Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:27:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This is interesting????  (Read 25353 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: This is interesting????
« Reply #30 on June 19, 2014, 04:30:20 pm by GazLaz »
People presume too much and see things in black and white.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 19, 2014, 04:30:30 pm by Bessie Red »
It says that the people who pledge will "Get a say in choosing the kit" not actually choose it!!

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 19, 2014, 04:31:33 pm by Wild Rover »
Well........The "Trust" gives the "Fans" a chance to own 5% of the club, not a big number in the wider scheme of things, but when was DRFC 5% owned by fans in the past . Discounting Ryan of course.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 19, 2014, 04:36:23 pm by eastender »
I wonder why the final day for pledges is the day before the take over is finalised .

Any reason ?

graemedrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 19, 2014, 04:38:26 pm by graemedrfc »
This "trust" idea is to make other organisations such as the VSC irrelevant. I'd like to know if Gavin Baldwin approves of this. What about the Dons and the Belles? Also, will Dick and Terry retain an interest?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 19, 2014, 04:38:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'm not too keen on it however if this means a self sufficient club then its overall a good thing. if the reached 2mill then with some more marketing and such JR/LT may not need to fund a 4mill loss every year which is great for the club.

Can now see why his image rights company got involved hopefully they don't get a cut of any sales....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 19, 2014, 04:39:29 pm by RedJ »
It's a bit worrying really though if this is the big idea behind funding the thing...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 19, 2014, 04:41:38 pm by wing commander »
Already the official Rovers page on FB is full of hundreds of 12 year old crooning "I'm so proud of you Louis" with more love hearts than trebor....personally I find it all a bit sad....my clubs losing its soul...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 19, 2014, 04:41:54 pm by Jenny »
There has to be more substance than this - no way could you finance a club like ours on this business model.

Even if this was the 'extra' to help push us on, £2m isn't going to get us very far.

I guess it is a way of testing the water to see how much money can be derived through exploiting LT.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 19, 2014, 04:42:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »
   it's a elitist closed shop..forget that your a season ticket holder and already contribute...If you don't pay extra your views mean nothing...IRWT has gone out the window in one move.....Basically a girl of 16 with a crush can donate money and get more of a say than we do....unless I'm misunderstanding it.....

That's my understanding as well, so my 300 quid a year plus programmes food etc every other week mean nothing, a young lass in Outer Mongolia with virtually no chance of visiting the kms could pledge £100  and have a say in the kit we wear and I dont says it all.

I appreciate the other bits LT exclusive sweat shirts etc are aimed at LT fans but they need to go back to the drawing board, they have almost totally forgotten the day in day out Doncaster Rovers supporter.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:50:00 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on June 19, 2014, 04:45:37 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What worries me is that the news article says that this is being used to fund the purchase of DRFC, rather than saying that this trust money is to be used for anything else after the TO.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 19, 2014, 04:47:22 pm by Copps is Magic »
What worries me is that the news article says that this is being used to fund the purchase of DRFC, rather than saying that this trust money is to be used for anything else after the TO.

Yep, an absolutely fundamental question we don't yet know the answer to.

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 19, 2014, 04:49:06 pm by Leebtyler »

So what happens when they dont meet the target? Because I dint think they will.

And I agree with previous posters, I bought my ST and new shirt, this is a slap in the face for me... why should I pay again tu support my club... benefits being given to kids with no affiliation  to the club.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 19, 2014, 04:49:58 pm by Wild Rover »
BUT, at days end the whole "Trust" is aimed at 1D (LT) fans.
Forget the "Shirt design" shite, ANYONE registered ( or even unregistered ) on this site or followers of DRFC facebook or DRFC twitter could do the same, and they could have been from Outer Mongolia too.  I may have pledged something, but, LT or 1D paraphernalia, or the guy himself doesn't interest me. So, I will simply carry on as if the trust doesn't exist.
Having said that if his 16 million twitter followers all pledge 5 quid, the club is laughing.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 19, 2014, 04:52:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Having said that if his 16 million twitter followers all pledge 5 quid, the club is laughing.

If this is being used to purchase the club, as according to the news article, why would the club be laughing? The money would go to purchase TB & DW's shareholding, not into the club.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 19, 2014, 04:53:39 pm by wing commander »
Some of the comments from backers...

michalgill 5 MINUTES AND 19 SECONDS AGOmichalgill
Happy to chip in!

babyspeeks 8 MINUTES AND 41 SECONDS AGObabyspeeks
So proud of you Louis! So excited to be supporting DRFC all the way from the US!
- @ohyeah1Dxx

stayrainy 10 MINUTES AND 16 SECONDS AGOstayrainy
happy to support.

bexloves1d 22 MINUTES AND 17 SECONDS AGObexloves1d
OMG I'm So So Proud of u Louis, u are soo dedicated towards all of this and your going to be an amazing co owner, keep working hard I Love u soo much x :)

hilde.grensbraten 24 MINUTES AND 4 SECONDS AGOhilde.grensbraten
Not forgetting where you came from, Louis you're keeping it real. Crossing fingers for a successful campaign and a good season!

nikkihoran 25 MINUTES AND 52 SECONDS AGOnikkihoran
So, so proud of you Louis, everyone is here to support you and I will donate as soon as I can!!! (: Love you

myhappyplace 26 MINUTES AND 36 SECONDS AGOmyhappyplace
An honour to support and give back some of the happiness that football and music always give me :)

aluskee 28 MINUTES AND 31 SECONDS AGOaluskee
Love you so so so much Louis and I am so proud of you always!

