Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:02:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game  (Read 7701 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #30 on April 23, 2019, 10:21:55 am by Metalmicky »

My opinion for what it's worth is that we will only be 1 point in front of Peterboro come Tuesday night

Your opinion wasn't worth much.......... just saying like :whistle:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 23, 2019, 11:22:18 am by selby »
  Hound, just read the earlier comment, are you telling me he fell short in front of goal again.

rsg26

« Reply #32 on April 23, 2019, 11:58:59 am by rsg26 »
stats show a very tight draw and I have to agree, have a 10er on at 4.33
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 12:14:42 pm by silent majority »

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 23, 2019, 12:54:03 pm by adamtherover »
stats show a very tight draw and I have to agree, have a 10er on at 4.33

really.  which stats are they?   we have a 12 win to 2 loss record and plus 23 GD,    they have a 6 win to 9 loss and a minus 10 GD. This shoyuld be as a bout as big a home banker as you get.   Coupled with how easy we despatch lower half of the table teams.   

And before anyone starts spouting tempting fate bobbins.  Theres no such thing.  What will happen is the result will hinge on how the players play, not what someone types on a web forum.  If anyone thinks differently, well.  jeez...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 23, 2019, 02:54:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
Looks like Crawford will start tonight in place of Whiteman. Now it’s whether GM plays 433 or 4231 to get the best out of Copps.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 23, 2019, 02:57:29 pm by jackthelad »
I just hope and pray we go and get 3 points.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 23, 2019, 03:02:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
That’s down to the team they must perform and get the result. 7 of these players have faulted at this stage last season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 23, 2019, 03:12:56 pm by selby »
  Steve, there is a big difference this season in the man at the helm though, and his approach to the situation.
   And he wants to be here.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 23, 2019, 03:16:14 pm by wing commander »
   Well Coppinger should be fresh..Being a legend like he is means when you put in performances like he did on Friday at Sunderland you escape the abuse that anybody would normally have received,Frankly he put in one of the worst displays that I've ever seen from him and was lucky to get to half time before being taken off...
   So at least against a more tired,weaker opposition he should have more of a impact tonight..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 23, 2019, 03:22:05 pm by Chris Black come back »
Accrington have kept one clean sheet in their last ten league away games and three clean away sheets the entire league season.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 03:37:15 pm by Chris Black come back »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 23, 2019, 03:37:37 pm by selby »
  Wing Commander, he has had bad games before for us, but not that many, and very rarely one after another, in spite of being marked tightly every match he plays.
    The  thing is the players that replace him, like Friday, make very little difference match after match.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 23, 2019, 03:37:40 pm by Chris Black come back »
Corrected to make clear these are all away sheets I am talking about.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 23, 2019, 03:49:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Corrected to make clear these are all away sheets I am talking about.

Post removed CBCB.

At the start of the season we had never beaten AFC Wimbledon or Wycombe in a FL League match - tick  :thumbsup:

At the start of the season we had not beaten Sunderland or Burton in a FL match - not achieved  :thumbdown:

At the start of the season we had not beaten Accrington Stanley in a League match since they rejoined the League - needs to be set straight.  :scarf:

Note: We have beaten Sunderland (FA Cup), Burton (Conf and JPT), and also Accrington Stanley since re-entry (JPT), and of course we have beaten both the old Wimbledon and MK Dons in League matches.

The only other team we have played in the Football League and never beaten is Newcastle. We have never played Chelsea or Forest Green Rovers in a Football League match.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 23, 2019, 04:49:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
   Well Coppinger should be fresh..Being a legend like he is means when you put in performances like he did on Friday at Sunderland you escape the abuse that anybody would normally have received,Frankly he put in one of the worst displays that I've ever seen from him and was lucky to get to half time before being taken off...
   So at least against a more tired,weaker opposition he should have more of a impact tonight..
If we are playing 433 then I would not start Copps on the left for me he has to come inside for his assists and being more creative. I know he’s played most of games there but majority he has been effective when he cuts in from that position 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 23, 2019, 05:02:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Accrington have kept one clean sheet in their last ten league away games and three clean away sheets the entire league season.

We have only drawn a blank five times at home in the league this season - and three of these were against Sunderland, Portsmouth and Dingles.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 23, 2019, 05:11:37 pm by IDM »
I hope we will get into them much as in recent home victories with early goals.. they are fighting for survival against relegation so would need to come back at us..

I think we do better in an open game..

Will help somewhat if Wilks is on it..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 06:06:04 pm by IDM »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 23, 2019, 05:26:48 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes - get out of the Traps and get them on the back foot - and take the Ref Sebastian Stockbridge out of the equation

Take 3 points - move on to Oxford and hope (not getting ahead of myself) we put the recent poor(er) away displays behind us

TinyPortal © 2005-2012