Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 09:11:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: terrible atmosphere last sat.  (Read 3846 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: terrible atmosphere last sat.
« Reply #30 on April 22, 2013, 10:41:48 pm by hoolahoop »
The atmosphere was shocking. Not helped by the thousands of hanger on's expecting us to stroll to victory.

I suspect the same won't be said for the atmosphere from home fans at Brentford.

You`re unbelievable, you moan all season about the lack of ticket sales and then when we do get a good crowd their hangers on!

Simply stating the facts. Or are you denying that was the case?

I`m not denying anything, I`m simply amazed that all season you have a pop at the Doncaster public for not buying tickets, then when they do, you label them! I`m not sure you know what you want yourself!

Them to all turn up again next season. That'd be a start.

Season ticket holders like me will turn up and watch such a poor performance but the extras will not. This may be negative but f--king grow up its realism. We lost on Saturday with a whimper. We may, hopefully win on Saturday but the manager and the team must learn how to perform and win at home, if we had
this season we would already be promoted.

Very true steve but if the team and the manager are struggling at home then everyone on here should stop blaming the fecking pitch.
The problem is the atmosphere more than pitch quality and it quite clearly doesn't inspire the players. Yes I know they get paid to play but it's still a fact that they will raise their game with good support at home and unlike the away games they quite clearly haven't been getting that excellent level of support. It's not good enough for many not to even cheer the team onto the pitch, wtf are they doing at the game in the first place ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: terrible atmosphere last sat.
« Reply #31 on April 23, 2013, 08:15:57 am by IDM »
I don't agree Hoola - the atmosphere (what it was) on Saturday was more than on other home games where we have won this season, Colchester for example.

Also, I don't agree with Steve that we lost with a whimper - we carried on to the bitter end, creating plenty of chances that lacked in the final bit of quality in front of goal.  Very fine dividing lines between a pass that goes astray and one that doesn't, a 50/50 ref decision, a close offside call etc.  We were only a short step from what would have been seen as a decent (if not blisteringly entertaining) performance and a more positive result.

It didn't happen for us on Saturday, too many things didn't come off - but it is just a football match, no one died did they?

As for the atmosphere, it started great but was hit by their stunning goal, and seeing the play progress as it did where next to nothing went our way, it just got more tense.  No point in arguing about which sets of fans did what is there?  Had we won 3-1 with just as scrappy a game but more luck in front of goal, would that performance have attracted more of the additional spectators to become regular fans?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012