Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:51:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game  (Read 14861 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Fleetwood game
« Reply #60 on August 15, 2019, 08:37:39 am by vaya »
And yes it was a poor result then was it not? Just as it’s a poor result now.
We got through that tie though, we didn’t get through this one

So isolated poor results don't define a season.

Important lesson for us all there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 15, 2019, 08:44:22 am by dickos1 »
Nobody has suggested it defines a season but it’s fine to admit when you have a poor result rather than coming up with a load of daft excuses.

Not sure it’s an isolated result, since we came back after the summer I think the only sides we’ve beaten are rossington and Gainsborough

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 15, 2019, 08:47:40 am by ian1980 »
So, it’s Thursday press conference day, do we think there is going to be an announcement today?

Given that there are no whispers or noises from the club you would think probably not. Having said that, we didn’t hear anything about the last signing until it happened.

I have to say, I’ll be quite disappointed if we’re going into our third league game of the season without a recognised striker and think it will make it a really tough game on Saturday.

However, I’ll go into Saturday with the usual optimism and hope and cheer on those 11 players on the field

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 15, 2019, 09:01:38 am by the vicar »
Is this not the Fleetwood thread I thought I was in a time warp can't you lot make love in another thread 😊

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 15, 2019, 09:13:54 am by DonnyOsmond »
We've had more Friday announcements recently.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 15, 2019, 09:23:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Oh don't mess with people's heads!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 15, 2019, 06:04:25 pm by drfchound »
I’ve no idea of the point you’re trying to make?
Yes if we lose to a non league team then I will say it’s a game we should be winning

You’ve spent some time arguing in this thread that not beating Grimsby in a cup competition is an indictment of a team chasing promotion.

Last season’s promotion chasing team didn’t beat a non-league team in a cup competition.

That’s the point.

But we did beat a non league side in the FACup last season, 7-0 as I recall.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 15, 2019, 06:06:16 pm by drfchound »
Nobody is saying that
But to try and say it’s not a bad result is nonsense.

I was a bad result,no question.
Against Grimsby development team.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 15, 2019, 06:53:47 pm by selby »
  I have seen enough games to know no result is a given, Last season I left the house for the home game against Fleeetwood full of confidence of a win, spirits high, only to witness the thrashing we got that day.
  Well expectations are somewhat lower for this weekend, the last thing I am expecting is us to go on a goal spree, but that is not to say we will not, everything in football is possible.
  If we were to win this game, the thing I really hope is that we/ the club don't think The team does not need strengthening, because we do, especially up front.
  Hopefully Taylor is now integrated in the squad and can start,  John is a plus in central defence, is there any news on Wright? who would be a big plus if he were fit to play.
  Sadlier is a must, and Coppinger will be back to give us some experience in midfield. So we have a team, that if we play well can cause problems, and will create chances, hopefully we can take a couple and give our supporters a lift.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 15, 2019, 07:20:50 pm by sha66y »
Toughie....2-1 ..a gasp as the tide turns, and the clouds of doubt begin to dissipate...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 15, 2019, 07:31:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
  I have seen enough games to know no result is a given, Last season I left the house for the home game against Fleeetwood full of confidence of a win, spirits high, only to witness the thrashing we got that day.
  Well expectations are somewhat lower for this weekend, the last thing I am expecting is us to go on a goal spree, but that is not to say we will not, everything in football is possible.
  If we were to win this game, the thing I really hope is that we/ the club don't think The team does not need strengthening, because we do, especially up front.
  Hopefully Taylor is now integrated in the squad and can start,  John is a plus in central defence, is there any news on Wright? who would be a big plus if he were fit to play.
  Sadlier is a must, and Coppinger will be back to give us some experience in midfield. So we have a team, that if we play well can cause problems, and will create chances, hopefully we can take a couple and give our supporters a lift.

Well if we can improve on that 4-0 last season then things must be going in the right direction!

DFP says we are hopeful of bringing in someone in time for Saturdays game.

