Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:01:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Downing street party  (Read 15730 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Downing street party
« Reply #150 on January 12, 2022, 05:34:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
NR.
There isn't a chance in a million Johnson will step aside. He's way too much of an egotist to even consider volunteering to step down. He will have to be told to go, either by the electorate or by the 1922 Committee.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on January 12, 2022, 05:35:41 pm by normal rules »
It's just brazen, he's simply taking the piss.

And the Police, saying they can't investigate a party they were guarding. It's beyond belief.

Do you honestly believe the police have a say over this.?
Just consider who their ultimate boss is.
She sits in the cabinet. Next to bojo.
If you don’t consider that talks between high level Home Office staff and the Met Police Chief Officer Group don’t take place about what to do, or more importantly what not to do, then might I suggest a re think.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on January 12, 2022, 05:35:59 pm by tommy toes »
BB
Post a list of Johnson's attributes and I'll glady rip them apart.
He's a liar and in the words of Eddie Mair, a nasty piece of work.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on January 12, 2022, 05:38:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's the bit that BB struggles with.

If the clouds are grey and I stick my hand out of the front door and it gets wet, I conclude that it is probably raining.

If BB insists on not looking at the sky or putting his hand out the door, and just says it isn't raining and anyone who says it is is biassed against blue skies, that isn't providing a balanced counter argument.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on January 12, 2022, 05:43:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »

And the Police, saying they can't investigate a party they were guarding. It's beyond belief.

If you don’t consider that talks between high level Home Office staff and the Met Police Chief Officer Group don’t take place about what to do, or more importantly what not to do, then might I suggest a re think.

What could the police do if they did investigate anyway, other than taking proceedings resulting in fines? The courts could hardly sack Boris!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on January 12, 2022, 05:46:32 pm by Donnywolf »
One bit of light in his pathetic " excuse " for some of you ... and which the smart a**e volunteered MIGHT just be his undoing

I arrived at 6 and left at 6.25 and went back to work. He didn't have to say that and it would be great if he had finally downed himself with a provable lie

Come on the mole. Show us the photos with long shadows and Pinocchio and Carrie Antoinette still clearly in shot

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on January 12, 2022, 05:49:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

What could the police do if they did investigate anyway, other than taking proceedings resulting in fines? The courts could hardly sack Boris!

Are you being serious in asking that question?

Don't you see the historic implication of a sitting PM being found to have committed a criminal act?

And what about the implication of  what you are saying? That the police investigation isn't important because...meh.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on January 12, 2022, 05:52:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Here's the bit that BB struggles with.

If the clouds are grey and I stick my hand out of the front door and it gets wet, I conclude that it is probably raining.

If BB insists on not looking at the sky or putting his hand out the door, and just says it isn't raining and anyone who says it is is biassed against blue skies, that isn't providing a balanced counter argument.

Not quite right BST. I look out of the window and see the weather for myself. You read the Guardian with the curtains closed and look at the forecast.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on January 12, 2022, 05:59:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Remind me. What was the last time I based any argument on a Guardian politics news story BB.

(Hint. This is where you apologise and save a bit of face if you have any self-respect.)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on January 12, 2022, 06:05:39 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I was using the Guardian as an example of the sort of lefty bullshit propaganda rag you splurge out on here all the time.

Just looked out the window as I wrote that, is that a snowflake in the distance?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on January 12, 2022, 06:13:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Go on.

Give me a recent example of me splurging stuff from lefty propaganda rags.

Or apologise and bow out. I know what I'd recommend you to do.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on January 12, 2022, 06:22:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The stuff you get from lefty propaganda rags is boring and predictable enough to read the first time around without me going back to it.

Tell you what though, seeing as I'm a decent type of guy I'll meet you halfway. I'll give you a knock the next time I see an example of it in a future post.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on January 12, 2022, 06:51:18 pm by SydneyRover »
I wonder if Carrie will lie for him when he press get to her?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on January 12, 2022, 07:03:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The stuff you get from lefty propaganda rags is boring and predictable enough to read the first time around without me going back to it.

