Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:33:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Title.  (Read 26567 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: The Title.
« Reply #150 on April 28, 2017, 09:47:26 pm by RedJ »
Tranmere I believe, the team who imploded from top to finish 7th and then suffered back-to-back relegations in subsequent years.

Was it you who ridiculed me for thinking Tranmere's form was unsustainable when Jake Cassidy was originally recalled by Wolves?

My memory doesn't stretch back that far, but it could well have been.

Whatever happened to him?  :lol:

Went back to Wolves, did f**k all, they sent him back to Tranmere when they imploded, did f**k all. :laugh:

Guisely he plays for these days.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

« Reply #151 on April 29, 2017, 08:29:24 am by ballysbackin »
Well checked on Plymouth again, They are backing themselves to win 4 - 0 and Exeter to put 6 past Donny.  Real dreamers.

Pompey site, full of doom and gloom not much of a mention about football but the proposed take over is looking doomed and there could be a hefty cash flow problem they say - a similar deal to an off-shore one to Donny's £10m  but more likely to be £5.6m The first figure "May" be used for the team...They are also pointing out that the Southampton deal is not looking healthy. So I think and could well be wrong that Plymouth are the big gob shites and Portsmouth are the realists, no mention of them getting Championship BUT again Cook could be keeping the lid on the pudding.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on April 29, 2017, 08:32:17 am by drfchound »
I think i read somewhere last week that Cook is likely to go without adding much to the squad for next season.

He reckons his current squad are mostly good enough for L1.

I wonder whether he has been told in advance that not much funding will be available to him?

pafcprogs

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on April 29, 2017, 09:40:16 am by pafcprogs »
Good morning....today is the day I suspect...

Bally...no-one honestly thinks the six toes will score six against you but we are pleased that any victory they have today if they do will be tinged with regret they have helped us....

Truth is you cab draw and stuff Hartlepool and that will be enough...

Our home form cost us the title....but our away form kept us in the f=race so we need to win twice and then whatever you do you do...

I think you will win today and be champions next week....but we do at least have Reid Allesandra and Rooney lining up for your opponents who still have green blood we hope....

Either way we both had the seasons we hoped for...see you next season!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on April 29, 2017, 10:04:21 am by knockers »
I'm glad you've gone up as well so I can spend a few days in Looe and take in the game. Works perfectly for me being a Kernow/Yorkshire mongrel.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on April 29, 2017, 10:18:26 am by RedJ »
I'm not. f**king seven hour journey there on the coach. Journey home is absolutely horrendous, more so if you lose.

ballysbackin

« Reply #156 on April 29, 2017, 10:25:26 am by ballysbackin »
Good morning....today is the day I suspect...

Bally...no-one honestly thinks the six toes will score six against you but we are pleased that any victory they have today if they do will be tinged with regret they have helped us....

Truth is you cab draw and stuff Hartlepool and that will be enough...

Our home form cost us the title....but our away form kept us in the f=race so we need to win twice and then whatever you do you do...

I think you will win today and be champions next week....but we do at least have Reid Allesandra and Rooney lining up for your opponents who still have green blood we hope....

You are welcome. It is good to see some sense. I congratulate you on your promotion as well, I see under "The Vultures are Circling" you are going to be raided by Barnet someone suggest/ Well that would be a big fall down for any player to gain promotion and then settle to play in the same league the following term. On that I know Marquis did at Northampton but he was only on loan thankfully. Good Luck and see you next season but could we have three points please ?  :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Either way we both had the seasons we hoped for...see you next season!

ballysbackin

« Reply #157 on April 29, 2017, 12:06:22 pm by ballysbackin »
Plymuff do not want Exeter to win, they want Donny to lose .???????????????????????????? Beyond me

pafcprogs

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on April 29, 2017, 12:53:46 pm by pafcprogs »
It's just easier to say...

I hope Exeter come through the play-offs...shorter travel and better gates...

Lets be honest in the normal course of events Plymouth and Doncaster have no natural rivalry...solets enjoy the fact one of us can be Champions....

Mind you having the trophy there when a win keeps us in it...not sure I'd have made that public!

Looe is lovely...I lived along the coast in Downderry for a few years before I exiled myself to Kent...

No lose for me though Exeter get a point or three good for us..they lose...never a bad thing!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on April 29, 2017, 06:02:31 pm by RedJ »
bas**rds.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on April 29, 2017, 06:13:50 pm by drfchound »

Lets be honest in the normal course of events Plymouth and Doncaster have no natural rivalry...solets enjoy the fact one of us can be Champions....

Mind you having the trophy there when a win keeps us in it...not sure I'd have made that public!

Looe is lovely...I lived along the coast in Downderry for a few years before I exiled myself to Kent...

No lose for me though Exeter get a point or three good for us..they lose...never a bad thing!

