Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:41:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordy Hiwula  (Read 10357 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Jordy Hiwula
« Reply #60 on January 09, 2022, 09:39:48 am by sedwardsdrfc »
It does worry me a little that GM is still starting him. He needs a few weeks on the bench and to come back with a fresh start.

Dodoo is a better option at the moment out wide and with Seaman now coming back it'll be a travesty if Hiwula keeps his shirt for the next game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 09, 2022, 09:51:41 am by The Beast »
At least Seaman looked like he had the bit between his teeth when he came on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 09, 2022, 12:16:10 pm by Filo »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 09, 2022, 12:19:02 pm by Janso »
Shocking, just shocking!

https://twitter.com/matt_walker96/status/1480140061811294212?s=21

Bit of mental gymnastics in the replies, apparently it's the owners' fault that Hiwula took the touch of an axe murderer.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 09, 2022, 12:49:07 pm by Jonathan »
I feel a bit worried for him, and quite sorry for him. There’s no way on earth he’s as bad as he currently looks, and no way he wants to be this bad either. As has been pointed out above, he came through the Manchester City academy, has represented England at youth level and has had a decent goalscoring career in the EFL. Many of us remember him looking impressive against us. Something is clearly wrong at the moment. That horror touch yesterday is something you wouldn’t see on a Sunday morning, he’s clearly not as bad as that made him look or he’d never have been a footballer, rather like most of those they hurl abuse at him.

I can see why McSheffrey picked him again as we all know there’s something there, we saw occasional flashes of it earlier in the season and the team is crying out for that now. But it’s not happening for him at all and he looks totally lost and disillusioned. I hope the club are helping him, and I hope he helps himself too. Probably needs time out of the team now and I hope when he comes back he gets encouragement and that he justifies that.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 09, 2022, 01:03:23 pm by GazLaz »
His heads obviously just completely gone. It’s it’s responsibility as a pro, getting paid ‘000s a week for it not to go and if it does to get it back. That’s where the hunger comes in. Is he doing all he can to find a bit of form? Unlikely. That’s what separates the proper players from the rest.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 09, 2022, 01:06:16 pm by Canadian Rover »
I feel a bit worried for him, and quite sorry for him. There’s no way on earth he’s as bad as he currently looks, and no way he wants to be this bad either. As has been pointed out above, he came through the Manchester City academy, has represented England at youth level and has had a decent goalscoring career in the EFL. Many of us remember him looking impressive against us. Something is clearly wrong at the moment. That horror touch yesterday is something you wouldn’t see on a Sunday morning, he’s clearly not as bad as that made him look or he’d never have been a footballer, rather like most of those they hurl abuse at him.

I can see why McSheffrey picked him again as we all know there’s something there, we saw occasional flashes of it earlier in the season and the team is crying out for that now. But it’s not happening for him at all and he looks totally lost and disillusioned. I hope the club are helping him, and I hope he helps himself too. Probably needs time out of the team now and I hope when he comes back he gets encouragement and that he justifies that.

Last week he was petulant, lazy and awful (in that order) this week he was awful & lazy...the fastest he ran was to be subbed.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 09, 2022, 01:06:54 pm by RoversAlias »
Hiwula's reaction to that awful touch, as frustrating as it was at the time, is quite alarming. I have to say I'm a bit worried about him too. Either it's confidence, effects of covid/injury or he simply has something else going on that we aren't privy to.

He has had a good career up to this point, I thought it was a proper signing when he arrived, but of all the players struggling this season it is Hiwula who just doesn't look like a capable footballer anymore.

Along with Cukur maybe but there's doubts over whether he would or has ever looked up to it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 09, 2022, 01:13:45 pm by Filo »
Hiwula's reaction to that awful touch, as frustrating as it was at the time, is quite alarming. I have to say I'm a bit worried about him too. Either it's confidence, effects of covid/injury or he simply has something else going on that we aren't privy to.

He has had a good career up to this point, I thought it was a proper signing when he arrived, but of all the players struggling this season it is Hiwula who just doesn't look like a capable footballer anymore.

Along with Cukur maybe but there's doubts over whether he would or has ever looked up to it.

After the touch he took two steps and then just gave up on it, he was still nearer to the ball than the defender who really had to do nothing to take the ball away from him. If that was an isolated incident then not much would be said about it, but it’s been happening all season, booing him off the pitch won’t have done his mental state any good either

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 09, 2022, 01:36:37 pm by drfchound »

RA, I said yesterday that Hiwula appears to have some serious mental issues right now.
That reaction of his after the poor touch makes me very concerned for his well-being.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 09, 2022, 01:42:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
I agree Hound - he's obviously at rock bottom mentally (same way Curtis Main got). I think at this point there's nothing to be gained by criticizing him further so I will personally refrain from it. Some just seem to criticise players to get their own frustrations out, not wanting them to get better.

