Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 08:12:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Where do you think the Rovers will finish this season?

1st (Champions)
32 (18.4%)
2nd (Promoted)
31 (17.8%)
3rd (Play-offs)
21 (12.1%)
4th (Play-offs)
21 (12.1%)
5th (Play-offs)
23 (13.2%)
6th (Play-offs)
10 (5.7%)
7th
21 (12.1%)
8th
6 (3.4%)
Below 8th
9 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 164

Voting closed: February 23, 2013, 10:49:16 pm

Author Topic: Where will we finish?  (Read 3611 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Where will we finish?
« on February 16, 2013, 10:49:16 pm by Mr1Croft »
Curious is all...While I am asking, anyone who thinks the last three games are bad click on the link below and see what we all guessed at the beginning of the season:

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=233830.msg255483#msg255483

The last time I asked this twice as many people predicted the bottom 6 than the top 6.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Where will we finish?
« Reply #1 on February 16, 2013, 11:53:17 pm by Red wizard »
Very funny reading back what some posters put.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2013, 12:38:25 am by RoversAlias »
I don't want to vote as I can't decide, but I do not seem to be able to just view the results for some reason!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2013, 12:45:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Second behind Bournemouth

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2013, 12:59:16 am by MiKA »
Without strengthening our squad,   8th    :chair:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2013, 01:08:05 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We do need two or three just to maintain the squad Mika, i base my prediction that the board will support a few signings.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2013, 01:49:03 am by BobG »
Interesting that very nearly a quarter of those who've voted so far think we'll finish out of the play offs.

That suggests to me that a sizable minority is not convinced by some combination of the manager, the squad and the Board. That ought to be quite worrying actually.

BobG

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2013, 07:16:21 am by auckleyflyer »
Same as I said back then :) top two!!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2013, 08:00:31 am by dknward2 »
I put 12th at the start of the season which I would have been happy with but now I think anything less than top six will be disappointing, but top two will be amazing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2013, 08:56:53 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting that very nearly a quarter of those who've voted so far think we'll finish out of the play offs.

That suggests to me that a sizable minority is not convinced by some combination of the manager, the squad and the Board. That ought to be quite worrying actually.

BobG

Bob

Depends if it's the same cohort who we convinced that we were going down with the clueless "Soundbite Saunders" in charge.

If it's them, it's not worrying in the slightest.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2013, 09:24:02 am by dickos1 »

BobG

Why is that worrying?? All that confirms is we have a set of negative, miserable bunch of fans.
Just looking at the predictions from the summer should tell you that bob, should also tell you we don't really have a clue about the credentials of our team.
I understand your disappointment at losing your relegation bet but it was a very strange bet to put on anyway.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2013, 09:35:33 am by not on facebook »
If rovers win next two games you all be Saying promotion.

If rovers dont win next two games you Will all or most
Will be Saying top six sport.

Iam going all in with promotion

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2013, 01:21:26 pm by Mr1Croft »
I said Champions. Despite our blip in form we still have picked up more points per game than any other team in the division which leads me to make the sound conclusion that after every team has played 46 games we will be lifting the League One Title...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2013, 02:29:47 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm going to abstain for now because the truth is I honestly don't know til Monday. Is our blip a result of injuries as some said, or are there some more worrying concerns underneath? Are we equipped to deal with this blip and bounce back stronger as we have done so many times this season or did that spirit leave with Saunders? Impossible to tell at this stage, but I think what happens on Monday will tell us a lot about where our season is going.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2013, 03:12:13 pm by Sandy Lane »

It would be lovely to be in the top two places, but my head says that Donny usually does not take the easy road and we will have to fight for our promotion  place, so I'm crossing off 1 and 2 sadly.  So that leaves places 3-6 and I think it will be one of those.  IMO there will always be blips and it's just a matter of if there are more blips which would bring our place down, and less blips we'll be closer to top 2.  I'm going for moderate blips = place 4.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2013, 05:41:47 pm by Chris »
I've gone for third but it's going to be incredibly close so I predict without any real confidence.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2013, 05:45:36 pm by i_ateallthepies »
The way most games have gone this season what we've seen in the last three games very easily could have been the norm for the season.
Possession stats have barely shown us to have dominated in any game and there have been very few where the scoreline shows us winning comfortably (Scunny apart), but with the 'never say die' mindset that the team has shown combined with the rub of the green we've picked up a lot of points which in previous seasons we would have dropped.