All it needs is a goal to get us on the front foot and raise confidence. It won't be easy but we are capable.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on August 15, 2019, 07:48:36 pm by eastender »
The DFP also said we were bringing someone in early this week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 15, 2019, 08:06:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Well on Sunday they said “Next few days". Anyway, the main thing is we could still have a fresh face in for Saturday.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 15, 2019, 08:07:32 pm by steve@dcfd »

“Behind the scenes hopes are high that a new striker could be on board in time to face Joey Barton’s Fleetwood.”
Hopes and we were bringing in  is slightly different interpretation

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 15, 2019, 09:03:20 pm by the vicar »
I fear that the cowardly thug that is Joey Barton & his team of time wasters, niggly foulers & off the ball assaulters may yet again bully their way to a result unless.......
with our current squad they will not need to bully us into defeat unless we bring in at least 3 before the game on Saturday but we won't, but I hope we do

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 15, 2019, 09:21:18 pm by NewDonny »
Also I’ve no idea where you’re getting 7 brand new players from.
Out of that starting 11,
8 of the outfield 10 would be in our strongest 11 with just John being swapped for wright and kiwomya swapped for probably taylor
Grimsby has two lads from their youth team starting and made 7 changes from their last game

Try again, absolute rubbish!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 15, 2019, 09:23:33 pm by NewDonny »
Nobody is saying that

Whereas painting it as a bad result three games into the season with a brand new side and manager isn't then :laugh: :laugh:.

Wow  :laugh:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 15, 2019, 09:26:20 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody is saying that

Whereas painting it as a bad result three games into the season with a brand new side and manager isn't then :laugh: :laugh:.

It’s a bad result whenever it is.
They played their reserve team, it’s a poor result nothing more nothing less.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 15, 2019, 09:27:05 pm by NewDonny »
I fear that the cowardly thug that is Joey Barton & his team of time wasters, niggly foulers & off the ball assaulters may yet again bully their way to a result unless.......
with our current squad they will not need to bully us into defeat unless we bring in at least 3 before the game on Saturday but we won't, but I hope we do

As I said, let's not bother turning up then, lets give them the 3 points now.

Dear oh dear!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 15, 2019, 09:28:27 pm by NewDonny »
Nobody is saying that

Your boring me now, go and find somewhere else to be miserable and negative.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 15, 2019, 09:29:29 pm by dickos1 »
Out of that starting 11,
8 of the outfield 10 would be in our strongest 11 with just John being swapped for wright and kiwomya swapped for probably taylor
Grimsby has two lads from their youth team starting and made 7 changes from their last game

😂😂
What’s absolute rubbish is you trying to say we had 7 brand new players playing.

Last season we had just as many new players and won our first 3 games.

There’s no excuses losing that match, does it mean the season is over? No? Does it show we need the side strengthening? Yes

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 15, 2019, 09:31:23 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody is saying that

Your boring me now, go and find somewhere else to be miserable and negative.

Behave yourself,
Miserable and negative because I don’t think it was a good result losing to a side a league below.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 15, 2019, 09:39:28 pm by drfchound »
Out of that starting 11,

The match report on their official website clearly says that Grimsby made seven changes for the match from the previous Saturday.
The Rovers team, including players who came on,included ten players who have featured in the two league matches, including sub appearances.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 15, 2019, 10:09:42 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly hound

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 15, 2019, 11:24:17 pm by NewDonny »
Out of that starting 11,

The match report on their official website clearly says that Grimsby made seven changes for the match from the previous Saturday.
The Rovers team, including players who came on,included ten players who have featured in the two league matches, including sub appearances.

OK let's say that was true, what your conveniently glossing over to support your position, so I will spell it out for you once again as you seem incapable of taking facts other than what you want to believe on board:

We too made 6 changes to the starting lineup on Saturday.  We also gave starting debuts to 3 players - the two lads from Wolves U23's and the keeper on loan from QPR. We also played Kiwoyma, Crawford & Blair - who have played a total of about 45 minutes between them all season and that was Blair replacing Baptiste, Kiwoyma and Crawford had 0 minutes pitch time in competitive matches this season up to Tuesday evening.

So in fact we only fielded Whiteman, Sadlier, Halliday and James from the team that started Saturday ourselves and Whiteman only played 45 minutes. Then there was Taylor who has just joined us who got another 10 - 15 minutes pitch time.