lautomlinson 30 MINUTES AND 19 SECONDS AGOlautomlinson
IT'S A BIG STEP LOUIS! YOU'RE SO FANTASTIC , I LOVE YOU , AND WE ARE PROUD OF YOU

kedy 31 MINUTES AND 19 SECONDS AGOkedy
Hi Louis!! Good Luck !! i'm so happy! i'm so proud of you!! Follow me in Twitter!! @Kedy1D19 !! i LOVE YOU SO MUCH♥

lautomlinson 31 MINUTES AND 53 SECONDS AGOlautomlinson
This is so amazing! Good luck Louis , i'm so proud of you Boy!

jurgita 34 MINUTES AND 13 SECONDS AGOjurgita
Wow this is amazing! Huge congrats you two!

dangertits 35 MINUTES AND 10 SECONDS AGOdangertits
Great job you two! Can't wait to hear the good news that you've met your goal!

angela-lewis-2014 38 MINUTES AND 48 SECONDS AGOangela-lewis-2014
This is a work of genius. Now hundreds of thousands of fans worldwide will be supporting DRFC!

khall95 40 MINUTES AND 8 SECONDS AGOkhall95
so proud!! i just got paid so i'm happy to have pledged :)

gossipcandy 42 MINUTES AND 47 SECONDS AGOgossipcandy
Incredibly proud of you, Louis! You're a great role model for how to get 'er done! Glad to support, even though I'm in the US! <3

Very innovative idea. Great stuff IMO

I'm glad you think so...Personally it saddens me we can sell our soul so cheaply.....

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 19, 2014, 04:54:20 pm by Nudga »
We always knew JR is skint

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 19, 2014, 04:56:24 pm by GazLaz »
I bet TB doesn't pledge anything!! He's not bothered about the team!!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 19, 2014, 04:57:33 pm by Jenny »
I bet TB doesn't pledge anything!! He's not bothered about the team!!

Given the ££££££s he has lost on the club after practically giving it away to JR & LT, I doubt he will be wanting to pump in even more.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 19, 2014, 04:58:22 pm by Wild Rover »

If this is being used to purchase the club, as according to the news article, why would the club be laughing? The money would go to purchase TB & DW's shareholding, not into the club.

Glyn,

You don't for one minute think the "Purchase Price" was 80 million. Hells bells if Ryan and Tomlinson paid back every penny of share value, and all loans its about Ten. So, as I said club is laughing.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 19, 2014, 05:00:32 pm by Lipsy »
RE: That news article. It wouldn't be the first time that a newspaper had got its 'facts' wrong...

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 19, 2014, 05:01:21 pm by Jenny »
It isn't what a season ticket provides, or any other service.

It is the fact that we have a very successful fan engagement programme that seems to have been forgotten at the drop of a hat because the club need to make a quick buck.

It shouldn't be about money, it should be about the fans having a say.

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 19, 2014, 05:03:42 pm by SOD »
Look more closely on the Tomlinson/Ryan Trust site it alreay has 96 backers and has raised almost £4,600 on top of louis's £500,000. THE MAIN POINT IS THAT MOST OF THE BACKERS ARE TOMLINSON FANS AND THEY ARE FLOODING IN!
most from 1D fans look at the comments on the site and you can only make a comment if you have become a backer, 4 backers have each given £250 and altogether there are 96 so far raising  £4,600

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 19, 2014, 05:04:09 pm by Dagenham Rover »
It isn't what a season ticket provides, or any other service.

It is the fact that we have a very successful fan engagement programme that seems to have been forgotten at the drop of a hat because the club need to make a quick buck.

It shouldn't be about money, it should be about the fans having a say.

Exactly

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 19, 2014, 05:04:27 pm by Bessie Red »
Looks like the wristband (£10) and T-shirt options (£25) are going well!! This could make us a fortune in a very short time!!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on June 19, 2014, 05:05:28 pm by Jenny »
Looks like the wristband (£10) and T-shirt options (£25) are going well!! This could make us a fortune in a very short time!!

You do realise that these are just pledges and won't make us anything unless the £2m pledge is reached in a months time?

graemedrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 19, 2014, 05:05:37 pm by graemedrfc »
John Ryan has never been interested in what fans have to say. Why is he going to start now? It's his way or no way. I can't believe he's weaseled his way back into the club after what happened last season. The bloke is a liability.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 19, 2014, 05:07:18 pm by Bessie Red »
Jenny, I understand that however if the rate carries on (remember how many 1D fans there are out there) then the £2million will be passed quite quickly!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 19, 2014, 05:08:14 pm by GazLaz »
John Ryan has never been interested in what fans have to say. Why is he going to start now? It's his way or no way. I can't believe he's weaseled his way back into the club after what happened last season. The bloke is a liability.

Were you saying the same when he saved us 15 years ago?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 19, 2014, 05:09:58 pm by Jenny »
Jenny, I understand that however if the rate carries on (remember how many 1D fans there are out there) then the £2million will be passed quite quickly!!
Also remember that £500k is from JR/LT to start it off - that hasn't come from 1D fans.

Also, whilst they have a massive fan base, the majority are just kids, so they would have to get their parents to fund it, who may be less excited to do so.

I hate the idea, I really do, but if this is the only way I hope it works obviously or we will be in the shit. But I see the money as a trickle at the minute more than a flood!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012