Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 04:54:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Downing street party  (Read 15731 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Downing street party
« Reply #240 on January 14, 2022, 10:55:49 am by SydneyRover »
The tories have pretty much sold themselves for pieces of silver putting jonson at the top of their slag heap, much like the republicans investing in trump.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on January 14, 2022, 11:15:43 am by SydneyRover »
There are no excuses this absolute disaster was predictable and avoidable and shows that the tory party put themselves light years in front of the the British people. If you have any doubts read this.

I was Boris Johnson’s boss: he is utterly unfit to be prime minister

Max Hastings

''Six years ago, the Cambridge historian Christopher Clark published a study of the outbreak of the first world war, titled The Sleepwalkers. Though Clark is a fine scholar, I was unconvinced by his title, which suggested that the great powers stumbled mindlessly to disaster. On the contrary, the maddest aspect of 1914 was that each belligerent government convinced itself that it was acting rationally''

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jun/24/boris-johnson-prime-minister-tory-party-britain

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on January 14, 2022, 11:32:28 am by tommy toes »
I remember reading that at the time Sydney.
Reading it now it really has come to pass.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #243 on January 14, 2022, 11:36:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Absolutely. I have a bit of sympathy for him given he wasn't around for the others, but that's what you get when you don't nip it in the bud from the start.

Un-f**king-believable!

Sorry but it's slightly harsh to fully blame him for something that happened when he wasn't even in the same county.  As I said though he allowed the precedent and his team to behave that way so as the leader is at fault for not preventing it at the start.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #244 on January 14, 2022, 11:51:12 am by SydneyRover »
Absolutely. I have a bit of sympathy for him given he wasn't around for the others, but that's what you get when you don't nip it in the bud from the start.

Un-f**king-believable!

Sorry but it's slightly harsh to fully blame him for something that happened when he wasn't even in the same county.  As I said though he allowed the precedent and his team to behave that way so as the leader is at fault for not preventing it at the start.

fmd pud, are you seriously suggesting the just because johnson is out to lunch the rest of the shower can engage in dangerous and criminal behaviour, aren't they supposed to be the law and order party?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on January 14, 2022, 11:53:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And there's Rees-Mogg last night trying to defend it by saying the rules were perhaps too harsh.
Unbelievable

I predicted this 18 months ago from TLO Rees-Mogg.

Start by saying the science is driving policy. Then when hundreds of thousands of lives have been saved, switch to, "Well it was too harsh but the scientists are to blame."

What do you expect from the son of the author of The Sovereign Individual. Worth a read if you want to understand how the true Elite operates these days.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on January 14, 2022, 01:03:04 pm by ravenrover »
If there is enough letters to force a leadership election can Johnson still be put forward as a candidate? My guess would be if so he would walk it back in again

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on January 14, 2022, 01:29:28 pm by Ldr »
If there is enough letters to force a leadership election can Johnson still be put forward as a candidate? My guess would be if so he would walk it back in again

I’d be surprised if that happened RR, his ‘brand’ is too tainted now

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on January 14, 2022, 01:43:33 pm by Axholme Lion »

Un-f**king-believable!

fmd pud, are you seriously suggesting the just because johnson is out to lunch the rest of the shower can engage in dangerous and criminal behaviour, aren't they supposed to be the law and order party?

There is no law and order in this country anymore, unless you go to football matches.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on January 14, 2022, 01:48:32 pm by Filo »
Downing Street apologises to the Queen, (not Johnson), the Queen should dissolve Parliament and dismiss her Govt for gross misconduct

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #250 on January 14, 2022, 02:23:41 pm by ravenrover »

Who actually has a say in who the next leader is Tory MPs or The Tory masses? If it includes the Tory masses well "it's only Boris being Boris" if it's just down to MPs particularly the red wall elected MPs might be a different matter

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on January 14, 2022, 03:04:42 pm by ChrisBx »

Who actually has a say in who the next leader is Tory MPs or The Tory masses? If it includes the Tory masses well "it's only Boris being Boris" if it's just down to MPs particularly the red wall elected MPs might be a different matter

Tory MPs decide which two candidates to put to a vote of Tory Party members.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on January 14, 2022, 03:09:47 pm by River Don »

Tory MPs decide which two candidates to put to a vote of Tory Party members.

So that's Boris turfed out in the early rounds then.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on January 14, 2022, 04:11:23 pm by ravenrover »
If Johnson gets to the last 2 he's a shoe-in

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on January 14, 2022, 04:14:06 pm by Donnywolf »
Queen gets to decide

Seriously I would not dare visit Buck House again if I were him

But Pinocchio isn't short of "front" even if he's long in the nose Dept

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on January 14, 2022, 05:58:23 pm by wilts rover »
Not a massive incident in the grand scheme of things, but have you noticed the same people who failed to spot a Chinese spy in Parliament for five years allowed a large suitcase full of illicit booze to be wheeled into Downing Street.