Yes we lost, so what, it's not the distorter you and others on here would have a=us all believe. Your summary that it was a poor loss against a team we should have beaten is just not reflective of the situation, we played very well, bossed the game, should have won it for for their keepers saves and a lapse of concentration in midfield when we were pressing to attack led to a single goal that won them the game. But a lot more positive scam out of tg game than negatives and we move on having learnt lot.

On another day, we convert 2 or 3 of the excellent chances we carved out for ourselves instead of the keeper pulling off excellent saves and we win the game, that football, its fine margins. That coupled with the fact that we are only 3 games into a new season and bedding in a brand new team and management for suggest that there are plenty of positives to work on with a whole season ahead.

The alternative of course, is we could all listen to you Dickos1, Vicar and others, who collectively think we played appallingly, didn't create a chance and they were all over us which is as far from the truth as can be.

Now I truly am done with this subject.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 16, 2019, 01:00:04 am by drfcsteve »
Regardless of what our team was, Grimsby played their reserves and youth team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 16, 2019, 07:23:47 am by dickos1 »
Out of that starting 11,

OK let's say that was true, what your conveniently glossing over to support your position, so I will spell it out for you once again as you seem incapable of taking facts other than what you want to believe on board:

We too made 6 changes to the starting lineup on Saturday.  We also gave starting debuts to 3 players - the two lads from Wolves U23's and the keeper on loan from QPR. We also played Kiwoyma, Crawford & Blair - who have played a total of about 45 minutes between them all season and that was Blair replacing Baptiste, Kiwoyma and Crawford had 0 minutes pitch time in competitive matches this season up to Tuesday evening.

So in fact we only fielded Whiteman, Sadlier, Halliday and James from the team that started Saturday ourselves and Whiteman only played 45 minutes. Then there was Taylor who has just joined us who got another 10 - 15 minutes pitch time.

Yes we lost, so what, it's not the distorter you and others on here would have a=us all believe. Your summary that it was a poor loss against a team we should have beaten is just not reflective of the situation, we played very well, bossed the game, should have won it for for their keepers saves and a lapse of concentration in midfield when we were pressing to attack led to a single goal that won them the game. But a lot more positive scam out of tg game than negatives and we move on having learnt lot.

On another day, we convert 2 or 3 of the excellent chances we carved out for ourselves instead of the keeper pulling off excellent saves and we win the game, that football, its fine margins. That coupled with the fact that we are only 3 games into a new season and bedding in a brand new team and management for suggest that there are plenty of positives to work on with a whole season ahead.

The alternative of course, is we could all listen to you Dickos1, Vicar and others, who collectively think we played appallingly, didn't create a chance and they were all over us which is as far from the truth as can be.

Now I truly am done with this subject.

If you’re going to start accusing people of nonsense in your post then at least get it right .
Not once have I said we didn’t create any chances, not once have I said we played poorly.
I’ve said it was a poor result which it was.

It’s irrelevnt how many minutes Crawford and Blair have played this season they have been consistently first team regulars over the last 18 months.

As I mentioned which you have conveniently ignore, last season we had just as many new players and just as many changes for the cup games yet won all three of our first games.

Which is why your silly excuses are exactly that

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 16, 2019, 07:37:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
What's this got to do with the Fleetwood game?

I'm looking forward to seeing Darren shake Barton's hand... He may need hospital treatnent.. Revenge for the good guys!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 16, 2019, 08:04:31 am by since-1969 »
What's this got to do with the Fleetwood game?

I'm looking forward to seeing Darren shake Barton's hand... He may need hospital treatnent.. Revenge for the good guys!
I very much doubt that they’ll be any altercations at this game , yet the though of his skinny ass had been dragged up and down tunnel would make a great post match interview. 

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 16, 2019, 08:20:54 am by steve@dcfd »
If we do create enough chances against Fleetwood then we must start taking them. Only Sadlier has done that so far in the two league games. We don’t know what the new players at this level will do, but the players in the squad from last season are not goal scorers consistently in the league let’s hope things change.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:24:27 am by steve@dcfd »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012