Tell you what though, seeing as I'm a decent type of guy I'll meet you halfway. I'll give you a knock the next time I see an example of it in a future post.

Utterly embarrassing. You're well matched with the PM you refuse the criticise.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on January 12, 2022, 07:28:30 pm by belton rover »
Does anyone remember how I, and others who had a similar opinion were very recently (and incorrectly) accused of bullying? Exactly the same thing is happening here. Thankfully, and to his credit, Billy dismissed it and I imagine Bentley will do the same.
But this is where we are on here now (and before Filo pipes up, I accept my part in all that, although I’m really trying now).
Bentley, or anyone else has the right to defend whoever they like, or to say as much or as little as they like about anything.
Some people do still believe in Johnson and the government whether the haters like it or not.

The amount of responses and attacks because of preconceived assumptions is scary. Tommy thinks I’m a right wing nasty piece of work. He’s way off the mark on both counts, but him saying it made me question why he thinks that. The spat we had was absolutely six and two threes, but I was the nasty one. So I have to take some responsibility for the way in which Tommy, Billy et al view who I appear to be, to them.
But anyway, I continue to offer the olive branch of peace and mutual respect to everyone.

f**k me, I don’t know where that came from, I haven’t even had a drink.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on January 12, 2022, 07:40:13 pm by SydneyRover »
So what's the lesson, if any, don't talk gibberish be honest?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 12, 2022, 07:46:03 pm by scawsby steve »
Does anyone remember how I, and others who had a similar opinion were very recently (and incorrectly) accused of bullying? Exactly the same thing is happening here. Thankfully, and to his credit, Billy dismissed it and I imagine Bentley will do the same.
But this is where we are on here now (and before Filo pipes up, I accept my part in all that, although I’m really trying now).
Bentley, or anyone else has the right to defend whoever they like, or to say as much or as little as they like about anything.
Some people do still believe in Johnson and the government whether the haters like it or not.

The amount of responses and attacks because of preconceived assumptions is scary. Tommy thinks I’m a right wing nasty piece of work. He’s way off the mark on both counts, but him saying it made me question why he thinks that. The spat we had was absolutely six and two threes, but I was the nasty one. So I have to take some responsibility for the way in which Tommy, Billy et al view who I appear to be, to them.
But anyway, I continue to offer the olive branch of peace and mutual respect to everyone.

It's the Kieran Agard signing.

Green shoots and all that.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on January 12, 2022, 07:49:47 pm by belton rover »

It's the Kieran Agard signing.

Green shoots and all that.

Maybe so.

‘Green shoots’ - I’ve missed that commentary.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on January 12, 2022, 07:57:23 pm by tommy toes »
Belton
I was having a reasoned argument with you about making assumptions.
I was quite clear in the presentation of my argument, which you completely ignored and stonewalled and then accused me of making less and less sense.
You were only interested in goading me.
It was obvious, which was why I withdrew.
You seem to revel in goading people, just for the sake of it, which is why, though you need to ask him, BST ignores you.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on January 12, 2022, 08:05:55 pm by wilts rover »

Aother good post Belton - after this and tackling homophobes at the match it wont be long before you start getting a rep as a woke lefty snowflake.

I did think about replying to Bentley Bullets accusations about me a few posts back with examples of the several times I have praised Johnson over his environmental stances and policies - which I have always admired and been impressed by - but not for very long. Its a waste of time arguing with a bigoted troll

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on January 12, 2022, 08:15:03 pm by belton rover »
Belton
I was having a reasoned argument with you about making assumptions.
I was quite clear in the presentation of my argument, which you completely ignored and stonewalled and then accused me of making less and less sense.
You were only interested in goading me.
It was obvious, which was why I withdrew.
You seem to revel in goading people, just for the sake of it, which is why, though you need to ask him, BST ignores you.