It seems highly improbable to me that that rub will continue unabated right through the season, and hence our recent results.   We'll pick up some more wins on the run-in off the back of the grit the team displays but I really don't see us continuing at the rate we have right through to the end.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2013, 07:34:31 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I've gone for 4th purely based on current form. If we get a couple of victories very soon we'll romp the league  :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 17, 2013, 08:47:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Given that I wrote the following pile of ba-baa less than three weeks back, I'm saying nowt on this subject.
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=237223.msg304283#msg304283

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 17, 2013, 09:26:15 pm by BobG »

Bob

Depends if it's the same cohort who we convinced that we were going down with the clueless "Soundbite Saunders" in charge.

If it's them, it's not worrying in the slightest.

I agree Billy. But it's both a bit complicated  explaining the ins and outs of the size of the sample (much too small to be statistically valid when I wrote that) and the inherent bias of those who choose to vote, and,  not very relevant to the point I was making: that there is still a distinct lack of cohesion amongst supporters of DRFC. That really ought to be a worry. And Dickos, give attempting to score cheap points. It does you no credit. You entirely missed the point. Again.

BobG

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 17, 2013, 09:40:49 pm by Al4475 »
I think it'd be a massive collapse of ridiculous proportions if we finished beneath the play-offs. I think this current spell is our 'blip' that every team has - and could be put right tomorrow so I'd still go top two!

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 17, 2013, 09:48:50 pm by streatham dave »
6th it is for me, but up via playoffs.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 17, 2013, 09:51:05 pm by wilts rover »
The way most games have gone this season what we've seen in the last three games very easily could have been the norm for the season.
Possession stats have barely shown us to have dominated in any game and there have been very few where the scoreline shows us winning comfortably (Scunny apart), but with the 'never say die' mindset that the team has shown combined with the rub of the green we've picked up a lot of points which in previous seasons we would have dropped.

It seems highly improbable to me that that rub will continue unabated right through the season, and hence our recent results.   We'll pick up some more wins on the run-in off the back of the grit the team displays but I really don't see us continuing at the rate we have right through to the end.

Not quite correct, in 2 of the last 3 homes games we dominated possession - and one won and lost one. So whatever the stats show, its not relevant on the pitch anyway.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 17, 2013, 09:54:17 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
We will win the league imo... The fact the likes of Yeovil and Bournemouth have had quality spells recently and yet we'll still be top of the league after we win tomorrow, shows just how good we've been. Always knew we'd finish above Tranmere and that they wouldn't be at the top when it matters.

The question should be... Who do we think will go up with us and who would you want to go up?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 17, 2013, 10:32:06 pm by BobG »
In answer to that BVP, the Blades. Bigger gate receipts from having a derby next season.

BobG

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 17, 2013, 10:45:00 pm by Mr1Croft »
I think Yeovil are in dangerous form and have put their name into the mix with 9 wins in the last ten, including wins against Coventry, Tranmere, Preston, Brentford, MK Dons and Sheffield United, even if they do go down to winning 5/6 of the next 10 that may be enough to keep them challenging for the top 2, which gives us 6 teams (Brentford, Bournemouth, DRFC, Tranmere, Sheffield United and Yeovil) who are going to fight it out in the coming weeks. I guess that the next 5 games will be crucial and will knock that 6 down to 3, the problem is who will that be? My money is on Brentford, Tranmere and Sheffield United with us Yeovil and Bournemouth fighting the top 3, but the more I think about it the more I'm convinced our next 2 matches could be the most crucial. Will tomorrow be our Mansfield moment?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 17, 2013, 10:54:45 pm by hoolahoop »
Gone for 2nd. but that hinges on the quality of the incoming players and the ability of BF to integrate them into the team/squad quickly.

mina75

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 18, 2013, 11:53:32 am by mina75 »
I've been saying us and blades will finish in top 2 since 10 games into the season and i have voted that way. Yes we have slipped up in our last 3 games but the fact we had a 6point buffer means we are still up there in a better position than some of the other teams, Bournemouth and Yeovil will not go rest of the season without losing games.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 18, 2013, 12:46:16 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Wilts. Ref stats and us 'dominating' possession.
Stats v McDons:

Possession. Us 50% MK 50%
Attempts. Us 3 MK 13
On target. Us 0 MK 3
Corners. Us 1 MK 7

Hardly dominating. Stats courtesy of BBC sports

TinyPortal © 2005-2012