Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:53:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???  (Read 18727 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re:10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester
« Reply #60 on December 04, 2010, 08:20:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Has anybody that emailed them had the courtesy of a reply?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

danum

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 04, 2010, 08:55:21 pm by danum »
I emailed politely ... and no - no response

most courteous of them

NorthNorfolkRover

« Reply #62 on December 04, 2010, 10:00:42 pm by NorthNorfolkRover »
Well ive bought a few tickets in the home end. Will celebrate any rovers goal and will argue the toss to anyone  whose to blame if anyone gets upset.their policy is fifaresque.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 05, 2010, 09:36:50 am by CusworthRovers »
1. Did you get somebody to buy them for you?....or did it all by yourself. The trouble is I will have a 01302 dialling code and a Donny accent......unless I

2. I too have emailed the club and just as The Beatles predicted....No Reply

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on December 05, 2010, 10:04:49 am by Filo »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
Has anybody that emailed them had the courtesy of a reply?

I emailed and I have had no reply either

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 05, 2010, 10:08:57 am by Rovers Return »
No reply.....

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 05, 2010, 10:37:23 am by Filo »
CusworthRovers wrote:
1. Did you get somebody to buy them for you?....or did it all by yourself. The trouble is I will have a 01302 dialling code and a Donny accent......unless I

2. I too have emailed the club and just as The Beatles predicted....No Reply

Return to your familiy`s cave in Thorne and speak in your native tongue, with a bit of luck they`ll understand what you want amongst all those grunts and snorts and a different dialling code as well  :laugh:  :laugh:

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 05, 2010, 10:39:06 am by wilts rover »
no me neither - do you think that so many of us have emailed that it might have sent their server down, hmmmm......

Fanatical Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 05, 2010, 10:57:36 am by Fanatical Rover »
http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/milton-keynes-dons-fans-ticket-refund.php?id=.

Milton Keynes Dons fans who made the journey north for their team’s Tuesday night League One game against Huddersfield Town have been given a £14 refund thanks to the work of MK Dons Supporters’ Association (MKDSA) and the FSF.

Is it worth contacting the FSF

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 05, 2010, 11:10:46 am by Dagenham Rover »
Fanatical Rover wrote:
http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/milton-keynes-dons-fans-ticket-refund.php?id=.

Milton Keynes Dons fans who made the journey north for their team’s Tuesday night League One game against Huddersfield Town have been given a £14 refund thanks to the work of MK Dons Supporters’ Association (MKDSA) and the FSF.

Is it worth contacting the FSF

See earlier in the thread they are on the case.

However interesting to see it appears nobody's had  the courtesy of any sort of reply from Leicester not even a \"Up Yours\"

Although the lack of replies say \"Up Yours\"

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 05, 2010, 08:11:23 pm by silent majority »
Don't lose the faith just yet, we (FSF) were all at a National Council meeting today and this item was on the agenda and was discussed. I'll report as soon as I can.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 05, 2010, 08:26:16 pm by hoolahoop »
silent_majority wrote:
Don't lose the faith just yet, we (FSF) were all at a National Council meeting today and this item was on the agenda and was discussed. I'll report as soon as I can.

Time's running out though silent m., hate to hurry you as I know you are doing your level best.
Incidentally no e-mail response here either.  :(

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 05, 2010, 09:22:02 pm by CusworthRovers »
silent_majority wrote:

Very encouraging and reassuring SM. It's folks like you lot that deserve a great deal of praise and thanks

Cheers and if you pull it off you can have a pint on me

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 06, 2010, 12:11:50 pm by ctay »
I will be in the home end. A friend has got me a couple of tickets, £6 each bargain!

3gP

• Forum Member
Re:10 quid to watch rovers at Leicester or not???
« Reply #74 on December 06, 2010, 04:53:14 pm by 3gP »
According to Sheffield United website our game is \"Cat B\" which means £25 Adults.
Huddersfield made the decision on the MK Dons refund on the day of the game, so Leicester still have plenty of time to do the right thing.
Also, i think for the league game at Derby last season we paid £24 and now for Boxing Day they're asking £31 !!!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 06, 2010, 09:22:36 pm by normal rules »
I know it's only Monday night but I cannot see Leicester reneging on their crap pricing for this game. What a shame, I personally know 11 who would have gone had it not been for the stupid price difference for away fans. Sitting in the home end is not an option. Sat with forest fans last season when they hammered us at the city ground and that was bad enough.
There is always the possibility that Leicester will offer refunds after the event but the damage will have been done. Don't know how many tickets we have sold but I bet at 10 quid each we could have easily had 1500 to 2000 there even this close to Xmas.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 06, 2010, 09:25:55 pm by normal rules »
Just checked 564. Pitiful and I expected nothing less. Well done to those committed few who go irrespective of price.

It could and should be a lot lot more.

Shame on you Leicester.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 07, 2010, 05:40:17 pm by silent majority »
Well its not over yet, however, without giving all the detail I can say that its looking unlikely for the following reasons;

There has been a complete change of management inside Leicester City this week with Mandaric stepping down and the new owners moving in

They are convinced that they are playing by the FL rules although we have pointed out they are contravening policy (in our opinion)

They see our ticket sales as being very poor and cutting the price won't change much (they miss the obvious here!)