No wonder they failed to stop the Manchester Arena bomber or the Fishmonger's Hall attack.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #256 on January 14, 2022, 06:22:31 pm by wilts rover »

Un-f**king-believable!

Anyone know what the rules were on travelling to your weekend holiday home at this time?

I thought no holidays were permitted, travel was essential purposes only and you should stay at your main place of residence unless absolutely necessary?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on January 14, 2022, 07:56:45 pm by tyke1962 »
I think this is defiantly the angriest I've seen this country since possibly 1989 / 90 and the Poll Tax period .

When young lads at work who have about as much interest in politics as I have about synchronised swimming are angry then you know it's bad .

What's really fascinating is to see the Tories trying to rally round making themselves look more ridiculous by the hour .

The truth is they don't know what the feck to do .

The lack of a true contender to Bunter is really coming home to roost right now .

The ERG have captured the Tory Party pretty much lock , stock and two smoking barrels , there is no safe pair of hands lined up in the wing , they've all got previous .

I don't think kicking Bunter out of the door and he takes the problem away will work this time for the Tories .

Keeping him in the job could result in an election defeat of 97 proportions .

They are proper screwed this time in my opinion .

The most laughable part is Starmer has a 10 point lead on account of doing absolutely nothing .

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #258 on January 14, 2022, 08:01:17 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Heard a quote on the radio today that said that it was about time a grown up was put in charge of the country.

Thought it summed up Bozo perfectly.

Pointing out the immature, childish attitude Bozo seems to have about just about everything. Grinning, smirking and joking about serious issues.

The bloke is a total f**kwit.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #259 on January 14, 2022, 08:10:32 pm by SydneyRover »
Heard a quote on the radio today that said that it was about time a grown up was put in charge of the country.

Pointing out the immature, childish attitude Bozo seems to have about just about everything. Grinning, smirking and joking about serious issues.

the thing is CDH he's never been any different has he? with this maniacal want to build memorials to himself, cable cars across London, garden bridge, tunnels and bridges to Ireland, royal yacht, all design to make him a hero with other peoples money. Everyone knew exactly what they were getting.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on January 14, 2022, 08:14:18 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

the thing is CDH he's never been any different has he? with this maniacal want to build memorials to himself, cable cars across London, garden bridge, tunnels and bridges to Ireland, royal yacht, all design to make him a hero with other peoples money. Everyone knew exactly what they were getting.

I guess so Sydney. More fool them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #261 on January 14, 2022, 08:25:29 pm by drfchound »

Having watched the news a couple of times this week it seems to me that a lot of people don’t watch the news at all, never read a newspaper and certainly never read a third division football forum because when the tv interviewer asked random people in the street whether they would vote conservative again a significant amount of them said that they would do.
Some even said that they thought Boris is ok and was doing his best.
This is not my opinion by the way so my usual detractors need not bother piling in.
I am simply offering some information to suggest why things are as they are in politics.
To be honest, if I didn’t contribute to this forum I would probably not know about the majority of the off topic stuff that seems to dominate the lives of some people on here.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on January 14, 2022, 08:26:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The most laughable part is Starmer has a 10 point lead on account of doing absolutely nothing .

Folk really don't understand how politics works.

Opposition parties don't ever, ever, ever beat parties in Govt by making the weather. Ruling parties lose by f**king up. Always

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #263 on January 14, 2022, 08:50:49 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Folk really don't understand how politics works.

Opposition parties don't ever, ever, ever beat parties in Govt by making the weather. Ruling parties lose by f**king up. Always

True. You'd think they'd learn though from others (and their) previous mistakes.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on January 14, 2022, 08:57:35 pm by ravenrover »
Newest btanch of Wetherspoons

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #265 on January 14, 2022, 09:15:01 pm by SydneyRover »
With respect RR, it's more like Octoberfest the whole year round.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on January 14, 2022, 09:18:59 pm by SydneyRover »
The local Co Op is now laying off staff in the wine department.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on January 14, 2022, 09:45:45 pm by River Don »
I think it probably is true that a great many people don't take any interest in the news whatsoever. My sister is one.

In the past when there weren't so many TV channels, people were probably more inclined to sit through the news before Corra came on or whatever. Nowadays, it's all on demand. Watch what you want.

If you're not bothered about the news, it's easier to avoid.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on January 14, 2022, 09:50:30 pm by mugnapper »
Thanks to Brexit, we are no longer having to buy wine by the litre, we Brits can now buy wine by the suitcase again. Put that in your pipe and smoke it Ms Lagarde!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on January 14, 2022, 10:06:41 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess the next expose' will be that tax payers paid for the booze that fuelled all these illegal gatherings.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012