Tommy, I won’t get into another spat with you. But, if anyone looked at our exchange with complete impartiality, they would see two posters being as bad as each other.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on January 12, 2022, 08:17:13 pm by tommy toes »
OK Belton
Maybe you're right. It's hard to be objective from a polar opposite stance I'll admit.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 08:27:32 pm by tommy toes »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on January 12, 2022, 08:24:57 pm by SydneyRover »
''Raab says he expects Johnson to continue in office 'for many years to come'''

That's it then johnson's a gonner

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on January 12, 2022, 08:33:12 pm by belton rover »
Troll and WUM. Two other things I’ve been accused of.
WUM is an interesting one. Since when did winding someone up become such a hideous crime?
Billy once said something along the lines of wishing this forum could be like an evening in Rosso Miner’s welfare back in the ‘80s. How much winding up do you think went on in places like that. Why is taking the piss suddenly offensive and shameful?
It should be funny. And if someone goes too far, they should be told, and tek it on ‘t chin.

As for trolling - that doesn’t happen on here, not really. But any slight resemblance of trolling comes in equal measures from both ‘sides’.

Reading those early pages really did have an effect on me and I genuinely hope we can continue to debate and discuss and argue, but more importantly, have a bloody laugh.

I’ve been at work recently and been cross about something that was said on here the night before. That is so, so wrong.
Never again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on January 12, 2022, 08:40:42 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Aother good post Belton - after this and tackling homophobes at the match it wont be long before you start getting a rep as a woke lefty snowflake.

I did think about replying to Bentley Bullets accusations about me a few posts back with examples of the several times I have praised Johnson over his environmental stances and policies - which I have always admired and been impressed by - but not for very long. Its a waste of time arguing with a bigoted troll

I must have missed those several examples of praising Johnson, Wilts. Any chance of reposting them?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on January 12, 2022, 08:47:50 pm by SydneyRover »
''One former minister was even less convinced, saying Johnson “didn’t apologise for what he did but for things that may or may not have happened which he officially knows nothing about until Sue Gray tells him about it”. Another MP said: “I’ve not seen such a half-arsed apology since my child apologised for spilling all the milk.”

People can be so cruel

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #176 on January 12, 2022, 08:52:50 pm by tyke1962 »
Johnson looked to me a dead man walking and someone who knows the games up .

Just a case of the plotting and this , that and the other to produce a candidate to take him on in a Tory leadership contest .

They'll be plenty going off inside the oak panelled rooms despite the posture and show of support in some quarters .

It's just a question of when Johnson goes rather than if .

It's inconceivable he'll still be around come the next election .

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on January 12, 2022, 08:58:14 pm by Branton Red »
Boris Johnson the privileged, private school educated class clown whose never been able to grow up.

Spent his entire life on the cusp or just over it in terms of breaking the rules but getting away with it due to who he is and his ability to cover with a joke or false act of baffled stupidity.

Now, wholly to type, breaking his own rules or on the cusp of doing so on a regular basis.

I think the Great British public's patience with his antics are starting to wear very thin.

The Conservative Party are masters of ensuring their re-electability - they won't put up with him for much longer at this rate.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:47:37 pm by Branton Red »

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #178 on January 12, 2022, 09:05:12 pm by tommy toes »
If he's going, then who's next?

My vote goes to Jacob Rees-Mogg, for 3 reasons:-

Those Corn Laws need repealing.

He's promised to find a cure for rickets.

He's vowed to sort out those pesky Colonials for the shenanigans in Boston Harbour.

Vote Mogg. Keep those Whigs out!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on January 12, 2022, 09:06:14 pm by ravenrover »
LK now tweeting that The Clown is telling MP's it's not his fault and he's taking the blame to protect others!
Thee Independant reporting that staff at No10 have been advised to clear their phones of any ipotentially incriminating evidence
Priti Pathetic who threatened to report any of her neighbours for partying during lockdown is now defending the PM, you couldn't make it up!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:13:19 pm by ravenrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012