We have now to escalate the complaint to the FL, this takes time! Also this has never been done before on the discrimination issue.

However, they did agree to look at this again this afternoon, and the Foxes Trust have said they will raise it in their meeting with the club on Thursday (well done to them!)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 07, 2010, 05:47:13 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Also maybe worth pointing out the number of people that have said they are going in the home end for the afternoon.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 07, 2010, 06:25:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
silent_majority wrote:

There has been a complete change of management inside Leicester City this week with Mandaric stepping down and the new owners moving in

Fair enough I can see some turmoil because of this, but neither old nor new can obviously see a hand in front of their face

They are convinced that they are playing by the FL rules although we have pointed out they are contravening policy

Discrimination of any sort is against the law of the land which would come above FL policy anyway, home/away black/white able/disabled etc etc

They see our ticket sales as being very poor and cutting the price won't change much (they miss the obvious here!)

As stated pretty obvious why sales are so poor.
Leicester's only an hour and half away or so (yes xmas comes into play as well but 30 quid just before xmas as opposed to say £15 well .......) Oh and half the away fans are in the home end  :blink:

We have now to escalate the complaint to the FL, this takes time! Also this has never been done before on the discrimination issue.

Get on with it

However, they did agree to look at this again this afternoon, and the Foxes Trust have said they will raise it in their meeting with the club on Thursday (well done to them!)

Perhaps most of their fans are on the same planet as everybody else unlike the policymakers at Leicester

Rovers player here I come  :) :blink:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on December 07, 2010, 06:35:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The annoying thing is, were they to say black people pay £26, white £10 they wouldn't get away with it, same on race, sexuality or gender, so why because of the football team you support?  Very bizarre.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 07, 2010, 06:50:01 pm by silent majority »
Just to be clear, this is the FL Policy which we believe is being contravened, and as with all FL clubs, Leicester have to agree to;

ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY

The Football League seeks to ensure that spectators, players, officials and others involved at football matches and in football generally should be protected from discrimination, including that on the grounds of age, race or ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability, gender or any other unjustifiable reason.

Lets not forget though, this is happening all the time at most football league clubs up and down the country and we have been complicit in this also. What other reason would you have for categorisation of games? Surely this breaches the above policy too?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 07, 2010, 06:59:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I realise you are saying football league policies are being contravened and thats whats being worked on, but also the law of the land is surely being contravened

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 07, 2010, 07:08:59 pm by silent majority »
Dagenham.Rover wrote:
I realise you are saying football league policies are being contravened and thats whats being worked on, but also the law of the land is surely being contravened

No, the FL policy goes further than the law of the land.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 07, 2010, 07:18:25 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
silent_majority wrote:

The Football League seeks to ensure that spectators, players, officials and others involved at football matches and in football generally should be protected from discrimination, including that on the grounds of age.

So, if I followed this policy to the letter, does this mean I am also entitled to demand my ticket for the same price as an Under 8?  :P

Prices
£26 Adults
£22 Seniors 60+
£16 Under 22's (18-21yrs)
£10 Under 18's (12-17yrs)
£5 Under 12's (8-11yrs)
£3 Under 8's

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 07, 2010, 07:18:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm no lawyer SM but perhaps this might help

Equality Act provisions which came into force on 1 October 2010
•The basic framework of protection against direct and indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation in services and public functions; premises; work; education; associations, and transport.

http://www.equalities.gov.uk/equality_bill.aspx

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 07, 2010, 08:53:42 pm by Rovers Return »
Home end for 4 of us if they don't come up with the goods.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 07, 2010, 09:47:21 pm by Superspy »
Snods Shinpad 2 wrote:
silent_majority wrote:

The Football League seeks to ensure that spectators, players, officials and others involved at football matches and in football generally should be protected from discrimination, including that on the grounds of age.

So, if I followed this policy to the letter, does this mean I am also entitled to demand my ticket for the same price as an Under 8?  :P

Prices
£26 Adults
£22 Seniors 60+
£16 Under 22's (18-21yrs)
£10 Under 18's (12-17yrs)
£5 Under 12's (8-11yrs)
£3 Under 8's

technically yes, but then they could just say \"ok, under 8s now pay £26\"....

its the same old argument with insurance companies charging women less for car insurance, it went to court once and the insurance company argued that by NOT separating people by age/gender it wouldnt bring costs down, it would make the whole thing more expensive for everybody.....the insurance company won.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 08, 2010, 10:48:14 am by hoolahoop »
We're not talking about a slight difference here though are we ?
The supporters of DRFC are being asked to pay 3 times as much for the luxury of sitting in this bloody stadium.
Ok I accept , it's my choice to pay the £26 but the difference is huge and immoral. The potential for trouble in the home ends is surely not worth the risk of fleecing many of our supporters to heavily subsidise their supporters.
This can't be right whether they do it , we do it or any other fooker does it!!!!!
Am I missing summat here or does the FL work in much the same way as FIFA ?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 08, 2010, 11:03:43 am by CusworthRovers »
I'm really struggling here boys. I'm going stir crazy. The postponed Barnsley game has merely served to make my feelings 10 fold worse......I'm still without tickets on a massive principle and moral journey by me. I'm weak boys, I think...I think....I think I'm going to buy some tickets..........arrrrgghhh

TinyPortal © 2005-2012