problem, so this could address that.

There would be sticking points admittedly, such as matches rearranged for Cup ties, but given that the League Cup is exclusively played mid-week and we currently don't enter the FA Cup til January it could be something the club could trial in the first half of next season (Championship status permitting).

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 08, 2010, 05:28:44 pm by CottyRover »
VivaRovers wrote:
An idea I've muted before is a season ticket that just covers weeknight matches, and similarly a season ticket which just covers Saturday matches.

After ten years as a season ticket holder I stopped being one last season, the reason being that it was not logistically possible for me to get to and from midweek home games. But I was generally at Saturday games when costs allowed. I would imagine there are folk who work nights or weekends who have a similar problem, so this could address that.

There would be sticking points admittedly, such as matches rearranged for Cup ties, but given that the League Cup is exclusively played mid-week and we currently don't enter the FA Cup til January it could be something the club could trial in the first half of next season (Championship status permitting).

This sounds interesting! I miss most evening games and will also be away a bit so haven't renewed. Might be more likely to go for something like this. Will be going for Rovers membership, though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 08, 2010, 07:14:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't see how there could be a problem if people wanted to buy say a minimum of 6 tickets in advance on dates that they can make and receive a pro rata discount.

Some will say that more folk will do this and cherry pick their matches rather than buying a full ST.

Well so what ! If it puts bums on seats then what's the problem. It's still money on advance and everyone's happy.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 08, 2010, 07:18:19 pm by eastender »
RobTheRover wrote:
We all know it goes on, but the terms of the ST include a section on it being non-transferrable.  That means, multiple people cant use a single ticket.  I doubt we'd get away with it.

Does this apply to businesses and organisations eg the VSC ,as i know a lot of companies by a batch of season tickets (not pacifically DRFC )and distribute them to employees and clients,as a cheaper option to renting a private box.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 08, 2010, 08:25:07 pm by rover-n-out »
That was my thinking exactly eastender. Why can't the VSC buy tickets registered to them and distribute them to members.

After all, companies pay for boxes and invite whoever they want to the games, wouldn't the VSC be doing the same thing. As for the VSC being accused of profiteering from the tickets, recipients could be asked to pay a donation for the upkeep of the site.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 08, 2010, 08:27:10 pm by rover-n-out »
That was my thinking exactly eastender. Why can't the VSC buy tickets registered to them and distribute them to members.

After all, companies pay for boxes and invite whoever they want to the games, wouldn't the VSC be doing the same thing. As for the VSC being accused of profiteering from the tickets, recipients could be asked to pay a donation for the upkeep of the site.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 08, 2010, 08:33:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
pkt_drfc wrote:
Do you know something i love when people nit pick at things like peoples grammer and that. I did not know you had to have a degree to be on this forum

Just pointing out that if you want your idea to be read that you have to have some considerationm for those you want to read it. As I said, I'm not straining my eyes reading that great lump of text and I still haven't read it. If it wasn't a strain on my eyes I would read it. I'm not arsed whether I ever read it or not to be honest, but then its not my idea. Whatever this idea is.

Put it this way, if I had an idea and I wanted as many people to read it as possible, I wouldn't make it difficult for people to read, I'd try and make it as easy as possible.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 08, 2010, 09:57:56 pm by BobG »
A one time Tory mantra that now pervades the entire known universe Glyn: 'presentation is everything'. And it's bloody true. In Spades. Present a shite idea well, some people will buy it. Prseent a great idea badly, no bugger even reads it.

BobG

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 08, 2010, 10:56:29 pm by Adam »
pkt_drfc wrote:

To be fair, I missed the first post because it was a wall of text. I can't read it, I've tried before.

I ain't bov'd about spelling and grammar but spacing is essential.

Gracias.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012