Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:31:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rwanda  (Read 5979 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Rwanda
« on April 13, 2022, 11:01:51 pm by albie »
New destination for UK migrant applicants:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/rwanda-offshore-asylum-seekers-boris-johnson-priti-patel-b2057541.html

WTF is this all above.
The UK has international responsibilities under the Refugee Convention.

How about providing safe routes and removing illegal trafficking from the system?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Rwanda
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2022, 11:16:11 pm by BobG »
Jesus Christ.....

BobG

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2022, 11:23:46 pm by SydneyRover »
Lynton Crosby

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2022, 07:46:30 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm not sure there's a solution to the immigration problem.  But I'm sure that this isn't it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2022, 08:08:21 am by Filo »
Dead cat, to take away the news that the PM is fighting off

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2022, 08:20:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I've been saying for years that Patel is a sociopath. Prioritising this, while we are still getting barely anyone in from Ukraine. Just disgusting.

Worth noting. Hitler initially had a plan to deport Jews to Madagascar.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 14, 2022, 08:23:25 am by drfchound »
Lynton Crosby

Another person from Australia who introduces divisive and controversial issues into a situation.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 14, 2022, 08:25:39 am by BillyStubbsTears »
As I'm writing this, I'm listening to a Cabinet minister on the radio stumbling and stammering over questions on this.

I might be reading between the lines, but he sounded horrified by what he was asked to support and defend.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 14, 2022, 08:31:21 am by SydneyRover »
Lynton Crosby

Another person from Australia who introduces divisive and controversial issues into a situation.

Spot on hound, Crosby will be right behind this, driving the culture wars as a distraction away from his absolute shit show of a government.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 14, 2022, 09:48:32 am by River Don »
Timing.

He was in need of a big destraction.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 14, 2022, 10:03:31 am by turnbull for england »
They said on BBC this morning , that Patel herself doesn't even know if it can get passed the legal challenges it faces , so it's just a headline really  to show " Brexit works"  and we can make decisions. Another interesting point on Tele  was rlthe question, 3 immigrants arrive together, 2 Africans and a Ukrainian-  two are sent to Rwanda and one straight off to be put up in a spare room in blighty? How do they explain that one

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 14, 2022, 10:06:56 am by River Don »
It's a headline and a heated debate alright.

To take the focus off partygate.

It's a standard Johnson tactic, create some outrage as a deflection. He knows how to use the media.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:10:31 am by River Don »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 14, 2022, 10:10:25 am by Metalmicky »
question, 3 immigrants arrive together, 2 Africans and a Ukrainian-  two are sent to Rwanda and one straight off to be put up in a spare room in blighty? How do they explain that one

I think it means that we only want the right type of immigrant....?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 14, 2022, 11:11:08 am by tyke1962 »
Maybe if  we stopped selling arms to gangster governments or siding with US foreign policy we wouldn't have this problem on this kind of scale .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 14, 2022, 11:19:15 am by SydneyRover »
It's a headline and a heated debate alright.

To take the focus off partygate.

It's a standard Johnson tactic, create some outrage as a deflection. He knows how to use the media.

Yep don't get distracted from the main event, johnson's criminality, keep your eye on his other hand. he's giving the finger to the people of Britain.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 14, 2022, 11:19:57 am by Ldr »
Hotel Rwanda?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 14, 2022, 11:21:21 am by SydneyRover »
Yep, he could be the last king of Scotland

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 14, 2022, 11:21:58 am by normal rules »
Timing.

He was in need of a big destraction.

Timing wise, I thought the issuing of fixed penalty notices during eater recess was pretty obviously engineered also.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 14, 2022, 11:43:04 am by Colemans Left Hook »
https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=284651.0

and try to keep a straight face as the penny drops :thumbsup:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 14, 2022, 11:59:04 am by DonnyOsmond »
Why are we sending a shit tonne of tax payer money to Rwanda?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 14, 2022, 12:07:01 pm by albie »
The minister knew nothing about this, and ruled it out a few days ago:
https://twitter.com/bmay/status/1514360143001104393?cxt=HHwWksC5mdqhi4QqAAAA

So the distraction tactic, while the Easter recess is taking place, is a big motive.

Rwanda has an appalling human rights record in relation to migrants, and is not a location any of the refugees fleeing war would be looking to move to.

A new moral morass for the UK to mire ourselves in.
Unlawful and a breach of our agreed responsibilities to the international community as well.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 14, 2022, 12:33:37 pm by BobG »
Can I ask a genuine question please? I  really would like to know of examples of a similar size 'distraction' tactic employed by Mrs.Thatcher, Tony Blair and/or Gordon Brown. Each of them had big problems to deal with in the Poll Tax, Weapons of Mass Destruction and the Financial Crisis. I'd like to see how Fatso compares.

BobG
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 12:37:09 pm by BobG »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 14, 2022, 12:37:46 pm by glosterred »
Seems the UK isn’t the first country in Europe to allow the processing of asylum seekers in a third country. Cannot remember much up take on this on this forum when it happened

https://eumigrationlawblog.eu/denmarks-legislation-on-extraterritorial-asylum-in-light-of-international-and-eu-law/

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 14, 2022, 01:00:20 pm by albie »
Interesting link, glosterred.

I was not aware of the Denmark situation.
Likely that this will end up in the courts, with Rwanda in the spotlight as a "safe third country", or not!

Looks very much to me like an immigration version of extraordinary rendition, where those who have a right to claim asylum or have a migrant application considered in the UK on arrival, are deferred to a holding location pending a decision.

It seems to me to open the door to further exploitation of vulnerable people to a new forms of trafficking, outside UK jurisdiction.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 14, 2022, 01:03:52 pm by wilts rover »
Johnson announced last weekend we will be sending £1m in arms and aid to Ukraine.

They have announced this inital TRIAL plan will cost c£1.5m.

Not sure myself they have their priorities right - still it will keep the racists happy.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 14, 2022, 01:06:49 pm by glosterred »
Johnson announced last weekend we will be sending £1m in arms and aid to Ukraine.

They have announced this inital TRIAL plan will cost c£1.5m.

Not sure myself they have their priorities right - still it will keep the racists happy.

Not sure where that £1m comes from but so far this

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/ukraine-uk-pledges-another-80million-in-aid-to-help-ukraine-deal-with-humanitarian-crisis

Has been spent on Ukraine

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 14, 2022, 01:09:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Seems the UK isn’t the first country in Europe to allow the processing of asylum seekers in a third country. Cannot remember much up take on this on this forum when it happened

https://eumigrationlawblog.eu/denmarks-legislation-on-extraterritorial-asylum-in-light-of-international-and-eu-law/

Probably because there wasn't much news on it and also it's another country and not the UK.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 14, 2022, 01:10:03 pm by glosterred »
So far a lot has been said about this proposal but no one on here as yet to come up with an alternative. Everyone that turns up illegally cost the taxpayer money. As taxpayers money is finite what is the alternative?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 14, 2022, 01:14:27 pm by wilts rover »

But that can't be true gloster - Johnson said in his speech this morning he was only able to do this because of Brexit?

Are you saying he was lying (again?).

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 14, 2022, 01:16:45 pm by wilts rover »
So far a lot has been said about this proposal but no one on here as yet to come up with an alternative. Everyone that turns up illegally cost the taxpayer money. As taxpayers money is finite what is the alternative?

Taxpayers money would appear not to be finite as this will be in place forever thus cost billions.

Process the applications in France is the logical think to do - but that wont keep the racists happy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012