My wife's good friend lived at The Dairy, Downderry.
The Prowse family.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on April 29, 2017, 11:49:48 pm by les@donr »
Plymouth deserve the title because we have given it to them through such poor form.

ballysbackin

« Reply #162 on April 30, 2017, 07:17:52 am by ballysbackin »
Plymouth deserve the title because we have given it to them through such poor form.

Doncaster Rovers - Disgraceful after getting promoted, served that up to the fans since game 41. Rubbish.......

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on April 30, 2017, 10:24:30 am by idler »
A month or two ago Plymouth were losing games at home to keep us top.
Now we have returned the favour.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on April 30, 2017, 06:04:15 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Not sure Plymouth deserve the title really.  There's been a hatful of games where we've done our best to gift it to them and most weeks they've been as bad as us results wise.  It's only the last bit of the run-in where we've lost every game they've been able to haul us in.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on April 30, 2017, 07:14:46 pm by German Rover »
Not sure Plymouth deserve the title really.  There's been a hatful of games where we've done our best to gift it to them and most weeks they've been as bad as us results wise.  It's only the last bit of the run-in where we've lost every game they've been able to haul us in.

They have the most points over 45 games, they deserve to be there

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on May 01, 2017, 01:25:39 pm by phil old leake »
I think that even playing as shit as we have been we can beat the hangers.   Will the cod heads want to play to win or just dream about being in the beach

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on May 01, 2017, 01:34:36 pm by Goole Rover »
bas**rds.
Why are you always the expert in lowering the tone with your vile gutter language.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on May 01, 2017, 02:25:26 pm by RedJ »
Aww did a naughty word make you sad? :(

pafcprogs

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on May 01, 2017, 04:57:08 pm by pafcprogs »
DRFC Hound

I went to school with Roger & Derek Prowse...and I have a vague recollection of a younger Anthony(??)...plus I am sure they had a sister who used to get up and dance in the pub hotel my parent ran (The Seaview Inn)

I believe the dairy now a restaurant based on a conversation with someone who attended my father in law funeral earlier this year...

If your wife was local she'll also know Bill Hocking! oldest working fisherman in the Uk until recently....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on May 01, 2017, 08:09:42 pm by drfchound »
My wife is a Yorkshire girl mate but she was at University in Chichester with Jill Prowse who lived at The Dairy.
I guess she must have been the daughter that you're telling me about.

pafcprogs

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on May 02, 2017, 06:37:22 am by pafcprogs »
Jill sounds familiar....

If your good lady still in touch ask her if she remembers dancing to Pretty Woman in the Seaview lounge bar !!

Long time since I have been back to Downderry....I am in Kent these days and my other half only wants t go to guaranteed heat fir holidays!

Best of luck for Saturday (back on topic)....typical Argyke this season to get the ole pole position then slip up,,,albeit out=r away for better than at home...

Anyone but Pompey!!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on May 05, 2017, 11:42:26 pm by les@donr »
Well the wait is almost over, we will soon see who will lift the title.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on May 05, 2017, 11:53:26 pm by RedJ »
Anyone else's arse nipping?

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on May 06, 2017, 03:58:55 am by les@donr »
sticky bum time :pinch:

pafcprogs

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on May 06, 2017, 07:11:14 am by pafcprogs »
Squeaky bum time...sticky bum a whole different issue :)

so the perfect script...Pompey runuo a hatful ve Cheltenham while we both struggle....

Into added time.....Louis Rooney nets his first on loan at Hartlepool as Graham Carey marks his hundredth appearance with a trademark 25 yard free kick...

He then grabs the mike at the trophy ceremony and announces his commitment to Argyle with a three year deal

Nurse ..\I need my medication again...I keep having those dreams again

Nurse, nurse

ballysbackin

« Reply #176 on May 06, 2017, 08:05:49 am by ballysbackin »
Good Luck to you all on the final day of this season and see you again next time around.   Safe journey there and home is more important than football, we will all be enemies for 90 mins and wish the worst on each other's team but we cannot change what will be, somebody will be Champions, somebody will be second and somebody will be third, only thing is tomorrow it will all be over. RTID :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on May 06, 2017, 08:32:28 am by Donnywolf »
.... AND all 3 Teams and their Fans will be a Division higher next Season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on May 06, 2017, 09:02:03 am by IDM »

The trophy was at Doncaster last weekend as we were the only side who could have secured the title that day.

Maybe having it there was a bad omen?

Good luck today, if you win and finish top you will deserve the title.  If we do, so will we - Pompey too.  Yes it is a cliche but the table doesn't lie after 46 games...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #179 on May 06, 2017, 10:54:56 am by idler »
At the end of the day we are all fans and have all tasted enough defeats and successes over the years to cope with either disappointment or elation.
Let's hope that it's the latter in our case.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012