He shouldn't become a whipping boy for others who are equally not performing

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 09, 2022, 01:46:20 pm by drfchound »
I hope he doesn’t read Twitter or even this forum.
Just supposing he is at a ridiculously low point and topped himself.
It does happen.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 09, 2022, 01:58:40 pm by Canadian Rover »
Alternatively he could be on bad form and not putting in the work he should? If he was suffering that badly mentally and it was known to the coaching staff do you think he'd be starting week in week out?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 09, 2022, 02:02:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
Alternatively he could be on bad form and not putting in the work he should? If he was suffering that badly mentally and it was known to the coaching staff do you think he'd be starting week in week out?

We don't have any other players to replace him.

His head is not in the game, its obvious.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 09, 2022, 02:04:14 pm by drfchound »

I don’t know CR, maybe a good question to put to McSheff.
You might wonder why, given that he is nowhere near at the level he needs to be, why he is getting a shirt anyway.
A break would probably do him good.
Sometimes people don’t reveal their mental issues to people around them for fear of looking weak.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 09, 2022, 02:24:56 pm by Canadian Rover »

We don't have any other players to replace him.

His head is not in the game, its obvious.

Dodoo would have been an easy replacement in that team.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 09, 2022, 02:52:38 pm by knockers »
We have a guy on the staff that’s got a Pro Mindset book out.
Should we not be tapping into this!

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 09, 2022, 03:13:05 pm by Chris the Rover »
I thought the treatment of Jordy Hiwula yesterday, by some of our so called supporters, was an absolute disgrace. Booed for misplaced passes and lack of control of the ball, then sarcastically cheered off when he was subbed. There is no wonder he’s all over the place. Will he improve when treated like this? Not a chance. I recall not that long ago our supporters ruined the career of a young goalkeeper (Etheridge) and Hiwula seems to be going the same way. It’s disgusting!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 09, 2022, 03:21:42 pm by Canadian Rover »
Are you supposed to applaud a lack of effort and application?

I wouldn't boo him personally- but I also feel he should be no way near first team selection on current form or effort.

A lack of choice is the only reason he's in the team I'd expect.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 09, 2022, 03:22:05 pm by roversdude »
I was really pleased with Hiwula signing, unfortunately it’s not worked out so far which is a shame for him and us. There is still a lot of stigma surrounding mental health. Not sure of the best way forward for him, does giving him a rest dent his confidence even more ?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 09, 2022, 03:36:12 pm by glosterred »
Hiwula hasn’t deserved to be anywhere near the starting XI for the Rovers in the last few months, unfortunately there isn’t anyone to replace him. Although, his efforts have been such that one of the junior players wouldn’t have produced much less than he has.

COYR

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 09, 2022, 04:01:33 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Have him benched for the next 3-4 games and don't bring him on unless there is no other option. Needs to have time on the training ground and to himself to get his head straight.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 09, 2022, 04:04:13 pm by Filo »
He needs to be sat down and have a good chat and get things off his chest

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 09, 2022, 04:06:38 pm by GazLaz »

Do you think the manager won’t have already done that?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 09, 2022, 04:07:43 pm by Filo »

Do you think the manager won’t have already done that?

Probably, just thinking aloud

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 09, 2022, 04:13:48 pm by Bentley Bullet »
When he came off the pitch he looked as though he could kick himself. Wouldn't have mattered though...... He'd have missed.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 09, 2022, 04:15:56 pm by Batleyred »

If he’s suffering mentally as in mental health, it’s not that easy at all.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 09, 2022, 04:26:12 pm by MachoMadness »
I was under the impression this was Coops job at the club. I've never seen a player at rovers who needed that sort of guidance more than Hiwula seems to right now.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 09, 2022, 04:36:53 pm by wilts rover »
3 pages of personal attacks on a player clearly low in confidence shows exactly why Copps is at the club and why it is needed.

Other than destroying a career what exactly do you hope to achieve?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 09, 2022, 04:43:05 pm by ditch_drfc »
The depths people go to excuse shocking performances. Now this forum has diagnosed him with clinical depression! With zero evidence at all other than he's woeful and disinterested in doing the job he's paid to do.

The only person destroying his career is Jordy Hiwulu himself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012